General Games Discussion

-Danielle-

Death Scythe
Hola, so as some may know, I purchased Fahrenheit as a gamble xmas gift for my Brother. Trouble is, since I purchased it, my Mum got a new PC tower which has Windows 8 and Fahrenheit is like Windows XP compatible so I'm wondering if I can somehow make the game play on Windows 8 or if I should just return it?
 

NormanicGrav

(゜ロ゜)
AUKN Staff
So I finally got a physical copy of Gravity Rush. Unfortunately it's the North American version. Now I have accepted the US version for a majority of the Vita games out there (like Persona 4 Golden, Danganronpa, Senran Kagura etc.) but Gravity Rush is one of the few games that actually have Trophies added with Downloadable Content so for me I can 100% the Retail Trophy list but because I have a NA game I can't get the DLC.

But there might be a solution - PlayStation TV.

Apparently the PlayStation TV (or Vita TV as it should have been promoted as) can allow multiple accounts on the system so it might be possible for me to get the rest of the Trophies on that system when it comes out in the UK. I would rather have more clarification before doing so.
 

-Danielle-

Death Scythe
Professor Layton & The Miracle Mask for the 3DS.

WHAT THE F*CK HAVE THEY DONE?!?!?!?!?!?!

Omg it's just minging! I hate the navigation and the way it's now animated! It's only the original animation in the cut scenes now. I'm devastated. Apprehensive to buy the Azran Legacy and vs Phoenix Wright as I think they'll be the same :(
 

Arbalest

黒い剣士
Moderator
Persona 4 Golden is definitely worth picking up. It's not really similar to any of the game you have their either, but it's not a style of game common to xbox in the first place. It's basically a game of two halves. a dungeon crawler RPG, and a school life sim. You study, explore and talk to people in the town, buy weapons, armors and build up social links with other characters. You can also choose to visit the midnight channel world, where you'll go through dungeons very much akin to JRPG style, have encounters with enemies, fight in a turn based format. level up, etc.
The story for the game is superb too, characters are all good fun and it has a brilliant soundtrack too. Basically, if you enjoy JRPGs, i recommend this. If you want to make your first step into the world of persona as well, this is a good choice.
 

sora

Magical Girl
Thanks, I think Ill give it a go then, Its only £14 in the Playstation store at the moment as well so Ill just download it
 

-Danielle-

Death Scythe
Hey, I'm after "Last Window - The Secret of Cape West" for the DS, would anyone happen to have a copy they don't want anymore please? Lent my Brother Hotel Dusk which he likes so want to get this as a gamble surprise xmas gift if possible :)
 

-Danielle-

Death Scythe
Ah awesome, will take a gander. Went to look in Game to see what they had but nada and Amazon is charging extortion. Looks like this is the best I'll get it, ta :)
 

-Danielle-

Death Scythe
Ni No Kuni, am I going to find it anywhere cheaper than on Amazon UK used or new?

Lost Planet 3, is that genuine 2 player like Lost Planet 2 is or can you only mutiplayer online please?
 

Joshawott

Monsieur Monster
AUKN Staff
Just came back from two days at EGX. Wow, Oculus Rift is really cool!

Due to my WiiUAndMii obligations, I mainly focused on the Nintendo stuff. Must have played Splatoon 3-4 times, because it was so fun.
 

Mangaranga

Za Warudo
Joshawott said:
Just came back from two days at EGX. Wow, Oculus Rift is really cool!

Due to my WiiUAndMii obligations, I mainly focused on the Nintendo stuff. Must have played Splatoon 3-4 times, because it was so fun.
So that covers what, all of Smash 4, Bayonetta 2 and Splatoon? I'm Sorry, had to. Splatoon looks alright but I can't see it really catching on.
Have you played any Smash 4 yet Josh (3ds or Wii U)? I'm interested to hear what you think about it. Personally I have very mixed thoughts based on the 3ds demo...
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Joshawott

Monsieur Monster
AUKN Staff
Mangaranga said:
Joshawott said:
Just came back from two days at EGX. Wow, Oculus Rift is really cool!

Due to my WiiUAndMii obligations, I mainly focused on the Nintendo stuff. Must have played Splatoon 3-4 times, because it was so fun.
So that covers what, all of Smash 4, Bayonetta 2 and Splatoon? I'm Sorry, had to. Splatoon looks alright but I can't see it really catching on.
Have you played any Smash 4 yet Josh (3ds or Wii U)? I'm interested to hear what you think about it. Personally I have very mixed thoughts based on the 3ds demo...
I also played Yoshi's Woolly World (liked) and Kirby (very mixed on). They also had demos for stuff like Sonic Boom, Hyrule Warriors and various indie games.

I've played Super Smash Bros. for 3DS (many, many times) but have yet to play the Wii U version. Basically, to play the Wii U demo, you had to win a match on the 3DS one during a set time period (a fellow writer did qualify though. His thoughts should be up next week). Personally, I like them very much - although it is obvious that the 3DS version is pushing the console to its limit.

I did hate how the Smash Bros. 3DS demos were on the regular sized console though. It really needs to be played on an XL - for both size and comfort reasons.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Lutga

Mad Scientist
Quick question - I'm looking to pick up a few games for my 2DS to keep me occupied over the coming months and was wondering if there's anything that's a logical follow on to play after finishing Fire Emblem? I absolutely adored that game, and it completely sold me on the DS, so is there anything that offers similar levels of fulfillment RPG/strategy wise?
 

Joshawott

Monsieur Monster
AUKN Staff
Lutga said:
Quick question - I'm looking to pick up a few games for my 2DS to keep me occupied over the coming months and was wondering if there's anything that's a logical follow on to play after finishing Fire Emblem? I absolutely adored that game, and it completely sold me on the DS, so is there anything that offers similar levels of fulfillment RPG/strategy wise?
Maybe Bravely Default? It's not a strategy RPG in the sense that Fire Emblem is (it plays like an old fashioned Final Fantasy game), but its job system and the Brave/Default mechanics do add a lot of strategy to the game.
 

Lutga

Mad Scientist
Joshawott said:
Lutga said:
Quick question - I'm looking to pick up a few games for my 2DS to keep me occupied over the coming months and was wondering if there's anything that's a logical follow on to play after finishing Fire Emblem? I absolutely adored that game, and it completely sold me on the DS, so is there anything that offers similar levels of fulfillment RPG/strategy wise?
Maybe Bravely Default? It's not a strategy RPG in the sense that Fire Emblem is (it plays like an old fashioned Final Fantasy game), but its job system and the Brave/Default mechanics do add a lot of strategy to the game.
I've got Bravely Default already actually (sorry, probably should have put that in my original post) - and loved that too. I'm always looking out for stuff to nab on the DS, but it seems the Vita is more the go-to handheld for JRPGs these days?
 
Top