General Games Discussion

VoxPhantom

Stand User
Mutsumi said:
You should get a PS3, then you'd have finished that game a few years ago, and the two sequels since.
I've got all three games on PS3 and haven't finished the first one yet... The game is so time consuming! :lol:
 

Y-San

Shinki
As anyone checked the line-up for the 3DS this year, post the Nintendo conference yesterday?
I have to admit, looking at it, I legitimately feel that buying a 3DS was a good choice after all.
I mean, we have a new Mario & Luigi game, Mario golf, LTTP2, Yoshi's Island, Pokemon, Professor Layton and AA5 in the coming months, what's not to be hyped about?

I'm seriously hyped for M&L though. I thought it would be a good year before it was out but July 12 is only three months off and if the previous games are anything to go by, then it's going to be good.
 

GRCC

Brigade Leader
Some people (Americans) are suing over Colonial Marines being a bit rubbish and nothing like the pre release footage - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013- ... nd-gearbox - Free country and all that but I feel their problems wouldn't have become problems if they, I don't know, waited for the reviews before buying? Just speculating of course. I feel like these are the same people who slapped down money for Rise of the Robots back in the day.

This is something that bugs me about modern gamers, they've not cottoned on to the concept that a game that has no reviews prior to release is usually a bad egg and then they go ape when they pay full price and find it's a bit rubbish. It's not a difficult concept to grasp, it's even less difficult than not paying full price for a game. I also firmly believe the law firm involved are staffed by weasel, vulture hybrid creatures.
 

Tachi

Mushi-shi

Just something i thought people would be interested in seeing, its not a bad deal at all, i may buy luigis mansion and another game just so i can get another for free (already own monster hunter hence why i mentioned buying just 2 other games)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Ranger Ryu

Kiznaiver
GRCC said:
Some people (Americans) are suing over Colonial Marines being a bit rubbish and nothing like the pre release footage - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013- ... nd-gearbox - Free country and all that but I feel their problems wouldn't have become problems if they, I don't know, waited for the reviews before buying? Just speculating of course. I feel like these are the same people who slapped down money for Rise of the Robots back in the day.
Nope didn't have that game...............>_>..........<_<........
 

Spoonmage

Dandy Guy, in Space
Lawrence said:
As anyone checked the line-up for the 3DS this year, post the Nintendo conference yesterday?
I have to admit, looking at it, I legitimately feel that buying a 3DS was a good choice after all.
I mean, we have a new Mario & Luigi game, Mario golf, LTTP2, Yoshi's Island, Pokemon, Professor Layton and AA5 in the coming months, what's not to be hyped about?

I'm seriously hyped for M&L though. I thought it would be a good year before it was out but July 12 is only three months off and if the previous games are anything to go by, then it's going to be good.

wait wait wait. is ace attorney 5 coming out in the uk?
 

Arbalest

黒い剣士
Moderator
Spoonmage said:
Lawrence said:
As anyone checked the line-up for the 3DS this year, post the Nintendo conference yesterday?
I have to admit, looking at it, I legitimately feel that buying a 3DS was a good choice after all.
I mean, we have a new Mario & Luigi game, Mario golf, LTTP2, Yoshi's Island, Pokemon, Professor Layton and AA5 in the coming months, what's not to be hyped about?

I'm seriously hyped for M&L though. I thought it would be a good year before it was out but July 12 is only three months off and if the previous games are anything to go by, then it's going to be good.

wait wait wait. is ace attorney 5 coming out in the uk?
It was confirmed for Europe about a month or two after the game was announced, so yeah it's definitely on the way here. We'll probably get an estimated date around the nintendo directs during E3 at the earliest, if not after the game has hit japan.
 

ilmaestro

State Alchemist
GRCC said:
ASDA have dropped the Wii U's price down to £150. I smell a price war abrewing../quote]
Interesting, that's pretty close to the price it should have been at release. Certainly worth keeping an eye on. I see Amazon have moved their price to match, although they haven't shifted the price of the Premium model (and I see ASDA are sold out of those).
 

Spoonmage

Dandy Guy, in Space
Arbalest said:
Spoonmage said:
Lawrence said:
As anyone checked the line-up for the 3DS this year, post the Nintendo conference yesterday?
I have to admit, looking at it, I legitimately feel that buying a 3DS was a good choice after all.
I mean, we have a new Mario & Luigi game, Mario golf, LTTP2, Yoshi's Island, Pokemon, Professor Layton and AA5 in the coming months, what's not to be hyped about?

I'm seriously hyped for M&L though. I thought it would be a good year before it was out but July 12 is only three months off and if the previous games are anything to go by, then it's going to be good.

wait wait wait. is ace attorney 5 coming out in the uk?
It was confirmed for Europe about a month or two after the game was announced, so yeah it's definitely on the way here. We'll probably get an estimated date around the nintendo directs during E3 at the earliest, if not after the game has hit japan.

capital - AE5 was one of the reasons i bought a 3ds.
 

GRCC

Brigade Leader
And now it's on like Donkey Kong - http://uk.ign.com/videos/2013/05/13/pho ... nt-trailer

I think I'm going to give up on Layton v Wright coming here at this point :cry:

EDIT: And AA5 is e-shop only, sensibly priced this could work quite well. Then again it's Capcom so it'll probably be £100 for the base game and an extra £10 for each case after the first one.
 

Mangaranga

Za Warudo
So I bought the Monster Hunter 3DSXL with Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem and Kingdom Hearts 3D, as well as a free copy of Mario Bros 2 from Amazon. I've registered all of them and I have an option to pick a free game from the current promotion. I'm torn between Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (Which I've heard mixed things about, but enjoyed PKMD Blue and Explorers of Time) and Weegee's Mansion (Which I haven't played at all before), so to anyone who may have experience with these two titles, which one should I claim?
 

Arbalest

黒い剣士
Moderator
So some of you may follow fighting game streams, some of you may not. But the biggest fighting tournament in the world, Evo, takes place in no more than 2 weeks from now and fans gave $94k to charity for Super Smash Brothers Melee to be the charity fundraiser title at the event, and now Nintendo have gone and said that they will not allow it to be streamed.

Basically, the PR has gone stupid with this. fans saves up $94,000 to see this at the tournament, and now most of them won't ever get to see the matches live. After the stint with youtube videos, i shouldn't be surprised by this, but it's sickening to see. Nintendo need to get their act together, this is promotion for them even if the game is a decade old. It'd help get hype for Smash 3DS/WiiU, now though? not a chance. MLG had to can it as well, though the reason hasn't been mentioned, it's no doubt going to be similar circumstances.

this pisses me off, i love me a bit of old school fighting tournaments, and now i can't because nintendo don't like it? they've never butted in with it before, so why the heck now?
 

Arbalest

黒い剣士
Moderator
Double posting because events happen fast but nintendo did actually listen and have revoked the changes, and so smash bros melee will be streamed. http://shoryuken.com/2013/07/09/changes ... -schedule/ - in a way, them taking it down for even 2 hours was a blessing as it brought the fighting community together to basically force nintendo to overturn it. And turns out, Nintendo do listen to us. Good to know
 
Top