General Games Discussion

Just something i thought people would be interested in seeing, its not a bad deal at all, i may buy luigis mansion and another game just so i can get another for free (already own monster hunter hence why i mentioned buying just 2 other games)

Last edited by a moderator:
GRCC said:
Some people (Americans) are suing over Colonial Marines being a bit rubbish and nothing like the pre release footage - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013- ... nd-gearbox - Free country and all that but I feel their problems wouldn't have become problems if they, I don't know, waited for the reviews before buying? Just speculating of course. I feel like these are the same people who slapped down money for Rise of the Robots back in the day.

Nope didn't have that game...............>_>..........<_<........

Lawrence said:
As anyone checked the line-up for the 3DS this year, post the Nintendo conference yesterday?
I have to admit, looking at it, I legitimately feel that buying a 3DS was a good choice after all.
I mean, we have a new Mario & Luigi game, Mario golf, LTTP2, Yoshi's Island, Pokemon, Professor Layton and AA5 in the coming months, what's not to be hyped about?

I'm seriously hyped for M&L though. I thought it would be a good year before it was out but July 12 is only three months off and if the previous games are anything to go by, then it's going to be good.

wait wait wait. is ace attorney 5 coming out in the uk?

Spoonmage said:
Lawrence said:
As anyone checked the line-up for the 3DS this year, post the Nintendo conference yesterday?
I have to admit, looking at it, I legitimately feel that buying a 3DS was a good choice after all.
I mean, we have a new Mario & Luigi game, Mario golf, LTTP2, Yoshi's Island, Pokemon, Professor Layton and AA5 in the coming months, what's not to be hyped about?

I'm seriously hyped for M&L though. I thought it would be a good year before it was out but July 12 is only three months off and if the previous games are anything to go by, then it's going to be good.

It was confirmed for Europe about a month or two after the game was announced, so yeah it's definitely on the way here. We'll probably get an estimated date around the nintendo directs during E3 at the earliest, if not after the game has hit japan.

GRCC said:
ASDA have dropped the Wii U's price down to £150. I smell a price war abrewing../quote]
Interesting, that's pretty close to the price it should have been at release. Certainly worth keeping an eye on. I see Amazon have moved their price to match, although they haven't shifted the price of the Premium model (and I see ASDA are sold out of those).

Arbalest said:
Spoonmage said:
Lawrence said:

It was confirmed for Europe about a month or two after the game was announced, so yeah it's definitely on the way here. We'll probably get an estimated date around the nintendo directs during E3 at the earliest, if not after the game has hit japan.

capital - AE5 was one of the reasons i bought a 3ds.

So I bought the Monster Hunter 3DSXL with Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem and Kingdom Hearts 3D, as well as a free copy of Mario Bros 2 from Amazon. I've registered all of them and I have an option to pick a free game from the current promotion. I'm torn between Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (Which I've heard mixed things about, but enjoyed PKMD Blue and Explorers of Time) and Weegee's Mansion (Which I haven't played at all before), so to anyone who may have experience with these two titles, which one should I claim?

So some of you may follow fighting game streams, some of you may not. But the biggest fighting tournament in the world, Evo, takes place in no more than 2 weeks from now and fans gave $94k to charity for Super Smash Brothers Melee to be the charity fundraiser title at the event, and now Nintendo have gone and said that they will not allow it to be streamed.

Basically, the PR has gone stupid with this. fans saves up $94,000 to see this at the tournament, and now most of them won't ever get to see the matches live. After the stint with youtube videos, i shouldn't be surprised by this, but it's sickening to see. Nintendo need to get their act together, this is promotion for them even if the game is a decade old. It'd help get hype for Smash 3DS/WiiU, now though? not a chance. MLG had to can it as well, though the reason hasn't been mentioned, it's no doubt going to be similar circumstances.

this pisses me off, i love me a bit of old school fighting tournaments, and now i can't because nintendo don't like it? they've never butted in with it before, so why the heck now?

Double posting because events happen fast but nintendo did actually listen and have revoked the changes, and so smash bros melee will be streamed. http://shoryuken.com/2013/07/09/changes ... -schedule/ - in a way, them taking it down for even 2 hours was a blessing as it brought the fighting community together to basically force nintendo to overturn it. And turns out, Nintendo do listen to us. Good to know

Glad they reversed the decision. The last thing Nintendo need right now is even more bad PR, so it was a very short-sighted move.

I know the Steam sale just finished, but the Ys games are 66% off atm for midweek madness... go buy them if you haven't already, at least Oath in Felghana.

Good people who use twitter! Please spare a tweet for the #GiveYuTheShenmueLicense tweetathon. It takes place on the 3rd of every month, but there is no need to even commit this to memory, use the thuderclap which will store your tweet and automatically send it out on the 3rd! You can even use the pre written tweet provided if you so chose! Convenient. Sign up to the September 3rd tweetathon thuderclap here: https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/345 ... n-sept-3rd

Just to clarify, this is a campaign for Shenmue 3.

Ath said:
Gaaaah Bravely Default has been delayed to 2014 in Europe. I knew 2013 was too good to be true :(

Looks like Nintendo may have got it wrong. The Bravely Default twitter account apparently tweeted its still set for a 2013 release in Europe, so there is conflicting reports on the matter at present.

Source

Most excellent. My 3DS is going to be very well utilised this year.

Incidentally, Nintendo Direct tomorrow at 4pm. If you'll excuse me, I'm off to board the hype train.

Hype-Train-TRAVIS-1.png

Back