General Games Discussion

Ah awesome, will take a gander. Went to look in Game to see what they had but nada and Amazon is charging extortion. Looks like this is the best I'll get it, ta :)

Ni No Kuni, am I going to find it anywhere cheaper than on Amazon UK used or new?

Lost Planet 3, is that genuine 2 player like Lost Planet 2 is or can you only mutiplayer online please?

Just came back from two days at EGX. Wow, Oculus Rift is really cool!

Due to my WiiUAndMii obligations, I mainly focused on the Nintendo stuff. Must have played Splatoon 3-4 times, because it was so fun.

Joshawott said:

Due to my WiiUAndMii obligations, I mainly focused on the Nintendo stuff. Must have played Splatoon 3-4 times, because it was so fun.
So that covers what, all of Smash 4, Bayonetta 2 and Splatoon? I'm Sorry, had to. Splatoon looks alright but I can't see it really catching on.
Have you played any Smash 4 yet Josh (3ds or Wii U)? I'm interested to hear what you think about it. Personally I have very mixed thoughts based on the 3ds demo...

Last edited by a moderator:
Mangaranga said:
Joshawott said:

So that covers what, all of Smash 4, Bayonetta 2 and Splatoon? I'm Sorry, had to. Splatoon looks alright but I can't see it really catching on.
Have you played any Smash 4 yet Josh (3ds or Wii U)? I'm interested to hear what you think about it. Personally I have very mixed thoughts based on the 3ds demo...

I also played Yoshi's Woolly World (liked) and Kirby (very mixed on). They also had demos for stuff like Sonic Boom, Hyrule Warriors and various indie games.

I've played Super Smash Bros. for 3DS (many, many times) but have yet to play the Wii U version. Basically, to play the Wii U demo, you had to win a match on the 3DS one during a set time period (a fellow writer did qualify though. His thoughts should be up next week). Personally, I like them very much - although it is obvious that the 3DS version is pushing the console to its limit.

I did hate how the Smash Bros. 3DS demos were on the regular sized console though. It really needs to be played on an XL - for both size and comfort reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick question - I'm looking to pick up a few games for my 2DS to keep me occupied over the coming months and was wondering if there's anything that's a logical follow on to play after finishing Fire Emblem? I absolutely adored that game, and it completely sold me on the DS, so is there anything that offers similar levels of fulfillment RPG/strategy wise?

Lutga said:
Quick question - I'm looking to pick up a few games for my 2DS to keep me occupied over the coming months and was wondering if there's anything that's a logical follow on to play after finishing Fire Emblem? I absolutely adored that game, and it completely sold me on the DS, so is there anything that offers similar levels of fulfillment RPG/strategy wise?
Maybe Bravely Default? It's not a strategy RPG in the sense that Fire Emblem is (it plays like an old fashioned Final Fantasy game), but its job system and the Brave/Default mechanics do add a lot of strategy to the game.

Joshawott said:
Lutga said:
Maybe Bravely Default? It's not a strategy RPG in the sense that Fire Emblem is (it plays like an old fashioned Final Fantasy game), but its job system and the Brave/Default mechanics do add a lot of strategy to the game.

I've got Bravely Default already actually (sorry, probably should have put that in my original post) - and loved that too. I'm always looking out for stuff to nab on the DS, but it seems the Vita is more the go-to handheld for JRPGs these days?

I don't think there is an Advance Wars or Final Fantasy Tactics game on the 3DS though. Intelligent Systems are however, working on a new IP called Code Name S.T.E.A.M., which is a steampunk turn based strategy game where you fight Lovecraft-inspired monsters.

Oh my gosh I haven't played a game for quite some time. Think it might stick that way either until I take my DS into work to play on lunch although the boy's back at work next week anywho or until Borderlands The Pre-Sequel comes out.

Back