General Games Discussion

Rena Ryuugu said:
Gyauken Saiban 5 has just been announced :D

Oh this news makes me so excited! Any platform or even details been announced yet? (Although I assume it'll be 3DS as I guess they'll use some of the assets from LaytonXGyakuten...)

Max Takeshi said:
The CCP makes the machine more comfortable to hold, indeed. Playing Ridge Racer and Mario Kart gave me hand cramp.

It actually makes the 3DS a viable purchase for me, considering i'm left handed! I had attempted to play Kid Icarus at the EG Expo but found that I just couldn't do it that well. It's nice to hear that it feels good at least. It looks rather bulky, does it add much weight?

Max Takeshi said:
ilmaestro said:
I was just discussing that with Arby last night... how do you find using the "regular" R shoulder button when you have the CPP attached for non-CPP games?

As a matter of fact... it's a bit of a bind :lol: You have to sort of reach over and have your finger lingering over the button like some kind of button predator. It's not the best set-up for the situation - doable, oh most certainly, but it feels 'unusual'. Shame since the CCP really did feel like hand cramp was a thing of the past.

Some sort of firmware update to allow usage of the 'new' R button would be nice. If possible.
I am very interested in the CPP for that reason (I usually play my PSP inside a chunky HORI protective case), so it's a shame about the R button. Hopefully they provide that update, and don't just rely on people buying the new version of the console whenever that comes out!

MercenaryRaiden said:
Oh this news makes me so excited! Any platform or even details been announced yet? (Although I assume it'll be 3DS as I guess they'll use some of the assets from LaytonXGyakuten...)

No details yet about what platform it will be on. I'm kind of hoping it will be for the DS since I have yet to get a 3DS.

Max Takeshi said:
Rena Ryuugu said:
Gyauken Saiban 5 has just been announced :D

And Gyauken Saiban trilogy. In HD, no less.

Hopefully we wont miss out on 5 like we did AAI2.

Yep, I'm hoping it does get released over here :)

Beat me to it Rena. Yeah, Gyakuten Saiban 5(Ace Attorney 5) has been announced and is in development. Finally. I expected they'd wait until the next gen of handhelds to appear, and i was expecting a little something like this at the anniversary event today. Kinda clever they don't put a character in objection stance in the title though, means they haven't shown off who will be the main character yet:

AceAttorney5.jpg

Also. As a nice link to anime, did you notice that Prof Layton vs Gyakuten Saiban is getting the animated sections done by Bones? This pleases me greatly.

Arbalest said:
Beat me to it Rena. Yeah, Gyakuten Saiban 5(Ace Attorney 5) has been announced and is in development. Finally. I expected they'd wait until the next gen of handhelds to appear, and i was expecting a little something like this at the anniversary event today. Kinda clever they don't put a character in objection stance in the title though, means they haven't shown off who will be the main character yet:

Also. As a nice link to anime, did you notice that Prof Layton vs Gyakuten Saiban is getting the animated sections done by Bones? This pleases me greatly.

Yep :p

I noticed that about the title too, so the main character is going to be a mystery until they show who it is. Personally i'm hoping its going to be Apollo.

Rena Ryuugu said:
MercenaryRaiden said:

No details yet about what platform it will be on. I'm kind of hoping it will be for the DS since I have yet to get a 3DS.

I hope for the same, but I really doubt it :(

Arbalest said:
Kinda clever they don't put a character in objection stance in the title though, means they haven't shown off who will be the main character yet
I noticed that about the title too, so the main character is going to be a mystery until they show who it is. Personally i'm hoping its going to be Apollo.

Actually I had a quick look around the net and there's an interesting theory floating about. All of the games that star Phoenix Wright have had the main text blue on the logo, Apollo Justice had red and Edgeworth had purple; this one is clearly blue.

I wouldn't mind if they brought back Apollo. I don't think he was as strong a character as Phoenix, but Phoenix had three games to flesh him out. I wonder if having the perspective swap between Apollo and Phoenix would work or not...

imo, if you're bringing one of your biggest franchises to a new console, you bring out the big guns. Could be an ensemble, but I would be shocked if PW wasn't the "main" lead.

MercenaryRaiden said:
It looks rather bulky, does it add much weight?

It adds a little, which is noticeable, yes - but things are still comfortable. Weight wise it feels equal to an Atari Lynx or Sega Game Gear (if you've ever held one of those, for comparison).

I much prefer Edgeworth and Phoenix. Then again, I might grow to like Apollo if he had more games.

If it gets released here, it might make me buy a 3DS. (Assuming its a 3DS title, of course.) One of my favourite game series.

My inner Metal Gear fanboy wants to order Zavvi's £70 collectors edition of MGS HD remake collection. But I think I would end up slapping the **** out of myself as soon as the money leaves my account.....also there's the fact I don't even have a HD TV...

Yeah, I just want them to sell me the extras for like £35 so I don't have to buy the games again tbh. It is one of the nicest LEs I've seen recently though.

Yeah, and I like the fact it all comes in a big box making it feel like it's more than it actually is. I could actually do with all of the games though, and I never even got around to properly playing PW.

I caved and bought it, but I don't mind for 3 reasons:

1. I only paid like £12 for for 2 and 3 used, so I don't mind actually giving £26 to the devs for a job well done

2. I otherwise would never play Peace Walker so that alone is worth £26

3. I don't have the Substance/ Subsistence versions so that's a double bonus, not to mention I tried replaying 3 lately and the camera annoyed the hell out of me (plus I've always hated the pressure-sensitive buttons...)

Edit: Arrived! Lolling at the terrible quality control in the manual. The controls page for MGS 2 has phrases like "lefts tick" and "startbu tton"

They also have a definition of Stealth, though the title is missing the "th"

Yeah, the fact that it makes MGS3 subsistence accessible for people who don't want to spend 50 odd pounds on a years old second hand game, is a god-send.

I remember a while ago I saw two copies of subsistence in GAME going for £20 each. I bought them both and put them on ebay for £45 each, they both sold within about a day. I felt a little bit guilty about it, but it was too good an opportunity.

£45? I'd have considered that a bargain!

Most places I found when looking for a copy of Subsistence were asking for £90+.

Can't wait to grab a copy of the HD collection for Peace Walker and Subsistence.

Yeah, and to be honest that's actually a much more proper 'collection', one that is worthy of the franchise. The one we're getting now is a pretty lazy, higgledy-piggledy collection, made up of the Metal Gear games that were presumably the easiest to HDfy and everything else left out.

vashdaman said:
Yeah, and to be honest that's actually a much more proper 'collection', one that is worthy of the franchise. The one we're getting now is a pretty lazy, higgledy-piggledy collection, made up of the Metal Gear games that were presumably the easiest to HDfy and everything else left out.

Mmm, I'd have liked 4 to be included but I doubt that'll ever make it to 360. I have twin snakes so the lack of MGS1 doesn't bother me

Back