General Games Discussion

vashdaman said:
True, but I guess I just don't put anything past Capcom anymore (didn't they try that dogdy save thing in Mercenaries to reduce second hand sales?).

Yeah, you can't delete the data from your system if you where to do a system wipe. It's a stupid way of dealing with things, and they never explained as to why you couldn't either.

Arbalest said:
Some are saying it's 10 years after racoon city, placing it in 2008, but they say it's 10 years AND in 2013. Erm..contradictory much? Also, It's not ashley with "character x", it's apparently Sherry Birkin. So yeah.

Anyone notice Biowares latest attempt for sales? The figure sets they are releasing for Mass Effect come equipped with DLC codes for Mass Effect 3. All 8 figures, working out at about $139 in total for all 8, with DLC. most expensive DLC, yet some dumb fool is going to buy em. Apparently they have something similar for the multiplayer stuff too. It's a bit sad

Mmm, I'm hoping that's a mistake, 2008 is a poor choice, I think 2010 is more likely, 2013 would be fine too, but post-5 no matter what.

I saw that thing about Sherry, but I don't buy it, I mean the girl is the spit of Ashley and sounds almost identical, while Sherry would be neat, considering that the President of the US is involved, having his daughter there too makes a lot of sense.

I saw that thing about the ME figures too. That's easily the most money-grubbing thing anyone could do and it's not even subtle.

vashdaman said:
Personally, I am strictly enforcing a 'no buy DLC' rule for myself. I find the idea of paying for what should be included in the game to be ridiculous.

Admittedly I don't actually have my console set up to the internet, but even if I did I wouldn't.

I buy dlc to make a fun extension of the game. It's really no different from an expansion pack in many respects. Admittedly stuff like costumes and cheats are a bit rich to charge for, but I think extra characters/ scenarios can be worthwhile.

Skylanders just seems to be a modern re-imagining of the sort of thing that has been going on in the children's toy industry for decades.

They said it was Ashley for a while, but i thought about the premise for RE6 for a while and, unless they merge Leon and the third MCs storylines straight away, how would that work? Taking a second look too, as much as i'd like to say it could be ashley, the more i view, the less i believe it is. There's something off about her character, probably the fact that she's actually willing to help, and that jump they make near the end of their trailer segment, doubt she could do that, where-as Ashley was very much.....useless.

Arbalest said:
They said it was Ashley for a while, but i thought about the premise for RE6 for a while and, unless they merge Leon and the third MCs storylines straight away, how would that work? Taking a second look too, as much as i'd like to say it could be ashley, the more i view, the less i believe it is. There's something off about her character, probably the fact that she's actually willing to help, and that jump they make near the end of their trailer segment, doubt she could do that, where-as Ashley was very much.....useless.

Hmm, I guss Sherry does make sense, two infected characters on the run (doesn't Sherry have a dormant t-virus in her like Jill? Or am i getting confused with that child in Resident Evil Apocalypse...)... but she would still have some tie-in with Leon surely? He rescued her after all and ensured she was given protective custody.

edit: seems I had, Sherry was infected with G, not t.

Resi Revelations has been reviewed by Gamespot, it seems that it's pretty successful at blending classic RE sensibilities with the new control scheme. Ammo is scarce, exploration is aplenty and there are some puzzles again. Things are looking good =)

edit: Gargh! But Chris' partner has an equally stupid costume design to that Rachel woman. She has an entire leg of her wetsuit missing. WHY!? What POSSIBLE reason is there for having an entire leg missing? If they were going to do that I'd rather they got rid of both legs otherwise it just looks stupid >=C A wetsuit is not a long dress, you can't just cut it and show a bit of leg to make it seem sexier it just seems weird.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Resi Revelations has been reviewed by Gamespot, it seems that it's pretty successful at blending classic RE sensibilities with the new control scheme. Ammo is scarce, exploration is aplenty and there are some puzzles again. Things are looking good =)

edit: Gargh! But Chris' partner has an equally stupid costume design to that Rachel woman. She has an entire leg of her wetsuit missing. WHY!? What POSSIBLE reason is there for having an entire leg missing? If they were going to do that I'd rather they got rid of both legs otherwise it just looks stupid >=C A wetsuit is not a long dress, you can't just cut it and show a bit of leg to make it seem sexier it just seems weird.

Maybe it's a plot-point. Perhaps a zombie shark snagged a bit of the wetsuit.

Genkina Hito said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:

Maybe it's a plot-point. Perhaps a zombie shark snagged a bit of the wetsuit.

I had vaguely considered that, but it's a clean cut if it was... Also I'd be pretty disappointed in a shark that could bite off a whole suit leg while leaving the leg, boot and thigh holster 100% intact. Maybe it was corked :p

I'm a little miffed. I pre-ordered Revelations about 2 weeks back alongside the Circle Pad Pro, got my circle pad through today and then wondered why Revelations wasn't packed alongside it. Only then did i realise, GAME had told me they where Out of Stock, and i had to wait until next week. I raged.

So instead, i got the pad out, stuck it on, and got the demo up and running and gave this piece of kit a whirl. What i was surprised by was how comfortable it was to hold. I honestly expected it to be a bit too bulky for my liking, but it works out quite nicely. The shoulder buttons added are easy to reach, and they add in an extra R button since the one on the 3DS itself is now a little outta reach. Playing the game, i found it fairly simple to make use of, moving enough of the controls to the shoulder keys and leaving whatever else on the ABXY ones. I think i ended up saying on twitter i had only two issues with it(this was only after the demo of course), in that the circle pad was maybe a little to sensitive, but i'd need to get used to revelations first or try out other games even to say for sure, and that the need for a single AAA to get it running was a bit annoying But again, this was only really after a half an hour test-run, once i get more to play about with on it, i can judge it better.

The battery is kind of annoying, but since it is only powering the IR connection it should last hundreds of hours. From the sound of it though I will pick up a CPP once I get around to Revelations or one of the other games.

I've been somewhat drawn to the 3DS but I ain't going near it until the inevitable SP/Lite/i version with a built in analogue pad. I mean that's just obviously going to happen.

The CCP makes the machine more comfortable to hold, indeed. Playing Ridge Racer and Mario Kart gave me hand cramp.

Still, £30 for the Revelations and CCP bundle was a steal, especially as it looks like it will resolve that isssue.

I was just discussing that with Arby last night... how do you find using the "regular" R shoulder button when you have the CPP attached for non-CPP games?

ilmaestro said:
I was just discussing that with Arby last night... how do you find using the "regular" R shoulder button when you have the CPP attached for non-CPP games?

As a matter of fact... it's a bit of a bind :lol: You have to sort of reach over and have your finger lingering over the button like some kind of button predator. It's not the best set-up for the situation - doable, oh most certainly, but it feels 'unusual'. Shame since the CCP really did feel like hand cramp was a thing of the past.

Some sort of firmware update to allow usage of the 'new' R button would be nice. If possible.

Back