BlackWolf said:
Tachi- said:
BlackWolf said:
Tachi- said:
eggybob said:
Assassins creed
The orange box
£30 for both at game pre-owned.

i've found that game charge too much for preowned games, gamestation is usually cheaper :)

hail the stingy sods :lol:

Which is ironic considering they are both owned by the same company now

Game bought out electronic boutique :/ that place was brilliant IMO.

Yeah which was a shame, they used to have good prices :( Still where i live another game shop has sprung up which has got good prices on all games, so let's see how long it takes Game to buy them out :p

By any chance is it CEX (entertainment exchange)? they have really good offers in there on their anime (but the one we have mostly has paranoid agent and ninja scoll series) =/
there's no deathnote, witchblade or Bleach :(

Tachi- said:
By any chance is it CEX (entertainment exchange)? they have really good offers in there on their anime (but the one we have mostly has paranoid agent and ninja scoll series) =/

Nope...though if one of those shops decided to open up i wouldn't be complaining :p It's called Grainger Games and looks to be sort of a local chain of shops (well local to the north east anyway), seems to be intent on expanding further as well

BlackWolf said:
Tachi- said:

Nope...though if one of those shops decided to open up i wouldn't be complaining :p It's called Grainger Games and looks to be sort of a local chain of shops (well local to the north east anyway), seems to be intent on expanding further as well

Hopefully it comes down to the east coast :D
any cheap games and anime shops are welcome IMO

CitizenGeek said:
Just got Crisis Core in the post. Yay! The art book is awesome, too! :]

Have you played it yet? how is it? is the gameplay and graphics good? (sorry for the swarm of questions but it looks kinda good)

Tachi- said:
Have you played it yet? how is it? is the gameplay and graphics good? (sorry for the swarm of questions but it looks kinda good)

I just played the first hour and I'm very impressed. It looks amazing, the in-game graphics are fantastic, and the CG is typically amazing. I like the battling too; it's original and hasn't gotten boring yet at all. The music and voice acting are great, too! So far, so good! (But I was never not going to enjoy this game, anyway; it's FFVII! :p)

CitizenGeek said:
Tachi- said:

I just played the first hour and I'm very impressed. It looks amazing, the in-game graphics are fantastic, and the CG is typically amazing. I like the battling too; it's original and hasn't gotten boring yet at all. The music and voice acting are great, too! So far, so good! (But I was never not going to enjoy this game, anyway; it's FFVII! :p)

Just curious, but from where you are anyway, have you found it fairly easy? My brothers completed it and he says its good, but it felt way to easy.

On topic, i got Ninja Gaiden 2 back on friday, also ordered SSBB.

Arbalest said:
Just curious, but from where you are anyway, have you found it fairly easy? My brothers completed it and he says its good, but it felt way to easy.

He should probably use the "Hard" option, then? I selected "Normal", but I definitely wouldn't call it easy, even after just 3 hours. The optional missions can certainly get very tricky and the fight against Ifrit was satisfyingly challenging.

I was wandering around in Midgar sector 8 for about an hour and it was so much fun. I got to join Angeal, Sephiroth and Genesis fanclubs, too, which was awesome! (Also like the vaguel homoerotic undertones between Zack and Angeal; though I'm probably just imagining it, I wouldn't be surprised if they really were there, it's Final "Incredibly eager to get girls to play" Fantasy after all!)

My Crisis Core came earlier too. I was expecting the artbook to be a crappy glorified leaflet, but I wanted it anyway because it's FF VIII and I was nicely surprised. It looks quite decent.

I haven't actually opened the plastic yet...think I'll just stare at it for a bit. <3

CitizenGeek said:
Tachi- said:

CG, since you know like EVERYTHING about FF. I was tempted to get the PSP with this game, the special one in the fancy pack in game. Has it got anything special about it??
Is it worth getting this game??

Spyro201 said:
CG, since you know like EVERYTHING about FF. I was tempted to get the PSP with this game, the special one in the fancy pack in game. Has it got anything special about it??

I considered getting the PSP bundle, but I decided against it because I didn't like the silver colour :s

The PSP you get with that set is silver, like I said, and has the FFVII logo as well as Crisis Core art on the back. It's the exact same as the special PSPs Japan got for Crisis Core's release. Check out some photos of it here and here. You get a copy of the game with the bundle, but no art book.

I think it looks nice and all, but when I do upgrade to PSP Slim & Lite, I want to get a colour that's more to my taste.

And yes, the game is very much worth getting :p

He should probably use the "Hard" option, then? I selected "Normal", but I definitely wouldn't call it easy, even after just 3 hours. The optional missions can certainly get very tricky and the fight against Ifrit was satisfyingly challenging.

I know several people who've also played the game and complimented on how good it is, but were ever so slightly let down by how easy it was. I think it's generally just an easy game to complete.

CitizenGeek said:
Spyro201 said:

I considered getting the PSP bundle, but I decided against it because I didn't like the silver colour :s

The PSP you get with that set is silver, like I said, and has the FFVII logo as well as Crisis Core art on the back. It's the exact same as the special PSPs Japan got for Crisis Core's release. Check out some photos of it here and here. You get a copy of the game with the bundle, but no art book.

I think it looks nice and all, but when I do upgrade to PSP Slim & Lite, I want to get a colour that's more to my taste.

And yes, the game is very much worth getting :p

Thanks a tonne d00d. Gotta say imho it looks sweet. I dont mind the silver at all, wanted this game, and there are others on the PSP im after so I may just break my bundle of cash for this. £145 though...

Nearly finished downloading Song Summoner...even if it's tripe, at least it's only £3.99.

I think I might buy Wall-E soon.

New super mario bros

(disappointing)

I'm gonna trade this in tomorrow, any recommendations on good DS games, apart from the obvious like Zelda please).

eggybob said:
New super mario bros

(disappointing)

I'm gonna trade this in tomorrow, any recommendations on good DS games, apart from the obvious like Zelda please).

If you like Yu Gi Oh, then Spirit Caller.

Advance Wars, Phoenix Wright, JUMP! Ultimate Stars, Pokemon

Alternatively: Get an R4. Never pay for a DS game again.

Oh, my girlfriend says the new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game is good....

Back