Gaming Arrival Thread

Soul Calibur 4 is a good game, but the reviews are getting are saying it's "Great" and "Brilliant" mostly, I'd have to disagree, it's very good, but not that good. With that said I played a few random matches online, people spammed to win, badly and destroyed by precious Scheherazade, I was furious, people using ****** tactics? I expected more [What was I thinking on an online fighting game?] After that I came back and won more matches than I had lost. Hell yeah.

so i played some more SC4, and i have to agree with lupus Inu, its a good game, but not THAT good like various reviews say it is.
i tried out 2 online matches and i won both....awsome lol.
also, the character creation can get quite addictive sometimes.....
but for some reason my character only has half of the health bar...do i keep leveling up with my char to get the health bar to full?

Ninja Boy! said:
so i played some more SC4, and i have to agree with lupus Inu, its a good game, but not THAT good like various reviews say it is.
i tried out 2 online matches and i won both....awsome lol.
also, the character creation can get quite addictive sometimes.....
but for some reason my character only has half of the health bar...do i keep leveling up with my char to get the health bar to full?

Your character fails :lol:

Got Soul Calibur IV in the mail the day, only had a wee go on it but its certainly quite good, need to get a proper chance to have a go on it though. Seong Mi-na is the same though, so i didn't really have to get used to a new move set.

Yagami said:
I got a 360 today and soul caliber 4 with it - Trust me Xel, its AWESOME! ;D

XD I agree and I'm jealous of all of you with Yoda.
I went straight to online play after Story mode was a bit too easy (easier than SC3 I think)
I miss Chronicles of the Sword mode (mainly because my SC3 version won't save)
Character creation is pretty awesome too but I don't think I like how wearing certain things can dramatically affect your stats. Monocle = +HP
¬_¬
Also, if anyone plays against a character that looks like Afro Samurai on steroids, that's the character I made for my brother XD

BlackWolf said:
>>Xel<< said:
Yagami said:

Rumour has it that he'll appear as downloadable content in the near enough future (same as Darth Vader for 360 players)

Really?? Sweet! Does the 360 version have Apprentice by the way?Having all 3 would be pretty sweet.

>>Xel<< said:
BlackWolf said:
>>Xel<< said:
Yagami said:

Rumour has it that he'll appear as downloadable content in the near enough future (same as Darth Vader for 360 players)

Really?? Sweet! Does the 360 version have Apprentice by the way?Having all 3 would be pretty sweet.

Yup he's the only star wars character to be on both (nothing like a bit of promotion to hype the forthcoming game)

CitizenGeek said:
I got The Orange Box in town today for €20! That's an insanely good price - there are 5 super quality games in this set, including Half Life 2 (which I've never played). Awesome! :]

Yeah, it's pretty awesome. Wait till you try tf2 online with multiplayer! :D It's worth the £20 for that alone! Also, portal is really cool if you like puzzles.

Spyro201 said:
Aya-Kun said:
i brought today Infinite Undiscovery on the 360 and final fantasy iv on the ds

I was tempted by the former. Is it any good??

Ive only played it for about 3 hours and i must admit that it was quite easy to get lost took me a while to find where i had to go but other wise it seems a pretty good game i think the characters only thing i dont like is some of the voices shame that it didnt come with the japanese audio as well cause some times there mouth doesn't seem to be opening but there talking so thats only a little thing so not enought not to buy the game.

Not so much a game but still, picked up a N64 controller the day in town, the only problem with them is that the control stick always wore away quickly, my old ones weren't the greatest, still work at least though.
Also may as well mention here since its game-ish related, Got Black Mages I + II in the mail a day ago, got all three now, great bunch of tracks, still wonder which songs they could still work on.

Aya-Kun said:
Spyro201 said:
Aya-Kun said:
i brought today Infinite Undiscovery on the 360 and final fantasy iv on the ds

I was tempted by the former. Is it any good??

Ive only played it for about 3 hours and i must admit that it was quite easy to get lost took me a while to find where i had to go but other wise it seems a pretty good game i think the characters only thing i dont like is some of the voices shame that it didnt come with the japanese audio as well cause some times there mouth doesn't seem to be opening but there talking so thats only a little thing so not enought not to buy the game.

from what i've heard, i think i'll wait for Tales of Symphonia 2, Tales of Vesperia and FFXIII

Back