Gaming Arrival Thread

I recently got a new PC and the inevitable purchase of Bioshock happened as a result. Sure it's Cistern Shock 3, but it's very hard to complain for that reason.

Capcom vs SNK 2 and Shadow of Memories arrived yesterday. Both are PS2 games. Waiting on Psychonauts to arrive.
kupoartist said:
I recently got a new PC and the inevitable purchase of Bioshock happened as a result. Sure it's Cistern Shock 3, but it's very hard to complain for that reason.
Oh I could find plenty of reasons to complain about it without even mentioning System Shock 2. ;)

OK, not so much an arrival i guess, but i did just pre-order Persona 4 from the US, i'll be looking forward to this, what with Persona 3: FES being great, i'm expecting this to be just as good if not better..and personally i wouldn't mind seeing if they decide to do something similar to FES for 4 as well, mind you it all depends on how it ends i guess.

Only 4 days til Far Cry 2, i am drooling with anticipation, gonna head down to Game as soon as it opens monday morning to get my hands on a copy

I just ordered a copy of the Fallout Collection from Amazon's Marketplace. It was only 10 Euro and there's so much excitement surrounding the series with Fallout 3 being so anticipated. I'm really looking forward to playing Fallout 1 and 2, despite the fact that both games look very, very dated at this stage.

CitizenGeek said:
I'm really looking forward to playing Fallout 1 and 2, despite the fact that both games look very, very dated at this stage.
Never have I been so perplexed as to a game's godlike standing among certain people (note: Fallout series sales are WELL below 100,000 units. Having played the game is a badge of honour for the niche of the PC gaming niche, not an indication of actual quality. Fallout reviews were never anything more than quietly appreciative). I wrestled the clunky interface past tedious dialogue trees and uninspiring combat and gave up early on. For the price you can get them for, it's no huge waste of money (though you can get Fallout 1 for free on gametap), but these games are not anything to write home about. If you approach the games with less of an idea of the hype, you may find you get a better mileage out of them.

I was only looking at Play.com to see if there were any deals on for PC games at the moment and next thing I know.... I've bought "Dead Space" Including "Downfall" and pre-ordered "Left 4 Dead" and "COD:World at War". Nearly bought "Far-Cry 2" but my brother-in-Law has it and has nearlly completed it. I can borrow it when he's finished. Played a bit of it and was a little disappointed. My expectations were too high. Still an awesome game like. Yay!! Lots of new games!!
I couldn't help myself :p

It's weird to see you mercilessly bashing the original Fallout games in one post, and then commenting on how excited you are about Fallout 3 a few posts later, kupoartist :p

In any case, I have Fallout installed on my PC right now and I'm off to give it a whirl! :]

CitizenGeek said:
It's weird to see you mercilessly bashing the original Fallout games in one post, and then commenting on how excited you are about Fallout 3 a few posts later, kupoartist :p
Why? The games have only the name of the franchise in common. They're pretty different beasts.

CitizenGeek said:
I've been playing Fallout for the past 2 hours and while it's enjoyable, it is frustratingly difficult :/ I hope it gets easier as it goes on :]

You have tried turning the difficulty down, right?

Spyro201 said:
You have tried turning the difficulty down, right?

I just found all of those settings last night :] I also managed to speed the game up (which was very much needed) and speed battling up which is great, also. Now I think I'm going to enjoy this game all the more!

Bought "COD: World at War" on Saturday. Already completed the solo missions once over. Multiplayer is cool even if the solo missions are abit WWII samey same like.
"Left 4 Dead" arrived in the post yesterday!! OMG! Hardcore! Great game!

Need For Speed Underground is released tomorrow....... but i can't buy it as my car needs a Cam Belt and bloody christmas presents are draining my account

Back