Defective or Disappointing UK Anime Discs

Strange. Unfortunately not being a TV or gaming console owner it's the computer or nothing for me. It's just odd disk 2 on both work and disk 1 doesn't on both. No problems with any of the disks from the double pack on part 2 either or in fact any other blu-ray, it's just odd. The drive drive itself doesn't want to recognize either of the disk 1's as a blu-ray or in fact anything at all!

Has anyone else had a problem with the Steins Gate Zero Part 1 Double Play box set Blu Ray disk 1?

It just refuses to recognize the disk for me. I tried Corel WIN DVD and Leawo. I don't think it's my player as it's the only disk I have trouble with, Blu ray 2 plays fine.

I even bought a second copy of the same box set and it did exactly the same! It tries and tries to read over and over again until the program crashes but gets nowhere.

Has anyone else bought a copy and can confirm if it does or doesn't work for them? Both appear to be the same pressing with code MANB6106A VFE44052 on them, it's only the first Blu-ray that appears defective.

I had a very similar problem. Leaving the disk spinning for a few minutes seemed to solve the problem on my PC, though.

Hanners on Discord:

S8WzTGp.png

Yeah just read an email from them:
Good afternoon,

I hope all is well this Easter weekend.

You're receiving this email as you placed an order at our AllTheAnime.com online shop for the product Never-Ending Man: Hayao Miyazaki Blu-ray/DVD combi.

It's entirely possible by the time you're reading you have likely already received your order for this product, but we wanted to make you aware we have received some initial reports from customers of hardware being unable to read either or both of the Blu-ray and DVD discs included in this set due to a region coding issue. It appears the disc manufacturer has used an incorrect disc master, despite having provided us with advanced check discs that we ourselves tested and worked without issue.

@Jaysgba So region locked not geo-locked? So won't work on the PS4? At work so can't check, if it's turned up.

Check disc is Region 2. Just tried it in the only non multi-region player I have.

Yeah, as reviewer on this one our check disc was fine, although we only received the DVD and not the Blu-ray. Certainly an unfortunate situation which becomes difficult to rectify immediately with the current world situation.

How is the Rascal does not dreams of Bunny Girl CE? Did this release actually come without flaws that are fixed in the standard edition? :rolleyes:

How is the Rascal does not dreams of Bunny Girl CE? Did this release actually come without flaws that are fixed in the standard edition? :rolleyes:
I've heard nothing about any problems with the discs. Just Passing Through had reviewed the check discs, and reported no problems, so it's likely to be the same with the retail discs.

I did a quick test on those discs when I got the CE and I haven't noticed anything unusual, but I can't say for the entire content, as it was only a quick test.

Not exactly a defect, but it is a little bit misleading. I recently received Manga/Animatsu's BD/DVD Combo Pack release of "Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto" and noticed a discrepancy regarding the BBFC ratings. On the cover (all sides) and on the slipcase (also all sides), they have the 12 rating, but all 5 of the discs (2 BDs, 3 DVDs) have the 15 rating on them. I quickly checked the BBFC website and it was passed uncut with a 12 certificate, so the disc art has the wrong BBFC rating on them (the cover and slipcase are correct).

Back