Defective or Disappointing UK Anime Discs

WMD

Thousand Master
Has anyone else had a problem with the Steins Gate Zero Part 1 Double Play box set Blu Ray disk 1?

It just refuses to recognize the disk for me. I tried Corel WIN DVD and Leawo. I don't think it's my player as it's the only disk I have trouble with, Blu ray 2 plays fine.

I even bought a second copy of the same box set and it did exactly the same! It tries and tries to read over and over again until the program crashes but gets nowhere.

Has anyone else bought a copy and can confirm if it does or doesn't work for them? Both appear to be the same pressing with code MANB6106A VFE44052 on them, it's only the first Blu-ray that appears defective.
I got the version that came in the collectors box and was able to successfully watch it on my ps4 without any issues. Havent tried it on anything else.

Edit: the pressing codes are the same on mine.

bangle

Completely Average High School Student
Strange. Unfortunately not being a TV or gaming console owner it's the computer or nothing for me. It's just odd disk 2 on both work and disk 1 doesn't on both. No problems with any of the disks from the double pack on part 2 either or in fact any other blu-ray, it's just odd. The drive drive itself doesn't want to recognize either of the disk 1's as a blu-ray or in fact anything at all!

praseodimio65

Completely Average High School Student
Has anyone else had a problem with the Steins Gate Zero Part 1 Double Play box set Blu Ray disk 1?

It just refuses to recognize the disk for me. I tried Corel WIN DVD and Leawo. I don't think it's my player as it's the only disk I have trouble with, Blu ray 2 plays fine.

I even bought a second copy of the same box set and it did exactly the same! It tries and tries to read over and over again until the program crashes but gets nowhere.

Has anyone else bought a copy and can confirm if it does or doesn't work for them? Both appear to be the same pressing with code MANB6106A VFE44052 on them, it's only the first Blu-ray that appears defective.
I had a very similar problem. Leaving the disk spinning for a few minutes seemed to solve the problem on my PC, though.