Beez Entertainment Discussion

I'm thinking the dub plan has been quietly shelved. Actually, was it ever official in the first place? Andrew was the only Beez source to mention it, and he's no longer there.

animefreak17 said:
its a long shot but il try it.
if the beez guys are reading this
please tell me you can release
card captor sakura series and movies

Haha! No.
CCS failed in the US (yes, there were extenuating circumstances but a failure is a faulire) and Cardcaptors failed here (Contender never completed the series on VHS, then released even less of it on DVD and in the most low budget way possible). The CCS movie did have a decent (albeit dub-only) DVD release here with nice packaging and really good menus (although the French music videos were a bit odd).

Shiroi Hane said:
animefreak17 said:
its a long shot but il try it.
if the beez guys are reading this
please tell me you can release
card captor sakura series and movies

Haha! No.
CCS failed in the US (yes, there were extenuating circumstances but a failure is a faulire) and Cardcaptors failed here (Contender never completed the series on VHS, then released even less of it on DVD and in the most low budget way possible). The CCS movie did have a decent (albeit dub-only) DVD release here with nice packaging and really good menus (although the French music videos were a bit odd).
I's probably the biggest title still wanted for licence rescue in the USA.

The main issue is lack of dub, rather than it not selling to well. Sales weren't that bad, and would have been fine were it not for production issues.

Cardcaptors like dubbed Sailor Moon failed here and in the USA. The sub-only for both series sold more.

animefreak17 said:
be nice if i had a chance of getting Sailor Moon and Cardcaptors
i dont know why but i like girly animes like theses

Its the cuteness that does it for me, especially with CCS! I bought the Geneon boxsets a few years ago because I knew the basterised american version was aimed at pokemon fans to include action over the more romantic elements in the show. In a way they had to cut alot out of the japanese version as it deals with a fairly complex narrative for western kids to understand, aswell as implied homosexuality...

afoia said:
Its the cuteness that does it for me, especially with CCS! I bought the Geneon boxsets a few years ago because I knew the basterised american version was aimed at pokemon fans to include action over the more romantic elements in the show. In a way they had to cut alot out of the japanese version as it deals with a fairly complex narrative for western kids to understand, aswell as implied homosexuality...
Implied, lol.
Touya/Yukito is cannon (even in the anime) and Tomoyo is openely lesbian in the manga.
Then there's all the shoutacon and borderline incest.

They tried to cut a shoujo show into a shounen one, it failed terribly. The Japanese one is aimed at like 10 year olds, there's a reason it keeps having to re-explain the setting at regular intervals.

I was talking to a friend of mine lastnight and he was gutted about not being able to buy the series across here so i figured i'd ask here why its never been licensed across here.

Have they set unrealistic prices for the license or something?

Paradox295 said:
VivisQueen said:
Forgive me if this is old news, but Beez, why the is Cowboy Bebop Remix not available? Any chance of that coming back into stock, please?
Ughr, I asked them ages ago (Jan/Feb I think), and they said look for a reprint soon.

Since then, no sign of it at all.

Also, what's happening with the Durarara boxset w/ dub? I didn't hear any news from expo about it.

Sorry folks been travelling a lot.

Bebop - I am chasing, I expect AL set before London Expo October but we'll see.

DRR I'm pressing for but there'll be a dubbed boxset by next year I believe. It's definitely happening anyway, with assets out there it would be a bad move not to do so.

fabricatedlunatic said:
I'm thinking the dub plan has been quietly shelved. Actually, was it ever official in the first place? Andrew was the only Beez source to mention it, and he's no longer there.

Still happening, just being planned out now. Won't got to Anime Legends immediately either - will instead get a nicer release with dub first - different to the US release too.

Andrew

Back