Beez Entertainment Discussion

Well, even if it didn't, I doubt it helped matters, I remember them saying how even though they insured, the losses couldnt be fully recouped.
It sounds like Bandai has been considering some changes for a while to restructure as they have, but the arson may well have attributed to Beez themselves going now.

Tekken Blood Vengeance is a Namco Bandai product. Released in the US by Bandai Ent, to be released in Europe by Kaze (in the UK by Manga).

Bandai Entertainment and Beez may no longer be viable, but Namco Bandai Holdings in Japan still is, they're still making product, and will probably continue selling Gundam Unicorn inflated stuff directly to the world at insane prices, while those titles that aren't so saleable may still be licensed and released by whatever companies survive this current purge.

So there will be stuff to boycott if you want to. You'll just have to spend a few hours researching online where it comes from before you can.

I just noticed on twitter that Beez have said Code Geass R2 - Anime Legends wont be out this week. But it did sound like there were still plans to release it

I'm super chuffed this morning. I just checked my email to find that anime on line have actually managed to get a copy of Planetes from somewhere and send it to me, I ordered almost ten days ago and was starting to lose all hope. It was saying out of stock everywhere and the places that said they had it cancelled my orders after I placed them.

After all this hassle I hope its good...

ilmaestro said:
So how do we reckon Gundam AGE will be released in the UK? (Or the US, for that matter)
Interesting question. As it's geared more towards children, I doubt Sunrise would want to do a "Super Expensive Japanese release that has English subs that you will be forced to import" deal.

I can really imagine FUNimation wanting a slice of the Gundam cake though...so Manga?

I can't see it being a sub-only LE any time soon (and I'm not sure I'd buy it if it was unless it was cheap, as I was originally hoping for an Anime Legends arrangement). I'm guessing either Viz will jump on it and try to get it on TV, or Sentai will pick it up as they seem to have infinite capacity for that kind of thing against all logic. My preference would be for the latter.

Then Manga UK will bring it here without even watching it themselves first, probably overpaying in their excitement at finally getting in on this hip Gundam thing. They'll market it as hard sci-fi towards older people who aren't into anime, then there will be months of bitter tears on Twitter to look forward to when it doesn't sell. I'm thinking it will end up like Tetsujin 28 in the UK unless they do a good job and it finds its market.

Would be kind of cool if they do it right and it actually gets on TV though. I can see it being the kind of thing that would get some new youngsters into the world of anime over here.

R

ilmaestro said:
So how do we reckon Gundam AGE will be released in the UK? (Or the US, for that matter)
Compelling (and entertaining) as Rui's scenario is, I'd be prepared to bet that the answer is "it won't be". If Beez were never even prepared to chance releasing Zeta in the UK (arguably the most popular Gundam before 00 came along) I don't think there's much hope for AGE. I'm not convinced any of the players in the US will even be willing to pay the kind of licensing fee Bandai will undoubtedly demand for something with the word "Gundam" in the title. Especially given what's going on with Unicorn.

Hehe, I think Viz is a definite possibility, just so they could refuse to release it on DVD and do it as a streaming/iTunes show only. They're really good at releasing things in the most annoying ways possible, and they could afford to pick it up since they have so many successful shows already. Cheap sets from Sentai would be so nice though...

Is Zeta really second most popular? I'd have thought both Seed and, to some extent, Wing were more well received nowadays in the west. If anything I'd assumed it was more like Seed first, then Wing or 00, then the better older series and G Gundam. I thought Zeta had done badly since we never got to see ZZ at all. Everyone seems to have seen Seed and 00 but anything earlier than Wing seems to have a huge and unfair stigma attached to it by virtue of looking 'old'.

If I hadn't already been into anime and had caught something like AGE on television as a teenager, I'd probably have become a raving fangirl overnight.

R

Is Zeta really second most popular? I'd have thought both Seed and, to some extent, Wing were more well received nowadays in the west. If anything I'd assumed it was more like Seed first, then Wing or 00, then the better older series and G Gundam. I thought Zeta had done badly since we never got to see ZZ at all. Everyone seems to have seen Seed and 00 but anything earlier than Wing seems to have a huge and unfair stigma attached to it by virtue of looking 'old'.
Hmm. Perhaps I'm going more off the views of Gundam afictionados than anime fans in general, where Seed tends to be thought of as a poor man's replacement for the older UC series'. It would make sense I suppose, given that the UK did get both Seed and Wing. ZZ however is not well liked, except by me.

Corra said:
I'm super chuffed this morning. I just checked my email to find that anime on line have actually managed to get a copy of Planetes from somewhere and send it to me, I ordered almost ten days ago and was starting to lose all hope. It was saying out of stock everywhere and the places that said they had it cancelled my orders after I placed them.

I think the lack of supplies of Beez's Anime Legends sets is only temporary. It's too strange that all the recent sets went out of stock in these few days, especially if we consider releases like Planetes, Gurren Lagann and Cowboy Bebop. It's almost impossible that suddenly hundreds of anime fans appeared from nowhere to buy "old" releases like Planetes and Gurren Lagann. It's almost impossible that Beez did really small print runs (about 200-300 copies) of Cowboy Bebop (the only reason why it could have gone sold out in so few time), it would be totally anti-economic for them and they had better to null the release (or postpone it undefinetely).
It seems much more likely that online vendors went out of stock and Beez is not sending them new packages. Beez had a drastic reduction of personnel, so it's likely the few remaining people (maybe only one?) are trying to fix all the mess and find a way to come back on business with the few resources they have. So I suppose that once they'll find a way to get back on track, then their releases will come back available on the various vendors.

Corra said:
After all this hassle I hope its good...

I think it's well worth the price and you won't be disappointed.

Teo

AGE would undoubtedly do better over here than Zeta, or maybe any other non-Wing series imo. I like the idea of Viz going for it, now that you've got me thinking about it.

reborn said:
Yrag86 said:
I just noticed on twitter that Beez have said Code Geass R2 - Anime Legends wont be out this week. But it did sound like there were still plans to release it
Probably a typo but according to HMV, it's release date is next year.
http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDet ... sku=458092

Probably means they don't have a firm release date (companies often put a date like this down when they don't know the release date).

hink the lack of supplies of Beez's Anime Legends sets is only temporary. It's too strange that all the recent sets went out of stock in these few days, especially if we consider releases like Planetes, Gurren Lagann and Cowboy Bebop.

See the logical part of my brain wants this to be true and thinks this is probably what will happen.

The panicky irrational side says 'what if they don't come back?'.

I've putting of buying stuff the back half of last year because I lacked funds and was working through my backlog, now I have monies I am just in panic buy mode just in case.

I'm just catching up on the news, so does this mean I'll have to order the Gundam 00 Season 2 AL set from the US? Same goes with the movie.

If so I might have to put some money together and get those two along with the original Gundam series AL sets to save on shipping.

ColdCobra said:
I'm just catching up on the news, so does this mean I'll have to order the Gundam 00 Season 2 AL set from the US? Same goes with the movie.

Well, if Code Geass R2 on Anime Legends isn't going to happen, you can bet that those won't either.

Well if it helps anyone, Bandai's blu-ray of Gundam 00 the Movie: A wakening of a Trailblazer is Region A/B, so it will work on English players.

Back