Beez Entertainment Discussion

It's the same kind of initial release other recent shows have had (like Gundam 00 and Code Geass). I'm sure a box set will eventually surface. Because Beez are much smaller and sell fewer copies of everything, they seem to be doing these 'singles' still for longer shows rather than going straight to priced down box set.

The packaging is their usual digipack style and quite nice.

R

VivisQueen said:
Just a great thanks to Beez for bringing back Cowboy Bebop, effectively righting a massive wrong in the British market.
Seems like the curse of Bebop rang true as it happened though (Whenever Bebop is released in the UK, whoever released it will keel over within a year of doing so)

not sure if this has already been announced but will durarara come out in a boxset or it will stick to single dvds? :? The dvds are too expensive right now.

Considering everything with Bandai Entertainment and Beez right now, I would more than likely think that plans for the boxset have been cancelled.

meh thank i have to wait for the dvds to get cheaper. Anyway, the show was nice int he begging and then i felt that went a lil bit down with the time.

I was going to be grown up this year and ask my bf for something nice and pretty for my birthday next month. I'm just going to have to give in to my inner nerd and ask for anime. I got to collect the last few anime legend sets that I haven't got before they get hard to find.

27 is really to old to ask for cartoons for your birthday :)

Call me stupid but im started to think that the anime legends collection of Code Geass R2 has been cancelled. I noticed a couple of weeks ago it had magically disappeared from play.com and i reordered from amazon and just received a email saying that they couldnt get the stock from there supplier.
So yeah any confirmation that its been cancelled?

Yrag86 said:
Call me stupid but im started to think that the anime legends collection of Code Geass R2 has been cancelled. I noticed a couple of weeks ago it had magically disappeared from play.com and i reordered from amazon and just received a email saying that they couldnt get the stock from there supplier.

Well...Beez had said they would release all currently scheduled titles I thought, but since it's a re-release I dunno if that's included.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Yrag86 said:

Well...Beez had said they would release all currently scheduled titles I thought, but since it's a re-release I dunno if that's included.

Ive tried preordering it from HMV, just have to wait and see if i get it. Looking on the net i cant see anything that suggests its been cancelled. Everywheres saying anything that was planned to be released before the end of Jan is still be released.

If worst comes to worst we can always import the Bandai US version, which I believe is still scheduled for early February. I'm not the biggest Code Geass fan, though, and that's why I'm hoping the super-cheap Beez release sees the light of day.

Yrag86 said:
If I recall (ANN is down :(), Beez had confirmed earlier this month that it was still going ahead.

I just received an email from Amazon telling me that my pre-order of the box set has been cancelled, and that the supplier has told them the item is now no longer available.

Now, HOPEFULLY, if Beez have confirmed that the box set will go ahead, this may be a blip.

If not...

Well, it'll be the last time I touch anything with the Bandai brand on it. No joke.

I do believe some kind of statement from Beez would be most helpful at this point.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
HdE said:
If not...

Well, it'll be the last time I touch anything with the Bandai brand on it. No joke.

No offence, but that's not much of a threat considering they're going down the tubes anyway :p

Huh - bizarre - I could have sworn I replied to this earlier, and yet I don't see the message I posted.

Well, I'll expand a bit:

As I understand it, Bandai aren't 'going down the tubes'. They're re-organising. So they'll still be around. But they're not producing anything themselves in the West as of now.

Personally, I'm not particularly thrilled at the way Bandai are doing things.

Again, as I understand things (which could be wrong, but I'm going from what I've read online) certain releases that were slated for early February release in the United States such as the second volumes of Mobile Suit Gundam on Anime Legends and Star Driver are still going ahead. I believe Code Geass R2 is also slated for a complete set release on the same date, according to Amazon.com.

Weren't we also led to believe that Code Geass R2 would be going ahead over here as well? It seems only reasonable to expect that if Bandai Entertainment can tie up their releases over the pond in a satisfactory fashion.

Weren't we also told to expect a statement from Beez at some point?

Bottom line is, I have the first Geass box set here on my shelf, as well as the first of the MSG R1 sets. If I'm left with two incomplete halves of these shows, I'll not be happy. As a consumer, I'll feel I've wasted my money. THAT'S why I'll be reluctant to hand over my money to Bandai in future, whether they're putting their goods out themselves or licensing them to other distros.

Sure, there's ways I could pick up the rest of those shows. But they're financially prohibitive. I am not going to import that stuff from Japan, and I never will pay those kinds of prices.

Some of us were waiting for those box sets to appear because it was our first chance to see or own those shows. So I feel a little frustration is understandable if they don't materialise.

There's not a lot of things that really rattle my cage - but this sort of thing does it every time, guaranteed.

I have MSG v2 already. It's less than a metre from my hand, so I wouldn't worry about that. Bandai USA have tied everything up properly.

Geass R2 was released in full in the UK (again, I have it right here), so the worst than Beez has done is forced you to get a non-matching season two, surely? ^^;

Some companies force people to do that even without losing all of their stock in a warehouse arson attack and then winding down abruptly!

R

Rui said:
I have MSG v2 already. It's less than a metre from my hand, so I wouldn't worry about that. Bandai USA have tied everything up properly.

Thanks for confirmation on that (I thought it wasn't due until early February!)

Rui said:
Geass R2 was released in full in the UK (again, I have it right here), so the worst than Beez has done is forced you to get a non-matching season two, surely? ^^;

Aha! I was waiting for that! :wink:

The thing is, if I'm completely honest, I don't feel personally appeased by that. Have you seen the prices the R2 single volumes go for? The first of the single volumes alone goes for more than the AL set would have!

Also, I don't believe as yet that a US box set for Code Geass R2 has been absolutely confirmed. Last I checked (which, to be fair, is a while ago) it was still something fans were waiting on Stateside.

But the point is - if the show has had a release here already, WHAT is the problem with repackaging it for the UK Anime Legends line? That's certainly going to be a cheaper way to obtain the show, especially for those of us who were waiting on it.

Not wanting to sound like a grumpy old Englishman here, but to be honest, from where I stand, there's no good or appreciable reason for that release not to go ahead. Perhaps I'm missing something, but I think some clarification or explanation would go a long way.

HdE said:
The thing is, if I'm completely honest, I don't feel personally appeased by that. Have you seen the prices the R2 single volumes go for? The first of the single volumes alone goes for more than the AL set would have!

Well, I bought them both on release, so I know how much they cost ^^; and the combined going price on Amazon UK right now is actually less than I paid. With Find DVD it looks like you can get both for £30 combined if you're quick.

I think their entire company having been wound down and a bunch of job losses presumably having taken place, taking the time to put together packaging, artwork and chasing the distribution chain for a new release which will probably ultimately make them very little over the existing one at this point is probably not practical. I'm sure if they could tell us what was going on, they would.

R

Back