Beez Entertainment Discussion

So I just got paid yesterday and went to have a look for something to buy. Most of the Beez stuff on amazon is either listed as 'dispatch in 1 - 2 months' or ' only x left in stock!'. Things look like they will be hard to get for a while

Same for me :( After months of trying to decide what to get, I finally decide "screw it I'll just have a spending spree" and the things are out of stock. Hoping to pick up some of the anime legends boxsets when they come back in stock, as they're a good deal

Play.com still have some Anime Legends sets in stock. I know this because I'm currently procrastinating over Code Geass (bought the first half previously and wasn't all that keen).

I'd grab in stock versions of any older Beez stuff you need even if you have to change shops, because on backorder means it's only ever going to reappear if they decide to do another print run. From what Andrew was saying at Ayacon (according to reports), series which aren't seen as having much sales potential left in them aren't getting reprinted any time soon. Having seen the price tags some inexplicably popular out of print anime can end up with later on, it's best to pounce sooner rather than later!

fabricatedlunatic said:
Play.com still have some Anime Legends sets in stock. I know this because I'm currently procrastinating over Code Geass (bought the first half previously and wasn't all that keen).

I liked the second half a lot more, as it was a lot dumber. The first season tried to play it cool but it wasn't intelligent enough to fully achieve what it was going for (IMO), whereas the second was just camp ridiculousness most of the time.

Also, Lloyd <3

R

Oh, when I say the "first half" I mean the first 13 episodes of the first series. I didn't like it that much but for £18 I figure I may as well watch the rest of it and set myself up for R2, which I have a sneaking suspicion I'll like more...

The Time Traveller said:
A UK Anime Legends release of Gundam would be awesome, I wonder why we've never gotten that in the first place, it's a freaking classic.
The USA is only getting it this year.

It didn't sell very well before and was dub only (due to Tomino messing with it)

Similar bulshit to why we don't have the GitS BD, only the ****** 2.0 version.

Reaper gI said:
The Time Traveller said:
A UK Anime Legends release of Gundam would be awesome, I wonder why we've never gotten that in the first place, it's a freaking classic.
The USA is only getting it this year.

It didn't sell very well before and was dub only (due to Tomino messing with it)

Similar bulshit to why we don't have the GitS BD, only the ****** 2.0 version.

We do have the original GitS. It's available as an option on the 2.0 disc.

Any news on Big O series 2. I'm sure I can remember something about it being out late 2011, but nothing has appeared. I cant remember anything about it being dropped either.

Any updates?

britguy said:
Can anyone confirm what the packaging for "House of Five Leaves" is like?

Cheers.

It's a single digipack, just like the Code Geass release. The paper information sheet is separate and there are three DVDs inside.

R

Just to clarify, were there any issues with the subtitles on House of Five Leaves? I'm thinking specifically of Durarara (of course), where a character's dialogue subtitle would disappear before they'd finished speaking if another character spoke over them or there was a sign translation on screen. I've given Beez the benefit of the doubt and pre-ordered The Tatami Galaxy (which may well be posted next week, yay) and won't be best pleased if it has that same issue!

I haven't noticed any issues (other than PAL speedup, grr), but I'm only six episodes in due to Spice and Wolf 2 >_>;

R

I've been wondering for a while, and after quickly checking back through the last few pages I haven't seen it mentioned.

What's up with the release of "The Girl Who Leapt Through Space"? To the best of my knowledge it didn't seemed all that much of a hit (I certainly recall very little mention of it back in 2009) yet it's currently in three sets which would have a combined cost of £61.97 at current amazon prices. Wiki (and running times) suggest it is a 26 episode show, so is it in super-duper packaging? Have a lot of special features?

This isn't meant to be a bitchfest, I've just been curious about its release method for some time now especially having watched prices drop over the last few years. I also hope for a more affordable boxset at some point, as it seems the kind of show I might blind buy try for £25-30 :)

Back