Beez Entertainment Discussion

I vaguely recall the term "Mangle" being thrown about by a particular user, which seemed to annoy the Manga rep.

While I agree that fans shouldn't resort to insults, there is a distinction between bile spitting and voicing legitimate complaints in a reasonable way. Anime distributors are businesses, not charities, and few resources doesn't excuse some of the basic errors that are made (which, I should point out, are much rarer now than they used to be).

fabricatedlunatic said:
I vaguely recall the term "Mangle" being thrown about by a particular user, which seemed to annoy the Manga rep.

While I agree that fans shouldn't resort to insults, there is a distinction between bile spitting and voicing legitimate complaints in a reasonable way. Anime distributors are businesses, not charities, and few resources doesn't excuse some of the basic errors that are made (which, I should point out, are much rarer now than they used to be).

kaneklapqo6.gif

Jaymii said:
We were close to getting Jerome or someone on here at some stage, even had a thread but there was a pretty big Manga backlash at the time. This place isn't nice to the company.
Bah. Imagine if politicians refused to talk to newspapers who said negative things about them. Manga need thicker skin. They have an audience here... if they're jeering, why not try to win them round instead of storming off stage?

ayase said:
Jaymii said:
We were close to getting Jerome or someone on here at some stage, even had a thread but there was a pretty big Manga backlash at the time. This place isn't nice to the company.
Bah. Imagine if politicians refused to talk to newspapers who said negative things about them. Manga need thicker skin. They have an audience here... if they're jeering, why not try to win them round instead of storming off stage?

indeed, that's the reason he appears on UKA so much, cause they dare not speak a word out against Manga.

i prefer the freedom of speech here

Ryo Chan said:
ayase said:
Jaymii said:

indeed, that's the reason he appears on UKA so much, cause they dare not speak a word out against Manga.

row row fight the powah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

animefreak17 said:
Ryo Chan said:
ayase said:
Jaymii said:

power? MangaUK is about as powerful as Britians Economical Recovery :D

Ryo Chan said:
animefreak17 said:
Ryo Chan said:
ayase said:
Jaymii said:

power? MangaUK is about as powerful as Britians Economical Recovery :D

HA HA HA! Satire.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Anime distributors are businesses, not charities, and few resources doesn't excuse some of the basic errors that are made (which, I should point out, are much rarer now than they used to be).
Whilst very true, they are not a business that provides an essential service, or some kind of abstract product - they need support from the fans not just to continue to have a successful business, but to be able to provide something that the fans (in theory) want, and wouldn't get otherwise. Whether they do it out of the goodness of their hearts or otherwise, it has to be something of a two-way street.

They need support, but they also need to put out a product that is fit for consumers. If there are errors, they should not be above criticism, just because they put out a product for a niche market. Support, yes. Blind support, no. Support, and their business success, is built with good product. If standards drop, so will support and their success.

Hi Andrew

When you get a chance could you possibly check with Beez on whats happened to Gundam 00 Season 2 Part 3? I've enquired on Twitter, and they stated that their had been production issues, but no news since? It's now 6 weels late on release? Cheers! :)

I keep forgetting! Where do I get those Scanavo cases used for the Anime Legends cases? When I recieved my Gurren Lagann Anime Legends set the hinge was broken.

As I wait impatiently for my Sound of the Sky DVD to arrive (every day it doesn't, my hatred for the Royal Mail increases ten-fold), I've been researching the DVD online (I know, I'm some kind of masocist...)

One thing I'm rather curious about is how the run-time of Nozomi's US release is put at around 355 minutes (so almost 6 hours), whereas the UK run-time is said to be approximately 5 hours (so 300 minutes). This has made me wonder...does the UK release contain the two OVAs? And if not, are there any plans to release them?

Andrew is there any word at all about some sort of art box for Durarara!!? The current packaging was a really bad choice with out one. It does not work on a bookshelf. I have had to leave my sets still in their plastic wrapper just so they fit in with the rest of my DVD's. Thanks for your help.

Joshawott said:
As I wait impatiently for my Sound of the Sky DVD to arrive (every day it doesn't, my hatred for the Royal Mail increases ten-fold), I've been researching the DVD online (I know, I'm some kind of masocist...)

One thing I'm rather curious about is how the run-time of Nozomi's US release is put at around 355 minutes (so almost 6 hours), whereas the UK run-time is said to be approximately 5 hours (so 300 minutes). This has made me wonder...does the UK release contain the two OVAs? And if not, are there any plans to release them?

The US release does have an alternate version of episode 1 in its extras...

Anyway, I've got the run times for all fourteen episodes on the Nozomi set, and they come to 345 minutes (90 seconds at the end of each disc is given over to a translated English language credit scroll, so subtract six minutes leaves 339 minutes. That should be the runtime if the UK discs have NTSC-PAL conversions. Assuming that these are native PAL transfers though, the UK disc runtime should be 325.44 minutes for all 12 series episodes plus the two bonus episodes. 300 is probably a typo.

Just Passing Through said:
Joshawott said:

The US release does have an alternate version of episode 1 in its extras...

Anyway, I've got the run times for all fourteen episodes on the Nozomi set, and they come to 345 minutes (90 seconds at the end of each disc is given over to a translated English language credit scroll, so subtract six minutes leaves 339 minutes. That should be the runtime if the UK discs have NTSC-PAL conversions. Assuming that these are native PAL transfers though, the UK disc runtime should be 325.44 minutes for all 12 series episodes plus the two bonus episodes. 300 is probably a typo.

Looking at the back of the beez sots set now.

It says complete series: 12 eps + 2 OVAs 310min

Awesome, thanks guys. It was making my head spin (especially considering how Nozomi have an artbox and a booklet too >>); if it didn't have the OVAs I would have gone crazy xD

Back