Beez Entertainment Discussion

HellCat said:
Just a few Gundam questions.
1. Asking this one again. Last weekend, a one off screening of Gundam 00 A wakening of the Trailblazer was shown in New York. Is there any likelyhood of such a screening in the UK?

I'd not discard it as a possibility for the future for fans of 00 :). Scotland Loves Anime has its eyes on it certainly anyway I believe...

HellCat said:
2. Any word on Gundam Unicorn Volume 2?

It's on the PSN UK just now and should be up on XBox Live shortly!

HellCat said:
3. Is beez likely to release the 2 episode standard DVD sets for Unicorn BEI mentioned this past weekend?

Yes, it's likely :). We were awaiting confirmation on if it's OK to follow BEI's lead when I left so I can't confirm it though I am afraid (I'll ask though for confirmation).

Andrew

Rogue257 said:
Andrew, if you're still at Beez when you read this - how come the second AL boxset of Gundam SEED is out of stock on nearly every site i go on? They got the first on Amazon for about £15, as well as both the SEED Destiny boxsets for about the same price, but i can't find the second SEED boxset on any site except HMV, and on there it's about £22

Does the boxset need another print run or something?

As Stuart said - it's just out of print for now, a re-print will be in end of next week last I heard from the warehouse.

Andrew

Mohawk52 said:
Happy trails Andrew, and thanks for all the fish. :wink:

Pleasure ;)! I'm actually still going to be about just with a kaze_andrew tag instead as we get everything spooled up - though it'll be more on a merchandise + CD note at first as Manga distribute our DVDs for us (I'll still mention what we have coming though) :).

Andrew

Just Passing Through said:
Noticed that the RRP for Durarara! is wavering. Anime On Line has V1 at £24.99 as before, discounted to £18.74.

This did have better discounts at Play and HMV around £15, but now Play has its Durarara volumes 1 and 2 at £27.99, discounted to £17.99

HMV's RRP is £34.99. again discounted to £17.99

The Hut family still have it RRPing at £24.99

That's strange, we've not altered the RRP at all (or I certainly didn't) so I'm not sure what's happening there...

beez_andrew said:
Outlaw Star will be 2011 currently due to a problem with masters we were sent. It's being actively worked on though and Beez are keen to see it released ^^.

This news makes HdE happy!

Good to know you'll be sticking around here, Andrew. I'd like to take the opportunity up front to wish you all the best in your ventures with Kaze.

I need to find out who's taking over your duties at Beez so I can bug the hell out of them for Angel Links once we've got Outlaw Star!

(that's us anime fans - we're NEVER satisfied!) :wink:

Here's a question for Andrew as well as anyone else who can answer it, regarding Kaze - i've had a look at their site and licenses and they just seem to distribute Viz Media's stuff in France - my question is, what do they have to contribute to the UK market? All their licenses seem to be sub-licensed from Viz, even though they've started releasing Vampire Knight here that it still something they just got from Viz, so what exactly can Kaze give to us that Manga can't?

Actually, Kaze had Vampire Knight before Viz, they had released both it and its sequel Guilty by last Winter, Viz is just finishing releasing Vampire Knight now, and they haven't even scheduled Guilty yet for DVD release. Although since Viz bought out Kaze it's one big happy family.

Manga got Vampire Knight via Kaze for the convenient PAL transfers, but still had to wait for Viz to dub it.

We also got Professor Layton through Kaze, and that's yet to be released in the US.

Where it helps the UK industry, is that before, Manga had to wait on Australia and Madman for PAL conversions of Viz properties, or shell out to convert it themselves.

Now they only have to go as far as France for the PAL conversions, and with Kaze and Viz effectively the same company, it eliminates some of the complexity in the contracts.

Just Passing Through said:
Noticed that the RRP for Durarara! is wavering. Anime On Line has V1 at £24.99 as before, discounted to £18.74.

This did have better discounts at Play and HMV around £15, but now Play has its Durarara volumes 1 and 2 at £27.99, discounted to £17.99

HMV's RRP is £34.99. again discounted to £17.99

The Hut family still have it RRPing at £24.99

Now Anime On Line has followed suit £27.99.

Pre-orderers count your blessings...

I have 2 quick questions, not sure if Andrew or if anyone from Beez has come to this forum to answer questions knows, but..

1) Are the masters for Outlaw Star the Orginal Editions or the Remastered ones?

2) Is the Cowboy Bebop Remix boxset Out Of Print? And if it is, is there gonna be a Anime Legends re-release?

Stuart-says-yes said:
Paradox295 said:
I have 2 quick questions, not sure if Andrew or if anyone from Beez has come to this forum to answer questions knows, but..

2) Is the Cowboy Bebop Remix boxset Out Of Print? And if it is, is there gonna be a Anime Legends re-release?

Try this Para, plus trust me, you don't want AL Bebop, then you miss out on the spectacular box art contained in the complete collection.
Yeah, that's what I usually use, but most places are sold out.
HMV has it, but I don't wanna pay £50 :(

Rogue257 said:
Here's a question for Andrew as well as anyone else who can answer it, regarding Kaze - i've had a look at their site and licenses and they just seem to distribute Viz Media's stuff in France - my question is, what do they have to contribute to the UK market? All their licenses seem to be sub-licensed from Viz, even though they've started releasing Vampire Knight here that it still something they just got from Viz, so what exactly can Kaze give to us that Manga can't?

Actually Kaze is a part of the Viz Media Group nowadays and we already actually contribute to the UK market :). The first title that came exactly from Kaze was Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva.

Just passing Through also makes some other good points (saving me time) related to Professor Layton and such in terms of release times and options. Basically there's a lot more that can be done in regards to releases when you don't *have* to wait on Australia always too (though the folks at Madman are cool - so nobody has an issue if it is necessary to!)

There are some other titles which are ares already too but I'll skip going into that but they'll pass under the radar to most as they're all distributed by Manga Entertainment. I'll see about that in future, but ultimately Jerome and I are on the same side so it's not a big thing to me.

I guess there are a few things you may see different on DVD though from us now I am here - but I'll discuss that early next year!

Also expect to hear more over the next year from me about the following areas that Manga don't really do anything in on their own such as merchandise and J-Music.

There are other areas too but those are the ones that will be immediately noticeable I guess!

I'll no doubt update more sometime early next year too but hope this answers things in the meantime ^^.

If there's anything you guys want to know from me or otherwise just shout. I keep in regular contact with Beez too so I'll keep trying to answer questions where possible (taking their official answers and posting them up anyway).

Sorry for lack of replies too of late, have been incredibly busy!

Andrew,
UK Business Development,
Kaze.

Stuart-says-yes said:
I have a question?

Will code geass season 1 part 1 get another printing as it seems to be the only part of the series that is no longer readily available on-line.

Reprint should be at the warehouse as of now I'm told courtesy of an old colleague. So expect it to trickle back to retail very soon!

Andrew

Paradox295 said:

1) Am unsure, will check, I know the original masters received weren't usable though so it could be either to be honest!

2) It's being re-printed so should be back in stock over the next few weeks maximum.

Andrew

One thing I'm hoping for is access to Kaze's streaming platform in the UK but with English subs - they are streaming a number of titles in France that are US-only in English like the noitaminA shows and TAN's simulcasts.
UK-only streams never seem to work, Crunchyroll won't stream anything without the US rights so Europe+UK looks like our last chance.

Shiroi Hane said:
they are streaming a number of titles in France that are US-only in English like the noitaminA shows
Wow, that kind of makes me hate Funimation just that little bit more. But I am hopeful from Andrew's comments at the Expo industry panel that there will at least be some effort made to improve the situation for the UK.

FUNimation licenses most of their shows for the UK where possible.
I assume the UK rights for the noitaminA shows were not made available to them as part of their deal with Fuji TV.
What does annoy me is Sentai - they never include the UK anymore, so their less popular shows which will never get a UK DVD release aren't getting streamed here either - if FUNi or Crunchyroll had those titles we might get to at least see them.

I could blame the Japanese companies, but since it requires guess work either way, I'm quite happy to moan about Funi instead. ^_^

I have to be fair and admit I can't think off the top of my head of shows that Sentai have had that have been simulcast - is it basically anything being streamed by The Anime Network?

ilmaestro said:
I could blame the Japanese companies, but since it requires guess work either way, I'm quite happy to moan about Funi instead. ^_^

I have to be fair and admit I can't think off the top of my head of shows that Sentai have had that have been simulcast - is it basically anything being streamed by The Anime Network?
Simulcasts were/are Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls and Highschool of the Dead.

They stream almost their whole catalogue in the US.

Back