UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

So they send stuff but do t mark as fulfilled? As I've orderd an item everyday and had no despatch emails...maybe they know in going order alot and sent by a helicopter :)

AGE, Build Fighters and Victory are the only three (or four if you count Build Fighters Try as a separate series) Gundam shows I've never actually watched or have on my shelf, one way or another. I know I'll watch them one day, but given the reputation of AGE and especially Victory, it'll probably only be when I actually have a copy on my shelf...
I had to jump through hoops to watch the legal stream of subbed AGE in 2011 (Sunrise geo blocked it to Asia/Australia despite claiming it'd be open). I think if you accept it's not amazing you can enjoy it for the most part. The problem is the central concept (a Gundam war that spans generations) is never really acted on. A lot of the best stuff is in the first generation arc, after which the staff admit they were getting nothing from the project lead or audiences to encourage them and so were just on auto pilot until the show ended.

Build Fighters is a lot of fun. Uber Gundam nerds will adore it but it also has a large audience of folks who admit they usually can't stand Gundam.

Victory is one of my UC favourites. There's this odd insistence it's dark and gory but I think that like ZZ it's an unsung hero of the UC anime, getting past a lot of the nastier stuff Tomino did in earlier shows.

Masaaki Yuasa bunduru has dispatched too. Now to wait for the awesome posters (not that I have space for them but still :p)

I have a bunch of posters up that have been there for a while so I might swap them out.
Couldn't swap out my posters, I love them to much. They're 3 old quad posters, one is The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, one is Once upon a time in the West and one for Star Wars.

Couldn't swap out my posters, I love them to much. They're 3 old quad posters, one is The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, one is Once upon a time in the West and one for Star Wars.
Ooo nice, mine are just posters for Skyward Sword and A Link between worlds. My movie posters are limited to Blade Runner, Scarface and Pulp Fiction

I had to jump through hoops to watch the legal stream of subbed AGE in 2011 (Sunrise geo blocked it to Asia/Australia despite claiming it'd be open). I think if you accept it's not amazing you can enjoy it for the most part. The problem is the central concept (a Gundam war that spans generations) is never really acted on. A lot of the best stuff is in the first generation arc, after which the staff admit they were getting nothing from the project lead or audiences to encourage them and so were just on auto pilot until the show ended.

Build Fighters is a lot of fun. Uber Gundam nerds will adore it but it also has a large audience of folks who admit they usually can't stand Gundam.

Victory is one of my UC favourites. There's this odd insistence it's dark and gory but I think that like ZZ it's an unsung hero of the UC anime, getting past a lot of the nastier stuff Tomino did in earlier shows.

Trust me, Build Fighters appeals to me greatly, I just haven't found the time to give it a start. It's constantly in my Crunchyroll queue next to the currently airing shows :)

Interesting to hear that about Victory, to be honest the only thing that held me back when I was doing all the non-available shows is the amount of episodes it has and how long it would have taken to download all of them and burn them to disc. Since then I similarly haven't be bothered to track it down, especially when we started to get the blu-ray releases from the US, where it's already out. Fingers crossed when I finally watch it, it will be on blu-ray!

Anyway... back to Anime Limited sales! (which might be relevant to the topic one of these days!)

Amazon Japan are selling an exclusive Gunpla, A-Z Gundam from the latest Build Fighters web short.

Any chance of it here? It could be brand as the Anime Limited-Zavvi Gundam!

Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt: Bandit Flower was released today. I presume we won’t be getting our copies until the new year considering it is the Christmas period. @Jeremy Graves @Hanners @anime_andrew

We haven't received the stock yet, so probably unlikely to be before the end of year at this stage I'd say. But then again, who knows that could change in an instant before I know it :)
This is partly why we said it may not be fulfilled until early January as we knew the Christmas rush in general might play some havoc.

Aaand THAT, ladies and gents, is how you get a Mega City Judge to triple dip on a movie. I'm hoping that annoying subtitle glitch right at the very end of the movie has been fixed. I know I've brought it up before, but I'm getting old and senile and I can never remember the details of those conversations.

If not... well. Shiny coffee coasters!

Really appreciate the update on Bandit Flower as well.

I still only have the cardboard fold-out DVD version of Sword of the Stranger, so for £14.99 I'm delighted to upgrade not only the format, but the package as well!

Sword of the Stranger ordered. I didn't think I'd be ordering much in this years sale but as it turns out 5 orders out of 8 days :eek:

Last edited:
Passing on Sword of the Stranger. I don't generally rewatch films too often, and it isn't that much of a deal when Amazon's had it at 19.99 for ages now.

Back