UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Anime Industry Discussion' started by britguy, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Lambadelta

Lambadelta Thousand Master

I think this should of been on sale with the other FUNi stuff, and instead get a deal on some older AL stuff.

2. HWR

HWR Stand User

Well that's a deal I can skip. I also wish that Ass Class Season 2 part 2 was on offer but oh well.

3. serpantino

serpantino Straw Hat Pirate

I never got the crazy obsession for ass class. I found it such an inconsequential and throwaway series. I could understand it's popularity in Japan a bit more but internationally less so.

4. Y2Johnny

Y2Johnny School Idol

Oh man, another great deal I wish I could take advantage of... I really have to stop coming to this thread :(

5. Buzzkillington

Buzzkillington Death Scythe

Already have season 1 set so this is another pass for me, thought about getting it just to replace my box to hold the BDs as mine arrived covered in scratches on the spine and a weird indent thing but I made my peace with that ages ago so meh. Shame Season 2 Part 1 doesn't have a discount as I've yet to pick that up but I guess it's a bit early, oh well, maybe next year. :p

Man so far I've only bought Claymore, I put some money aside for this sale but if this keeps up I may just get to spend it on something else and can pick up that PS4 Pro I wanted...

6. Lambadelta

Lambadelta Thousand Master

I have S1P1, but not S1P2, but will pass on that for now since I'm really in no rush.

So far this sale I've gone for Hokusai UE, Yona of the Dawn P1/P2 and Noragami S2

7. crashmatt

crashmatt Thousand Master

I feel the same way, its a solid series but I got board of it by the end, It didn't need 2 24 ep series

8. HWR

HWR Stand User

I've gotten Terror in Resonance, the Masaaki Yuasa bunduru, and the P3 Movie set. I'm curious as to what the next four days will bring.

9. Alex93

Alex93 Dandy Guy, in Space

Been quite impressed by this sale. Beats out what Rightstuf have offered for sure!

10. NormanicGrav

NormanicGrav The Eagle-Eyed Member Moderator

Assassination Classroom Season 1 on sale for a bargain price with both parts? NOICE. However, I'm planning ahead with this sale (again) so I'll be placing it under the 'Christmas' haul instead.

Acquired from Sale:
    Day 3: Genius Party & Genius Party Beyond
    Day 4: Claymore
    Day 7: Asssassination Classroom Season 1 Bundle

On Sale but Not Viable:
    Day 2: Ping Pong the Animation (Reason: Bundle only)
    Day 5: Noragami Aragoto (Reason: I DON'T HAVE SEASON 1 ROFL)

Passed On:
    Day 1: Giovanni's Island & Miss Hokusai
    Day 5: Numerous Funimation UK standard edition sets

Grav's Wishlist:
    ALDNOAH ZERO (Season 2)
    Charlotte (Part 1) ~ Part 2 is relatively cheap to acquire anyway
    Fullmetal Alchemist 2003 ~ AL's own price for each part is reasonable (£35 each)

A Letter to Momo
    Lord Marksman and Vanadis
    Noein ~to your other self~

11. JTO

JTO Completely Average High School Student

Very cheap for me so far since I only went for Giovanni's Island so far. Hoping for one or two Early Bird deals coming up in the next four days (don't think we've had an extreme one yet).

HWR likes this.
  12. Temujin26S

Temujin26S Completely Average High School Student

Agree it only starts to picks up during the holiday arc in Season 1. Season 2 is a slight improvement but still hit and miss.

13. Temujin26S

Do you think kill la kill standard sets will be on sale

14. NormanicGrav

NormanicGrav The Eagle-Eyed Member Moderator

They were on sale last year so it could happen I dunno.

15. Temujin26S

Thanks

16. Gemsy-chan

Gemsy-chan Za Warudo

Day 7 of sale and still nothing I want.

17. Demelza

Demelza Adventuring Alchemist AUKN Staff

Same here! I'm now wondering if we'll get to the end and I'll regret not buying Noragami because we've come so far with nothing else I want. ;_;

18. Gemsy-chan

Gemsy-chan Za Warudo

I’m hoping they do an early bird deal in the sale for ZZ Gundam part 2...it’s the only thing I’m waiting for.

19. Patient-X

Patient-X Straw Hat Pirate

I'm loving the sale, my wallet, not so much. So far I've bought:
    Escaflowne UE
    Gatami Galaxy/Ping Pong bundle
    Persona 3 movies
    Assassination Classroom S1 parts 1&2
    Not sure if I'm going to go for the mystery box, there's not a lot left I really want. Possibly FMA (2003) pt 1&2 and Tokyo Marble Chocolate.

HWR likes this.
  20. HellCat

HellCat Straw Hat Pirate

Missed UPS guy by 20 minutes. Assumed he'd drop it at local newsagent takes in UPS but no, so just had to arrange that for tomorrow.

Being a Gundam fan is suffering.