UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Bebop arrived. My only issue is the case is huge for how 'little' is inside it. Intentional to store actual vinyls in? Maybe even AL's planned ones?
PwOLAWl.jpg

Bebop arrived. My only issue is the case is huge for how 'little' is inside it. Intentional to store actual vinyls in? Maybe even AL's planned ones?
Can I have more pics, I'm kinda interested what you mean as most small cases hold about 50, ones I used are usually 100

Edit: Looking at pics, it looks a standard 50 record case, something you would use to store a small collection or go to the club with. Anything like a 100 (+) record case and it gets heavy and is more for a storage case rather than flight case

Last edited:
I was hoping I would find a way to justify buying it just for the case but after that vid, urgh... nope

If I was going to use it for vinyls only then I would have weird oversized bluray sets laying around I couldn't re-sell. Not an issue if I owned the Disney sets that came in 12" cases, or the collection he mentioned as I could have them in their own little collection like NIS sets. but having neither of those and no need to own the series again... I think I'll buy a 50 case for £30 off amazon

Shame as a including the Vinyl OST release like Funimation did along with the AL Flight Case would have made this an instant buy for me as I really need a case for my records now I've started buying them again

All that is confirmed is that Shout/Gkids is using AL's digital remaster- I have zero evidence to say whether or not it will use the exact encode bit-for-bit what Justin Sevakis did. If it uses a different encode but the same master, all should be fine. BUT, if it's Bit-for-bit identical... then AL is screwed. Seriously... as of F**KING 12 NOVEMBER he had a version of it done and ready to be sent for QC.

That's insane that it's taking AL so long...

Most likely not. Also, I can say this- at least from when I heard, AL and Shout Factory have different extras, or at least SF has more. If the wait was to license them, then that's cool by me, but if AL doesn't get them, there's a reason to get both AL and SF's releases.

My issue with Bebop is it feels ultimately like a lot of money for little, with apparently the bulk of that going to the case. I'm sure the case is better appreciated if you collect vinyl but I'm looking at it as 3 pseudo vinyl cases being given a lot of space, including the art book leaning and stretching. Given the aesthetic was pseudo vinyl it might have been better to go with a smaller case or have something else in it.

Part of what I liked about the FMA UE was the space consideration. Sure the art book is kinda orphaned but the series itself fits neatly inside the gate should you so desire. This doesn't have that.

Back