UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Yet Australia which rated Valkyrie Drive an 18 gave S2 and S3 15s. Its one scene apparently VD was full of it and more explicit. S4 also is the best season but CR nicked it and we wont get the film either so even though it got good CR/Kadokawa has killed it
The Australian classification system is different, they don't have a legal act in place prohibiting this kind of material. The Australian censors take a much dimmer view on the consumpion of drugs than the BBFC with titles containing drug use usually getting a higher rsting than the UK.

I just don't get why they slag off illya but then submit VD its a joke. And its obv was AL as it fitted with all the other FUNi titles.
Id rather they say it sold badly cos it did, rather than blame the content why even release S1 if you know what's S2 is like (Yes I know it was a package license But it didnt mean they had to release it)

When even Australia, the country that tried to legally deny the existence of adult women with flat chests, is able to release something and the UK isn't, things are not going well.

I just don't get why they slag off illya but then submit VD its a joke. And its obv was AL as it fitted with all the other FUNi titles.
Id rather they say it sold badly cos it did, rather than blame the content why even release S1 if you know what's S2 is like (Yes I know it was a package license But it didnt mean they had to release it)
You'll probably find that Anime Limited were contractually obliged to submit VD for classification, otherwise I doubt they would have done so.

The BBFC have always baffled me with how they handle certain titles but I won’t go into a rant. Let’s just say I’m not a fan to say the least.

The BBFC have always baffled me with how they handle certain titles but I won’t go into a rant. Let’s just say I’m not a fan to say the least.

So the BBFC doesn't stand for "Big Boobie Fan Club" then? 😝

They’re probably the opposite of that. I could make a few acronyms but they’d probably censor them or cut them for release in case the public couldn’t handle them or some piddle.
Big Bunions and Foot Corns? 🤔
Big Bad Fluffy Cats? 😾

I have the Nadesico DVD box.

As far as I can tell based on reviews it's not like the BD excels in picture quality.

Is the AL Nadesico BD Box worth the upgrade from the DVD?

Valkyrie Drive in Germany btw. is rated age 16, on all single volumes. Which is more lenient than youtube: The publisher tried uploading a trailer, which got deleted and they were using this as a marketing gag "Too hot for even youtube" or something like that.
My German Ninja Turtles DVD set came with an ad for VD for some strange reason.
IY3XT7I.jpg

Kids want Tits :D
Ranma 1/2 aired in Germany uncut in the afternoon between Beyblade and Pokemon (both edited US-TV-cut).

I guess Ninja Turtles is mostly bought for nostalgic reasons, not by kids ;)

Yes, but it's a bit weird to include an ecchi anime ad with a kids cartoon DVD.
They have their catalogue booklet series for all their stuff and it gets stuck in just about every release. (I think?) One other booklet had No Game No Life pretty prominently on the backcover.

Back