UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Simioun

Completely Average High School Student
My copy of Snow White with red hair arrived this morning. So hopefully others will be getting theirs today.

HellCat

Thousand Master
Bebop arrived. My only issue is the case is huge for how 'little' is inside it. Intentional to store actual vinyls in? Maybe even AL's planned ones?

Shadow Cat

Magical Girl
Bebop arrived. My only issue is the case is huge for how 'little' is inside it. Intentional to store actual vinyls in? Maybe even AL's planned ones?
Can I have more pics, I'm kinda interested what you mean as most small cases hold about 50, ones I used are usually 100

Edit: Looking at pics, it looks a standard 50 record case, something you would use to store a small collection or go to the club with. Anything like a 100 (+) record case and it gets heavy and is more for a storage case rather than flight case

Last edited:

Shadow Cat

Magical Girl
I was hoping I would find a way to justify buying it just for the case but after that vid, urgh... nope

If I was going to use it for vinyls only then I would have weird oversized bluray sets laying around I couldn't re-sell. Not an issue if I owned the Disney sets that came in 12" cases, or the collection he mentioned as I could have them in their own little collection like NIS sets. but having neither of those and no need to own the series again... I think I'll buy a 50 case for £30 off amazon

Shame as a including the Vinyl OST release like Funimation did along with the AL Flight Case would have made this an instant buy for me as I really need a case for my records now I've started buying them again

Professor Who

School Idol
All that is confirmed is that Shout/Gkids is using AL's digital remaster- I have zero evidence to say whether or not it will use the exact encode bit-for-bit what Justin Sevakis did. If it uses a different encode but the same master, all should be fine. BUT, if it's Bit-for-bit identical... then AL is screwed. Seriously... as of F**KING 12 NOVEMBER he had a version of it done and ready to be sent for QC.

That's insane that it's taking AL so long...

thedoctor2016

Baka Ranger
The book and stuff I assume, but if a version of that master exists as a SE it won’t be good I do hope AL releases the UE and a new CE but I’m not holding much hope

Professor Who

School Idol
Most likely not. Also, I can say this- at least from when I heard, AL and Shout Factory have different extras, or at least SF has more. If the wait was to license them, then that's cool by me, but if AL doesn't get them, there's a reason to get both AL and SF's releases.