Anime Limited Mystery Boxes (SPOILERS)

I own 2, don't want 1, interested in the other 2.

I think I picked a decent box out of the options since that means the only thing in the other box that would of interested me is Gangsta (if we base this off that list of anime we broke it down to)

not sure what I'll do with book of circus. I own the AUS standard edition, and I think those would be harder to sell off so not sure if I should just sell book of circus.
I surprisingly managed to offload the AUS versions of No-Rin and Yurikuma Arashi on eBay so there are people who’ll buy those sets.

Seemingly no Sony DADA Eureka Seven/Persona 3 clueless switcharooing or missing items, then. Not sure if to be disappointed that a randomiser wasn't added to the mystery: the pained cries of the masses, stimulated by despair~

That aside, I wanted Ajin since it looked like a nice set. I got Ajin, and it is a nice set. So, mystery box mission success. Kudos to the user that worked out what wasn't included in sale to narrow down the options for the lazy; namely, me. You were a useful person.

The rest left me mostly indifferent: I'll try Princess Artefarty but it's a film that flew under my radar. Noein is an excellent series... but I own it, and the transfer is same-as-DVD-or-worse gash. Erased I watched when it aired and know it goes to **** in the last half not included here. Black Butler and its (what I assume to be) quasi-yaoi bait can do one, be it to CeX or elsewhere.

Last edited:
Well, I'm safe with this AL Mystery Box, as I own all five titles already - Princess Arete CE and Ajin CE from AL, Book of Circus LE and Noein LE from Funimation, and Erased LE from AoA. I also own the Sentai PE release for Ajin as well.

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else (please correct me if I'm wrong) but I received my DVD mystery box this morning. It may give some of you some indication of what's in Blu-ray mystery box 2.

Contents
Ajin season 1
Erased part 1
The Case of Hana & Alice
Gangsta
and
Princess Arete Blu ray

That's right, I received a Blu Ray only disc (not combo pack) in the DVD box. I assume this is a mistake on the part of the shipping company. But whether I am supposed to have the DVD version of that title or something else entirely who knows. All I know is I can't play it

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else (please correct me if I'm wrong) but I received my DVD mystery box this morning. It may give some of you some indication of what's in Blu-ray mystery box 2.

Contents
Ajin season 1
Erased part 1
The Case of Hana & Alice
Gangsta
and
Princess Arete Blu ray

That's right, I received a Blu Ray only disc (not combo pack) in the DVD box. I assume this is a mistake on the part of the shipping company. But whether I am supposed to have the DVD version of that title or something else entirely who knows. All I know is I can't play it

Dang should contact AL after Christmas to get that sorted. Merry Christmas btw

Contents
Ajin season 1
Erased part 1
The Case of Hana & Alice
Gangsta
and
Princess Arete Blu ray

Ho, 'tis just as planned~ Ajin, lesbians (?) and a title I'm never going to be black enough to fully appreciate. @Lupus

2/5 items in mystery box #2 are the other titles I was interested in, leaving 3 I know not. And Princess Arete seems decent, despite me not being a feminist. Good value, all in all.

Yaoi-Bait. No its not really. Yes Sebastian is very popular amongst women, but the show is serious 90% of the time and not bait.

...wait, is the shota-boy actually a girl called Ciel? This I noticed upon closer inspection. As others doubtless did, I initially visualised a top-bottom adult butlerXunderage boy suggestive yaoi thingy. Apologies if I was mistaken, for it is an easy mistake to make in truth.

Would you say it's more or less gay than Nabari no Ou, btw? I tried that during my more Narutarded youth.

...wait, is the shota-boy actually a girl called Ciel? This I noticed upon closer inspection. As others doubtless did, I initially visualised a top-bottom adult butlerXunderage boy suggestive yaoi thingy. Apologies if I was mistaken, for it is an easy mistake to make in truth.

Would you say it's more or less gay than Nabari no Ou, btw? I tried that during my more Narutarded youth.

Nabari no Ou is not about gays... Though the Anime did end with this terrible animeonly arc that was catering a lot of that certain audience.
Black Butler is also not gay, but the author likes to play around with including all sorts of tropes. Which includes playing around with yaoi baits. But it's by far not the only thing she plays around with. There are zombies, shinigamis with a saw and a lawnmower, a Harry Potter-style school, male idols and whatnot. (Yes, male idols bishonen in a Victorian era setting.) And most surprisngly it still manages to keep a serious face while pulling something like that off while not completely destroying the setting.
Incidentially it does have recurring a gay side character. But that one is mostly played for laughs.

Your assumtion actually got it a little bit closer towards Nabari no Ou's Manga though.

Back