What Music are you listening to? Discussions Welcome!

Never really listened to Stone Sour before but I heard the new album was getting some pretty good reviews so I decided to check it out. I think I need to give the non-single tracks a few more listens, but I have enjoyed what I've heard. Taipei Person/Allah Tea is probably my favourite track so far, I can't get it out of my head! That chorus is so catchy.

This popped up on my play list earlier:

It reminds me of the first time I saw Neon Genesis Evangelion. My house mate at the time was watching a video of this track with scenes from NGE. I heard the track, which I already knew, and as it wasn't really his type of music wondered what was going on so went to have a look. And he was the one that introduced me to NGE.
Sadly that video seems to have disappeared off the Internet, it was about 14 years ago though!

PS This is what else I've been listening to for the past 12 years! Last.fm profile

Last edited:

"And the shadow of the day
Will embrace the world in gray
And the sun will set for you"

The death of Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington might be the first celebrity death to actually effect me. Linkin Park were massively influential in my early years and helped to shape my taste in music in such a huge way. I wasn't a fan of some of their later stuff, but I can never deny how impactful I found those first three albums. I've always loved Shadow of the Day as it shows a side to Linkin Park people often ignore, the more slow and melodic side, and the lyrics are incredibly poignant in light of Chester's death. I'd implore anyone who thinks Linkin Park is all just nu-metal and angst to listen to this song, and maybe appreciate the band a bit more.

I do have to wonder what this means for the future of Linkin Park. Although I thought that last album they put out a little while ago was awful, I'd definitely be broken up if this meant the end of the band. They are a group of very talented musicians who are able to adapt and change in different ways from album to album, so hopefully they manage to make it through this tragedy.

I just had a 'oh that song' moment

So Rock Band just added a song called 'Alive' by The Temper Trap. I really like it, and discovered it's not their best song. The best song people asked for was 'Sweet Disposition'. After listening to that track I noticed that I heard it before from a long time ago.

Turns out 'Sweet Disposition' was used for the Center Parcs adverts. And from what I've been told is also part of the (500) Days of Summer movie soundtrack.

Anywho if you haven't heard them I say give them a listen it's pretty good imo.

Fell down a 90's Hip Hop hole for some reason last few days. These are my favourites, though most are based on nostalgia as I vaguely recall at least 4 at some point. The radio was on alot when I was a kid.​

Last edited:
Last night, I was surfing through Netflix and was looking through the International Movies section as you do and after digging pretty deep managed to find Daft Punk Unchained chronicling the career of everyone's favourite French Robotic Electronic Duo. I've been listening to Daft Punk songs on/off pretty much since.

I'm still in awe at how this was relegated to a bonus track as opposed to being on the actual album. I swear, if this was actually on Vol. 3, it'd be one of the best tracks on the album.

Listening to some Super Girls,

Took me a while to find as I've mostly been listening to Sakura Gakuin (And Related/Sub-Groups like Tween, Babymetal, Karen Girls and some Idol School stuff), The World Standard, AKB48 and Cheeeky Parade... Managed to totally forgot who Super Girls are

Also this still

/Idol Trash

Last edited:
Adding another comment as I'm not sure how many embeds I should put on one video, sorry Admin/Mod folks for DP

My favorite Doki Doki Morning. Marina as center <3

and for some cute Marina

Sorry, I'll stop posting, back to your Slipnot stuff, or for me, some Metallica

I spent the day listening to The Doors and going through their back catalogue. LA Woman is my favourite album of theirs I think.

I generally listen to a blend of musicians, a lot stemming from the 1980s. My favourite musicians include Depeche Mode, Nine Inch Nails, Pink Floyd, Daft Punk and Japan.

Depeche Mode just released a video for their newest single, it's one of the best tracks from their latest album Spirit. I've been listening to this album consistently since it's release back in March.

I do listen to a few anime themes here and there, some of which I've posted here on the forum in the favourite OP/ED Thread.

We have similar tastes. I love The Doors and L.A. Woman is one of the greatest albums ever. I've seen Depeche Mode a few times, they're such a good live act. I saw Pink Floyd back in 1994 when they took over Earls Court for two weeks, one of the best concerts I've ever experienced.

We have similar tastes. I love The Doors and L.A. Woman is one of the greatest albums ever. I've seen Depeche Mode a few times, they're such a good live act. I saw Pink Floyd back in 1994 when they took over Earls Court for two weeks, one of the best concerts I've ever experienced.
I'm jealous, I'll never get to see Pink Floyd live. Think Floyd are a pretty good subsitute at least :D
I've only seen Depeche Mode live once and that was earlier this year, though I'm seeing them in November too. Wish I could have been around for the Black Celebration and Devotional tours, the concert footage is amazing!

I'm jealous, I'll never get to see Pink Floyd live. Think Floyd are a pretty good subsitute at least :D
I've only seen Depeche Mode live once and that was earlier this year, though I'm seeing them in November too. Wish I could have been around for the Black Celebration and Devotional tours, the concert footage is amazing!
I saw them in Birmingham and Manchester on the Devotional tour. Can't believe it was '93 though, didn't realise it was that long ago.

Help, I'm noticing unexpected musical similarities again...

Now there's a remix in waiting that's worth learning the software for.

Help, I'm noticing unexpected musical similarities again...

Now there's a remix in waiting that's worth learning the software for.
The Sisters were another of my favourite bands. Saw them a few times back in the 80's, well I say saw, there wasn't a lot to see with the amount of dry ice they used. I loved the early stuff but everything after First and Last and Always not so much. In fact, one of first tattoos was the Merciful Release star...
image.jpg

As much as this is my favourite Trivium album, I actually hadn't heard it through it its entirety until the other day. Although I think the latter half of the album is a fair bit weaker than the first, the album closer is potentially the strongest song on the album. At almost 12 minutes long it is their longest song, and they haven't attempted anything close to this length since Shogun's release in 2008, which I find to be disappointing. Between the song's length, fantasy themed lyrics and the change of style in the middle of the song, Shogun sees Trivium dipping their toes very much into the Progressive Metal genre, and if this is anything to go by, they're actually fantastic at it. With their new album, The Sin and the Sentence, I was hoping that we might get something akin to this again, seeing as the title track, which was released as the first single, sounds a little more like Shogun than their last 3 efforts, but alas, there isn't really anything that long on it, with the longest track being around 7 minutes. Maybe someday...

So the game Ruiner added some songs from Susumu Hirasawa, not new ones mind you but older songs licensed for use.

The one that's apparently his best 'non-anime' song is really awesome - it's called 'Island Door (Paranesian Circle)'. It's over 10 minutes but if you liked the 90s Berserk soundtrack (which Hirasawa composed) you'll like this a lot:

Back