I wouldn't panic yet. I imagine they just didn't want to announce too much before Zeta was released. I could see people getting upset about them working on other titles whilst Zeta is still not out.
I guess but with Sunrise being unhappy with sales in the UK, it's pretty hard not to jump to conclusions really....

Anime Limited | New Announcement #16

Dagashi Kashi

Part of the Funimation deal.

Sweat ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Would be interested in that, the current Mad Max style Wacky Races comic is great craic.

might be a bit Urrm and Err what with the reception Scooby Doo: Apocalypse and The Flintstones has gone

1477393632172.jpg

Rokka?!
I'm VERY happy that's been licensed. It's one of the titles in my top 10 wishlist (which hasn't been scratched in well over a year). Thank you Andrew, very much.
Hoping for a fantastic edition as per usual.

Round-up of all of the Anime Limited MCM announcements:

via All the Anime label:
  • Evangelion: 1.11 You Are (not) Alone
  • Kiss Him, Not Me!
  • March comes in like a Lion
  • Princess Arete
  • A Silent Voice
  • Silver Spoon
  • Sword Art Online the Movie -Ordinal Scale-

via Crunchyroll label:
  • Ace Attorney
  • Free! Iwatobi Swim Club
  • Joker Game
  • Mob Psycho 100
  • Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers
  • Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu

via Funimation distribution:
  • Assassination Classroom Season 2
  • Dagashi Kashi
  • Tenchi Muyo! GXP

I'm presuming here, but I imagine for Anime Ltd too, Gundam is potentially less of a priority after Zeta Gundam is out too. If we take the fact that sales weren't what Sunrise had hoped for, then it can hardly seem like good business sense for them to push ahead with a load of / high frequency of Gundam releases. Law of diminishing returns etc.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if after Zeta they skip straight ahead to Wing - as I imagine by the time it comes round for another Gundam release, RightStuff will be gearing up to release that - so they could attempt to at least sync up day and date with that, and get back 'on track' timing wise in that sense.

None of my "dream" licenses announced (they likely never will be!) but still plenty i'm interested in from Anime Limited.

Interested to see in what form the crunchyroll stuff take when released; collectors editions, standard releases like Funimation, or just case by case basis with some things like Free getting a CE to fit alonsgide the release of the second season? Had hoped Gintama was gonna come from teh CR deal too, but that can wait!

edit - ah looking at the announcement board most of the CR are still classed as coming from Anime Limited while Ace Attorney specifically mention "as part of the crunchyroll label" think that answers my question as to which get CEs then!

Last edited:
I guess but with Sunrise being unhappy with sales in the UK, it's pretty hard not to jump to conclusions really....

I'm going to be blunt and say I don't think we have the full picture there. Sunrise clearly aren't stupid, and they aren't likely to have expected sales on a par with the US unless they were given promises/evidence to the contrary. If there are issues, I hope they get resolved, but we really don't know enough to panic.

Also, a few Gundam titles have French dates already, so we know Zeta won't be the last hurrah :D

If I had to break down AL's announcements:

Will Definitely Buy:
  • Free! Iwatobi Swim Club - As much as I did avoid watching it for the longest time, I did end up really enjoying Free! so I'll certainly buy this.
  • Mob Psycho 100 - Probably my favourite show of the summer season, with really excellent visuals and comedy.
  • Sword Art Online: Ordinal Scale - Haven't got around to S2 yet, but S1 was enjoyable enough, so I'll get the movie.
  • Assassination Classroom S2 - Loved S1 and I'm highly anticipating S2.
Might Buy
  • Evangelion 1.11 - I own Manga's BD so they'll have to make something pretty nice CE wise to make me buy it.
  • March comes in like a Lion - I love almost everything Shaft makes, but I have 0 interest in Shougi. I may have to watch this on CR first.
  • A Silent Voice - I like KyoAni a bunch, but I'm not huge into romance focused anime, so I'm a bit torn.
  • Silver Spoon - It's based on a manga from the same author as FMA, which has my interest, but the farm setting is a bit off putting for me
Pass
  • Dagashi Kashi - It has it's moments but I was pretty luke warm to this on the whole. I don't have much interest in seeing it again anytime soon.
  • Kiss Him, Not Me - Not my thing
  • Ace Attorney - I've heard really mixed things about this adaption, so I'd rather play the games instead. Might be interested in watching it after I've played the games though, when I get around to that.
Not Heard Of /Know Little About
  • Princess Arete
  • Joker Game
  • Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers
  • Tenchi Muyo GXP
  • Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu

My general attitude to licensing announcements these days are usually - if it hasn't been licensed in the US recently, then don't expect it (except any random curious Anime Ltd likes to surprise us with) - also, announcements on the whole are likely to be focused on recent streaming successes / Funi pick-ups.

On the whole I'm pretty pleased with what got announced - although I do think pre-2000s anime is still a massive gaping hole in terms of UK anime pickups (which is why I'm happy the Escaflowne set is so lovely... now to hope for something similar for Martian Successor Nadesico)

Far too many SOL shows for me this comic con. some big shows that are still waiting to be picked up. The only essential purchase from AL will be Rokka. Quite dissapointing Overall.

Will be picking up BTB movies and GITS OVA'S. may pick up flying witch at some point.

Back