Your viewing journal

Chillin' in Another World with Level 2 Super Cheat Powers Episode 11

Gods' Game We Play Episode 12

I Was Reincarnated as the 7th Prince So I Can Take My Time Perfecting My Magical Ability Episode 12 (Complete)

Re:Monster Episode 12 (Complete)

Spice and Wolf: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 12

TSUKIMICHI -Moonlit Fantasy- Season 2 Episode 36

Bartender: Glass of God (Japanese) - Episode 12 (Complete)

Though I feel I prefer the original I liked that this decided to take a different direction while still keeping the core of what Bartender is. I'd say I enjoyed both series around the same amount but the original beats it out by a little for me. If you enjoyed one of the series though I'd recommend the other.

KonoSuba! God's Blessing on this Wonderful World! (Season 3) (Japanese) - Episode 11 (Complete)

This was as hilarious as ever and may even be my favourite season now. I really liked that Darkness got a lot of character development this time around as I always found her the weakest out of the main group but now she is easily on par with the others. Let's hope S4 doesn't take to long to be announced.

Bartender: Glass of God episode 12 Catch. (Complete. A mature and insightful story that like its predecessor delivered something unique and wonderful.) 4.5/5

Date A Live V
episode 11 Second kiss.

KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on This Wonderful World! 3 episode 11 Paperwork. (Complete. This was worth the wait and remained a fun romp throughout.) 4/5

Mysterious Disappearances
episode 11 Offer.

The Many Sides of Voice Actor Radio episode 11 Compromise.

Saint Seiya: Omega episodes 64-74

The Demon Sword Master of Excalibur Academy
Episodes 9-12
I imagine it wasn't very original but I enjoyed myself. It built up to a quite exciting multi part mission.

Under Ninja
Episodes 10-12
I loved it. Not really got much of a clue about the plot except different ninja factions fighting each other. Great fights and funny.
😭😭😭

The Demon Sword Master of Excalibur Academy
Episodes 9-12
I imagine it wasn't very original but I enjoyed myself. It built up to a quite exciting multi part mission.

Under Ninja
Episodes 10-12
I loved it. Not really got much of a clue about the plot except different ninja factions fighting each other. Great fights and funny.
😭😭😭
How was the end for you? I had to immediately google how far the anime went in the manga… the English releases haven’t caught up with the anime yet 😭

A Salad Bowl of Eccentrics episode 12 Pachinko. (Complete. An easygoing series that didn’t stand out too much but offered some fun episodes.) 3/5

Yuru Camp△ Season 3
episode 12 Petals and frogs. (Complete. Though perhaps the weaker of the three seasons for me so far, this was still a great watch.) 4/5

Saint Seiya: Omega
episodes 75-88

A Certain Magical Index: The Movie - The Miracle of Endymion (English dubbed) - A decent entry in the franchise, not as good as the series are though :)

Redline (REWATCH, English dubbed) - Still an awesome film that holds up really well, very cool animation and music, and solid dub, I actually saw this at the cinema years ago really late at night and remember enjoying that it was loud enough to keep me awake-ish throughout XD

Suzume (REWATCH, English dubbed) - I like this more on a second viewing, prob not my favourite Makoto Shinkai film but lovely nonetheless and I look forward to seeing what he comes up with next, I do hope that he can do a queer romance like he wants in future, dub was also decent though the dub for Weathering With You is better :)

Roujin Z (REWATCH, English dubbed) - This has such an awesome English dub and is a warmly human satire on society's treatment of the elderly, I really really enjoy rewatching this every time I do :)

Jack and the Cuckoo-Clock Heart (REWATCH, English dubbed) - So romantic and beautiful I love this, will always be one of my favourite movies, I think I rewatched this with friend A this time, I know I did rewatch it with them recently-ish, but I might have rewatched it again on my own afterwards? Anyway, great film, and it does a great job with disability representation as well, pretty much every character including the mc is disabled and it feels very natural :)

The Last Unicorn (REWATCH) - This is a real treat on Blu-ray, really brings out all those lovely details in the Topcraft/pre-Ghibli artwork :)

Bubble (REWATCH, English subbed) - With friend A, such an enchanting retelling of The Little Mermaid with the loveliest animation and music, and I love the disability rep in this film too it's done really well :)

E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial - Yes I'd never seen this before properly! It is as good as most people say, with as much quiet wonder as chaos and giving it's scenes room to breathe when they need them, it's also nice to see a kind message about people from other places not being so scary, in this era of anti-immigration, anti-refugee rhetoric

Son of Rambow - Great fun, a bit darker and sadder than I might have anticipated but that's not a criticism, just an observation, I like that it is a film about children that is neither pitched at them in an extremely juvenile way, nor really just a film for adults as it empathises a lot with it's protagonists, in a sense it slightly reminded me of Billy Elliot :)

Much Ado About Nothing (1993) - Beautiful direction, costumes and sets, and Branagh is just sooo smexxxy here lol (not to mention Denzel Washington and Keanu Reeves even tho I wish the latter wasn't playing a villain on this occasion), but I prefer the Joss Whedon version, still this was def worth watching :)

Robot Carnival (REWATCH, English dubbed) - Makes a great on-in-the-background movie, lots of talent on display and cool Hisaishi score, dub is also decent, it was really nice to revisit this and I will prob revisit it again soon :)

Update on series to follow soon hopefully! :)

The Iceblade Sorcerer shall rule the World is finished.
Started off strong but wasn't as good in the last third. Could well be a second season but if so, it would be a sale purchase for me.

The Fruit of Evolution S1
Lots of fun. I particularly liked the harem idea that every girl was happy to be in it and Seichi chose them all
Roll on S2. I wonder if anyone will recognise him.

Dead Dead Demons Dededede Destruction (English) - Episode 4

Astro Note (Japanese) - Episode 12 (Complete)

I absolutely adored this series! this was definitely inspired by Rumiko Takahashi's works (even has a Maison Ikokku reference early on) and feels like a series from that era.

Without even knowing what this was about before I watched it the art style stood out to me and was the reason I even watched it in the first place, a fan of the style for sure (also why my profile pic at the time of posting this is of Mira from the series). It also reminded me of Carole & Tuesday as well which I also adore and looking into it they actually share the same character designer which explains that.

I'd highly recommend if you enjoy rom-coms with a bit of sci-fi similar to that of Urusei Yatsura and the like (I haven't read or watched Maison Ikkoku so I don't know how similar it is outside of the reference but definitely reminded me of Urusei Yatsura at least).

Another highlight of the year for me, would love a second season.

Go! Go! Loser Ranger! (Japanese) - Episode 7 - 10

Last edited:
Back