Your viewing journal

Gods’ Games we Play episode 13 Eraser. (Complete. A familiar premise but a pretty fun weekly watch. 3/5

Spice and Wolf: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf
episode 13 Fever.

Train to the End of the World episode 12 Wronged. (Complete. An intriguing promise that left me feeling indifferent in execution for the most part.) 3/5

TSUKIMICHI -Moonlit Fantasy- season 2
episode 37 Accept. (Complete. I was happy to see that this second season delivered and season 3 has been confirmed which I’m pleased about.) 4/5

Saint Tail
episodes 28-39

Sailor Victory - Episodes 1 & 2 [Final]

I really like this OVA, it's one of those anime that reminds me why I like anime! It's entertaining, has great animation and I love it's 90's aesthetic.

All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku TV - Episodes 1 - 5

Time to do another chunk of Nuku Nuku, light entertaining fluff.

Kaiju No. 8 - Episodes 9 - 11

I'm still really enjoying this, episode 11 was a cracking episode.

Patlabor 2 Film

I love the 70's conspiracy thriller vibe of Patlabor 2, it's such a great movie.

With its weird, very Go Nagai post-apocalyptic setting, New Cutie Honey is probably the version I find the most appealing, but it is a lot more monster-of-the week than Re was. If you could pick and choose all the best elements from the various iterations of the show, I think you’d get one really great series, but I don’t know, to some extent I feel like maybe the definitive Cutie Honey anime is yet to be made.

I saw New Cutie Honey years ago and I really didn't like it, maybe I need to revisit it and see if my opinion changes.

I thought HAL had some nice ideas but was an average film as a whole.

Suzume (REWATCH, English dubbed)

Roujin Z (REWATCH, English dubbed)

Son of Rambow

I thought Suzume was better second time round as well. Roujin Z is a great film and a favourite of mine for the same reasons you state, I've owned it on 3 formats over the last 30 years. I loved Son of Rambow as well :)

@Orgun yeahno think Pat 2 was my favourite of the 3 movies. I think the first has a cool concept and the “bad guy” was unique. With some time and space, I really liked Pat 3 too. It just seems that it could have been any franchise as the SV2 didn’t seem that involved for most of the film. Not a knock, because it’s still a really fun 2 hours.

Halfway through I'm Giving the Disgraced Noble Lady I Rescued a Crash Course in Naughtiness and very much enjoying it. Nowhere near as naughty as the title claims, this is more a romantic comedy in a magical world. To indicate just how clean it is, they went to a hot spring in episode 5 and wore swimsuits! The animation is acceptable, the subtitles are surprisingly excellent, the characters are good, and the story (so far) is intriguing.

Harem in the Labyrinth of Another World complete series: very strange series. They spend the first ten episodes setting up the "video role playing game world" our hero finds himself trapped in, along with a lot of sexy time with the huge breasted slave (if you're a fan of watching giant breasts being fondled ...), that they forgot about the harem part of the title. So it was episode 11 of 12 when he finally buys his second (sex) slave. The last half of the last episode is basically an orgy with a succession of new fantasy slave girls.

All pretense of a plot thrown away, many hints of things that might happen tossed to the side, and character development ... bah, who needs it.

My only question is how the slave dealer could get away with buying a slave for 30,000 and selling one for 600,000.

Harem in the Labyrinth of Another World complete series: very strange series. They spend the first ten episodes setting up the "video role playing game world" our hero finds himself trapped in, along with a lot of sexy time with the huge breasted slave (if you're a fan of watching giant breasts being fondled ...), that they forgot about the harem part of the title. So it was episode 11 of 12 when he finally buys his second (sex) slave. The last half of the last episode is basically an orgy with a succession of new fantasy slave girls.

All pretense of a plot thrown away, many hints of things that might happen tossed to the side, and character development ... bah, who needs it.

My only question is how the slave dealer could get away with buying a slave for 30,000 and selling one for 600,000.
I was very annoyed that Vesta only turned up at the end.
All I'll say is Tracts.

Chillin' in Another World with Level 2 Super Cheat Powers Episode 12 (Complete)

Gods' Game We Play Episode 13 (Complete)

Spice and Wolf: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 13

TSUKIMICHI -Moonlit Fantasy- Season 2 Episode 37 (Complete... for now.)

Unnamed Memory Episode 12 (Complete... for now.)

Oblivion Battery episode 11 Superhero.

Rinkai! episode 12 Motivation. (Complete. An unremarkable and fairly bland sports anime that I hoped would pick up but the cast and narrative remained rather unmemorable throughout.) 2.5/5

Saint Tail
episodes 40-43 (Complete. A very enjoyable shoujo series that remained charming throughout.) 4/5

Sakura Wars: The Movie (Film)
A decent film entry for the SW franchise. 3/5

Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei
episodes 1-6

Fate/Zero Episodes 11-25 COMPLETE (REWATCH, English dubbed) - Beautifully tragic series, I'm glad I finally got around to rewatching this and it has a very good dub as well :)

Pita-Ten Episodes 16-26 COMPLETE (English subbed) - Delightfully cute, I'm glad I finally finished this, and I'll likely revisit it at some point, had a similar kind of vibe to A Little Snow Fairy Sugar (with which it shares a character designer and possibly some other key creative staff?), honestly I think this show is a bit underappreciated, it's very sweet and I really enjoyed it :)

Kids on the Slope Episodes 5-12 COMPLETE (REWATCH, English subbed) - With friend A, we got through the remaining episodes far more quickly once we started cuddling while we watch them - I think it really helps quiet my anxiety, and this show holds up really well, beautiful music and profoundly moving, it's also one of the few anime I've seen that has a homoromantic friendship that doesn't just feel like pandering, and I appreciate the more feminine style of Watanabe's work on this and Terror in Resonance :)

Toilet Bound Hanako-kun Episode 1 (REWATCH, English subbed) - With friend A, I'm really looking forward to the upcoming reboot but I do still really like this series, my fren seemed to quite like it too (I wanted to watch it with them and see what they thought of it as I reckoned they might like it) :)

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 3 Episodes 2-22 COMPLETE (REWATCH) - With friend B, still really enjoying the show, though I do feel really sad for
Buffy and Faith - I do have a sort of headcanon where they became a couple just cuz that would have been sooo much less sad, not so much a "ship" as just wanting them to be on good terms, though I know this isn't the end of things having seen the whole show before. Faith reminds me of my sister and that made watching this hard for me, I really feel for Faith as the one who everyone thinks can only do slaying/is "stupid" and for Buffy shouldering all that responsibility... honestly elements of this show are just so heartbreaking to me :(

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 4 Episode 1 (REWATCH) - With friend B, def an engaging start, will be interesting to rewatch
BTVS: The College Years :p

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 2 Episode 1 (REWATCH) - With friend C, yes we've picked this back up again now, so that will be fun (not confusing for me, but I can totally see how it could be for some people lol), obviously I've seen this recently w friend B as well, but it's strangely satisfying to look back on Season 2 while rewatching Season 4, it's also nice that this time around everyone didn't just
blame Buffy for having trauma lookin' at u, early episodes of Season 3 :rolleyes:

Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo Episodes 1-24 (English dubbed) - checks Wikipedia for correct spelling of title "no you can't do that, the noodles will still be all cruncheh!" OMG I LOVE this it's so funny and the OP slaps so hard, comedy is obviously a very subjective thing, but I'm also pleased to note that when I've had friends over they've rather enjoyed finishing whatever episode it is I'm in the middle of, before we carry on watching the shows we're watching together, so I'm not the only person I know IRL who likes it, my friend C said he wants to show it to ppl just to see how they react as it's kind of like what people who don't really watch anime think anime is, because it's a send-up of many of the more popular tropes used XD

Helluva Boss Season 2 Episodes 8-9 - With friend B
, god this show is just so good, can't wait for Episode 10! The music in Ep 9 was also beautiful :)

The Owl House Season 1 Episodes 4-6 - With friend B, I like this but wish it was a bit less slice of life/episode of the week atm :)

Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works Episodes 0-12 (English dubbed) - Excellent, if perhaps not quite as good as Fate/Zero, I do plan to finish this and watch the Fate/Heaven's Feel films soonish, I'm not sure what is the next main story Fate anime after that :)

Dr. Stone Season 1 Episodes 1-4 (English subbed) - Fun, though perhaps a bit too shonen-y in it's approach for 35 year old woman me, it's unfortunate I didn't take to the dub slightly more, as then I probably would have whizzed through this, I do plan to finish S1 at least, but not sure I'll keep going with it beyond that, will look into what reviews and general consensus are on the quality of the anime after S1 which I know was a fairly big hit :)

Lupin the 3rd Part 5/V/Misadventures in France Episodes 1-13 (English dubbed) - With friend D (I think that's their letter? XP) who is a big Lupin fan, this is really fun, though I will probably keep the rest of it to watch with them when they visit, I am likely to pick up Part 6 on the strength of Parts 4-5, based on what I have seen so far :)

Cardcaptor Sakura Episodes 1-4 (REWATCH, English subbed) - As lovely as it ever was, heartwarming and cute and Tomoyo is one of the best 8 year old lesbians in all fiction (are the main cast of Sakura's age 8 or 10? I'm not actually clear on that point tbh, but anyway she rocks!) :)

Re Buffy S3.
I don't own any Buffy DVDs so I can't rewatch (watched the whole 7 on air night) but one of episodes I have fond vague memories of is Band Candy.
Can't remember much but I think I was amused by Mum and Giles??

Re Buffy S3.
I don't own any Buffy DVDs so I can't rewatch (watched the whole 7 on air night) but one of episodes I have fond vague memories of is Band Candy.
Can't remember much but I think I was amused by Mum and Giles??

OMG yes that episode is so fun, Snyder is a bit more likeable for once back when he wasn't so jaded (you can see why he's regarded as a bit of a camp icon here), and they get great payoff on Giles and Joyce (Buffy's mum) in the episode where
Buffy can hear everyone's thoughts - "You had sex with Giles? On a police car? Twice??" and then at the end when Giles asks Buffy if she's up for some slayer training after school "Sure, I can do that, if you're not too busy having sex with my mother!" and then Giles walks into a tree, I almost died laughing XD I also love the occasional interactions between Joyce and Spike - they are too cute!

Watched the second half of I'm Giving the Disgraced Noble Lady I Rescued a Crash Course in Naughtiness. Excellent sweet innocent soppy romance with some magical battles and a massive cliff-hanger ending. There had better be a series 2 in the works! I need to see the people who tried to destroy young Charlotte pay for their crimes.

Back