Your viewing journal

Date A Live V Episode 12 (Complete)

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 3 Episode 61

The Irregular at Magic High School Season 3 Episode 13 (Complete)

The Misfit at Demon King Academy II Part 2 Episode 35

The Strongest Magician in the Demon Lord's Army was a Human Episode 1

Got distracted again. Work followed by footy hasn't left much time in the last 2 weeks.

Undead Unluck eps 4-9
Seems all episodes are now on Disney+ and I can watch it without turning the PS4 on in this heat.
Lots of shounen battle show nonsense, although some moving moments and some amusing ones too.

Yesterday:

The Reincarnation Of The Strongest Exorcist In Another World -
Episodes 1-3

Today:

The Reincarnation Of The Strongest Exorcist In Another World -
Episodes 4-7

Kaiju No. 8 episode 12 A need to get stronger. (Complete. This was a seasonal highlight which is just as well after all the weekly countdown hype.) 4/5

My Hero Academia 7th Season
episode 147 Tear.

Ooi! Tonbo episode 13 Proposal. (Complete. A golfing anime that’s likely to be overlooked but offered a solid story and I’d like another season one day.) 3.5/5

The Fable
episode 13 Hands off.

Tonari no Youkai-San episode 13 Reversing the damage. (Complete. This was a decent fantasy anime for the season, excepting the last episode which I wish had a bit longer to conclude.) 3.5/5

Whisper Me a Love Song
episode 10 Unrequited.

Yatagarasu: The Raven Does not Choose its Master episode 13 Loathe.

School Rumble episodes 19-26 & OVAs (Complete. A likeable comedy series that I think I checked out a long time ago but am revisiting properly now.) 3.5/5

School Rumble: 2nd Semester
episodes 1-14

Last edited:
Well, the worst of both worlds.
Paid to have my TV repaired and it's lasted 48 hours. Now I'm buying a new one.
So I stuck on the last 3 episodes of Jujutsu Kaisen S1. It's finally over and can't see me continuing unless there's a super sale on.
Watched a bit more of Uzaki-chan and it's now going in to the unfinished box. Although might put it up for sale.
Thank goodness it wasn't a £45 title.

Well, the worst of both worlds.
Paid to have my TV repaired and it's lasted 48 hours. Now I'm buying a new one.
So I stuck on the last 3 episodes of Jujutsu Kaisen S1. It's finally over and can't see me continuing unless there's a super sale on.
Watched a bit more of Uzaki-chan and it's now going in to the unfinished box. Although might put it up for sale.
Thank goodness it wasn't a £45 title.
Sucks about the TV dude.

With JJK, I’d say the movie is worth a watch, nice animation and cool fights too. S2 was alright but the animation is very up and down when they were up against deadlines.

Fatal Fury OVAs & Movie

Lumping these all in together as I watched them all in one go. The first OVA had nice animation but suffered from super short fights (I swear the final fight seemed over in a few seconds). The second one had a drop in animation quality (maybe it had less budget or the same but was 15mins longer) but then had some nice action in it. The movie had awesome animation in parts and then others it was like the animators were struggling to stay on model with characters. Still, the fights were cool when they were extended. The one by the pool was great.

The stories were pretty forgettable but still, the whole adventure was a fun 3+ hours with popcorn and a beer. I’d say it’s worth importing if you’re a fan of fighting game animation and want something to watch after Street Fighter but it’s not going to be setting your mind ablaze.

Also, the second OVA had the best line I’ve seen in any anime…

IMG_9449.jpeg

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Hashira Training Arc episode 8 The human will. (Complete. For a training arc this was a lot of fun and I’m looking forward to the Infinity Castle movie trilogy.) 4/5

Go! Go! Loser Ranger!
episode 12 Wound. (Complete. An interesting premise and I look forward to the second season.) 3.5/5

Mission: Yozakura Family
episode 13 To protect.

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation II Part 2 episode 24 Parents. (Complete. A strong continuation with a lot of ups and downs for the characters - no pun intended on Rudy’s part. Great to see III has been confirmed as well!) 4/5

One Piece
episode 1110 Stone.

Sound! Euphonium 3 episode 13 To the future. (Complete. This ended up being very divisive for me, with the overall central conflict of the season, and how KyoAni changed its outcome from the source material being key reasons.) 3/5

School Rumble: 2nd Semester
episodes 15-26 & OVAs, School Rumble: 3rd Semester OVA (Complete. Consistent with the first season though the 3rd Semester OVA was a poor ending for the story.) 3.5/5, 2/5

Yuru Camp season 2 complete (for some reason, my subconscious keeps wanting to type Yuri Camp, but that would be a different show!): Delightful travelogue of camping spots in the Mt Fuji area, starting with a look back to Rin's very first attempt at camping and ending with a four part special all-in trip to the Izu peninsula (a lovely place, but I kept expecting them to see the girls from Amamchu scuba diving in the waters). I also enjoyed the capybara hot springs, as would Gosetsu from I'm Giving the Disgraced Noble Lady I Rescued a Crash Course in Naughtiness, which I watched last week. Capybaras ahoy!

Back