Your viewing journal

Under Ninja
Episodes 1-7
Really like the MC. Confused a bit but easy to watch as each episode is over in 10 minutes. Well, it seems like it.
Very funny.

I enjoyed Under Ninja too. The time skip does make stuff way more confusing than it needs to be and I didn’t think it added much to it to be honest. Great show and I’d be disappointed if they didn’t continue it.

Re: Cutie Honey OVAs

I went in blind to these other than knowing it’s Go Nagai, so I was expecting ludicrous results. Oh, and Anno was the Chief Director.

Absolutely bonkers in the best way. Generally I’m not a massive fan of excessive fan service but this produced it in such an over the top way that it was hilarious. The transformation sequences alone had me closing the curtains so the neighbours wouldn’t see 🤣

I ordered New Cutie Honey off of the back of this (although I’m prepared for it not to be as over the top and as silly as this). Brilliant.

IMG_9268.jpeg

Re: Cutie Honey OVAs

I went in blind to these other than knowing it’s Go Nagai, so I was expecting ludicrous results. Oh, and Anno was the Chief Director.

Absolutely bonkers in the best way. Generally I’m not a massive fan of excessive fan service but this produced it in such an over the top way that it was hilarious. The transformation sequences alone had me closing the curtains so the neighbours wouldn’t see 🤣

I ordered New Cutie Honey off of the back of this (although I’m prepared for it not to be as over the top and as silly as this). Brilliant.

View attachment 34506
I was just about to ask your thoughts on this one heh. I've always been curious given the Anno connection but didn't realize it was based on Go Nagai's work. Is this streaming anywhere?

I enjoyed Under Ninja too. The time skip does make stuff way more confusing than it needs to be and I didn’t think it added much to it to be honest. Great show and I’d be disappointed if they didn’t continue it.
I'm okay with the flashbacks as they put the date up.
Kuro is very amusing as the skilled but can't be bothered guy.
It's rare that I like most characters.
I only started it last Tuesday.

Been rather busy lately so, despite the pending pile continuing to grow, I've been comfort watching old favourites.

Currently re-enjoying My Dress Up Darling. Hanging out with Shizuko is like trying to ride a whirlwind, just watching her is exhausting. The music is subtle but very evocative. Don't know if I noticed it last time, what with all the cute girls and cosplaying tips.

I will watch something new soon .... promise!

I was just about to ask your thoughts on this one heh. I've always been curious given the Anno connection but didn't realize it was based on Go Nagai's work. Is this streaming anywhere?

I bought the Discotek release, so I watched that. It’s one of those “Anno is a fan” projects where he just turns the volume of every thing up to 11 except the tits and are which get turned up to 69 (duuuude). I think all 3 episodes clock in under 2 and a half hours total, so it’s a quick ride but worth it for the pure ridiculousness.

Patlabor 2 Film

I’m gonna say it, it was better than the first one. Rare example. The backgrounds are awesome, the Pats look cool in their flak jackets. The plot was slow, mysterious and brooding and then the end action sequence was really cool. I didn’t mind that the whole squad wasn’t in it throughout but they all got their face time in the end (well except Kanuca).

IMG_9269.jpeg

KonoSuba! God's Blessing on this Wonderful World! (Season 3) (Japanese) - Episode 9 - 10

Black Butler: Public School Arc (Japanese) - Episode 8 - 9

My Hero Academia (Season 7) (Japanese) - Episode 143 - 144

Kaiju No. 8 (English) - Episode 8 - 9

Last edited:
Astro Note episode 11 Reaction.

Nijiyon Animation 2 episode 11 Sing together.

That Time I Got Reincarnated As a Slime Season 3 episode 59 Draw and dinner.

The Misfit of Demon King Academy II Part 2 episode 48 Secret song.

The iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors episode 11 Showtime.

The Irregular at Magic High School Season 3 episode 50 Gorgeous.

Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Elysion episodes 1-6 & Saint Seiya: The Heaven Chapter - Overture (Film) A shorter but still engaging series and a film sequel to cap it off. 3.5/5, 3.5/5

Saint Seiya: Soul of Gold
ONAs 1-13 (Complete. Not perhaps as strong as the Hades Chapter offerings but a decent side story overall.) 3/5

Would love to hear your thoughts when you finish it.
I am off for a few days next week and I haven't decided whether to finish today or save it until Wednesday. There's football and darts on the TV.
When I'm enjoying something, I go by the twisted logic of making it last longer by not watching it.
At the moment, it is my all time favourite this month.

Astro Note Episode 11

HIGHSPEED Étoile Episode 11

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 3 Episode 59

The Irregular at Magic High School Season 3 Episode 11

The Misfit at Demon King Academy II Part 2 Episode 34

My Hero Academia (Season 7) - Episode 145

Kaiju No. 8 (English) - Episode 10

Black Butler: Public School Arc (Japanese) - Episode 10

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - Hashira Training Arc (Japanese) - Episode 4 - 5

Back