Your viewing journal

Costco must have stores all over the world - we have them here in the US, so I had a big chuckle when I saw that episode myself. :)
Yeah, worlds 3rd biggest retail company behind Walmart and Amazon apparently! I knew they had stores in Japan from YouTube videos, but it was weird seeing it in anime form.
Thinking about it, the dude owns a bar, so a wholesaler's gonna be the shop of choice.

Oblivion Battery episode 9 In your memory.

Rinkai! episode 10 Wanting to win.

Rune Soldier episodes 13-24 (Complete. A fairly good fantasy anime that isn’t as strong as other offerings from the era.) 3/5

Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Sanctuary
episodes 1-2

Bartender: Glass of God episode 11 Within the bottle.

Date A Live V episode 10 Evil woman.

KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on This Wonderful World! 3 episode 10 White wedding.

Mysterious Disappearances episode 10 Go beyond.

The Many Sides of Voice Actor Radio episode 10 Grill magistrate.

Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Sanctuary episodes 3-13 (Complete. A solid continuation to the Saint Seiya series. I’ve got several series’ from the franchise to work through next.) 3.5/5

Patlabor: The Early Days OVAs

So my first exposure to the franchise was seeing the first movie at the Barbican years back. So I won’t lie, I was a little confused when I watched these and at first it seemed like work place comedy with some action and/or suspense elements on top. It left me a little disappointed, as it reminded me of New Dominion Tank Police more than the movie I’d seen. I love Tank Police, but I think my expectations were in a different place.

Once I settled into it more, I did come to enjoy the series more and more. I think the two parter and final episode really shone. Also the extra time with the characters helped flesh everyone out, so that I could enjoy my next watch a little bit more…

Patlabor: The Movie Film

Like I said before, I’ve seen this quite a few years ago but I couldn’t remember too much about the plot. Generally I like the tone of the film more, I especially liked the brooding atmosphere when the crimes division detective is looking around all the old slums. I think the visuals on these sections look like prototype Ghost in the Shell backgrounds. Love it.

Visually the film is on point and the action looks cool. The story is pretty unique and I think how the “big bad” is portrayed just makes them more menacing. I’m looking forward to watching the next movie tonight.

IMG_9244.jpeg

The Patlabor movies have a much more serious tone to them than the series, and the second movie is the best. The series has a lot of comedy in it, almost too much for me, as I'm really not a fan of comedy.
I think it was an expectation thing, went in with one thing in mind and then it wasn’t 100%. Still, enjoyable but I preferred the serious tone more. That said, I’ll watch the other series in the boxset and just adjust expectations to comedy.

An Archdemon's Dilemma: How to Love Your Elf Bride Episode 12 (Complete)

Delicious in Dungeon Episode 24 (Complete)

Urusei Yatsura (2022) 2nd Season Episode 45

Yuru Camp△ Season 3 Episode 11

An Archdemon’s Dilemma: How to Love Your Elf Bride episode 12 Poco. (Complete. A fairly inoffensive series but not one I’d be in a rush to revisit.) 3/5

A Salad Bowl of Eccentrics
episode 11 Winter break in June.

Dungeon Meshi episode 24 Dungeon food. (Complete. This has been an enjoyable series so far and I’m keen to see what the second season brings.) 4/5

Yuru Camp△ Season 3
episode 11 On your bike.

Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Inferno episodes 1-12 (Complete. For me this was a slightly better watch than its predecessor overall.) 3.5/5

Delicious in Dungeon (English) - Episode 23 - 24 (Complete)

I'm going to miss this series (until season two rolls around anyway), the characters were so much fun to watch each week and they bounce of each other really well. I felt the English cast did a great job as well which made it even better. The food itself always made me hungry or peckish so usually watched this during a meal which I imagine a lot of people would possibly end up doing as well. I also did this when watching Food Wars back when it was airing. The art and animation were also great as well which is no shock considering it's Trigger but seeing as this is different than their regular stuff they still did a stellar job. Big fan of the opening and ending songs as well which is always a plus. Can't wait until season two, this is definitely one of the highlights for me this year.

The Iceblade Sorcerer shall rule the World
Episodes 4-7

Classroom of the Elite S3
Episode 1

Ninja Kamui
Episodes 1+2
Well there's plenty of action but I'm a bit cold towards it.

The Fruit of Evolution S1
Episodes 1+2
Just my humour. Looking forward to the reunion.

The Demon Sword Master of Excalibur Academy
Episodes 1-7
Overlord prequel. 🙄

Gushing over Magical Girls
Episode 1
I won't be watching this with the window open.

Under Ninja
Episodes 1-7
Really like the MC. Confused a bit but easy to watch as each episode is over in 10 minutes. Well, it seems like it.
Very funny.

Back