Your viewing journal

Chillin' in Another World with Level 2 Super Cheat Powers (Dub) (Ep 1-7)
That Time I Got Reincarnated As a Slime Season 3 (Dub) (Ep 48.5-53)

Last edited:
Stardust Telepath ep 7
Licence.

Jujutsu Kaisen s2 eps 21-23 (dub) (complete)
Swallowed whole.
Pretty much the entire season had at least one fight per episode with very little down time leaving each one no room to breath and thus lacking any particular impact and the reveal at the end as to the why (having Itadori beat the crap out of one of the bad guys so the big bad could steal his power. I mean he should have been strong enough to do that himself!) seemed a bit weak compared to the bigger reason which has already happened earlier (the capture of Gojo). The quality of the fights were a mixed bag too, some too OTT, others pretty good and some a bit dull!
The art and animation were good although seemed to go off model a fair bit. The fights were too fast a lot of the time!
7/10 (gave the film and series 1 8s, and I didn't like this as much, sometimes that still gets the same score, but this just felt a bit of a lesser series than 1)

Assassin's Pride
I had got to episode 8 during March or April.
Decided to do a forced watch to the end so I can put this away or sell.
The only character I liked was the guy that gave the MC his mission in ep1.

Boring. And I waited months for it.

I'd rather see Dave Lee Travis play Macbeth.

Astro Note (Japanese) - Episode 8

My Hero Academia (Season 7) (Japanese) - Episode 142

Kaiju No. 8 (English) - Episode 7

Black Butler: Public School Arc (Japanese) - Episode 7

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - Hashira Training Arc (Japanese) - Episode 3

Delicious in Dungeon (English) - Episode 21 - 22

Air (English) - Episode 5 - 8

Dead Dead Demons Dededede Destruction (English) - Episode 0 - 1

Bartender: Glass of God episode 10 Dice.

Date A Live V episode 9 Relaxation service.

KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on This Wonderful World! 3 episode 9 Roleplay.

Mysterious Disappearances episode 9 Retirement.

The Many Sides of Voice Actor Radio episode 9 Christmas karaoke in June.

Reincarnated as a Sword episodes 7-12 (Complete. This ended up being rather enjoyable, more so than I was anticipating which is a nice bonus.) 3.5/5

Rental Magica (Chronological Order)
episodes 1-5

Stardust Telepath eps 8 & 9
Prep and competition.

Still got some sequels from Autumn to go, but thought I'd start some of the new [EDIT]Winter titles instead. Looking at MAL and what you guys have said here I'm cutting Chained Soldier, Meiji Gekken: 1874, Metallic Rouge and Tales of Wedding Rings from my initial PTW list. And I watched a couple of episode 1s:

Hokkaido Gals Are Super Adorable! ep 1 (dub)
Seems OK, will reserve final judgement until after meeting the other gals.

'Tis Time for "Torture", Princess ep 1
No dub for this one. Again fun enough, although the gag is already a bit old with it happening 3 times in this episode!

Last edited:
Sound! Euphonium Season 2

Another season done in quick succession. A good continuation from season 1 with all its pros and cons. I pretty much enjoy everything about the series with the exception (and this is true of all media) the inability of people to just talk like normal humans. So much of the series could have been solved by just having a chat with someone. I know, then the series would be like 3 episodes long 🤣

That said, I really liked the expanded story with MC and her sister. I felt the drama there was a lot less forced. I did enjoy the expanded cast in this series even if the MC two sidekick friends did take a backseat.

Entirely disappointed by lack of out of context innuendo…

Liz and the Blue Bird Film

I can see why there is so much love for this film. I’m glad I watched the first two series first, although this is billed as a stand alone, I feel that the knowledge of what happened to Nozomi and Mizore in their first year adds more emotional weight to the story.

I cannot work out if Mizore is neurodivergent or “just” has crippling anxiety (that being a massive thing too). I’m glad it’s not spelled out either way.

I wish there was a little more of the fable in the film as I enjoyed that greatly. The story helps illustrate the co-dependancy Nozomi and Mizore have for each other. Also, they looked fantastic and they make me feel nostalgic for something that I can’t put my finger on.

A great film, an afternoon well spent.

IMG_9146.jpeg

Sound! Euphonium: Our Promise: A Brand New Day Film

Wow, all the grammar in that title. Another banger, more of the same but with a more condensed story it felt like a lot of the more “silly” drama gets resolved quicker.

I think it’s easy to compare to Liz and Blue Bird. I imagine most people prefer Liz, I would agree it’s a better film. However, as a shot of Sound! Euphonium to the face, Our Promise does the job better. I definitely think in the “no think, more fun” way this film wins out. I’ll be picking this one up in the future for sure. Now… onto the Ensemble Contest!

An Archdemon’s Dilemma: How to Love Your Elf Bride episode 11 Carve a path.

A Salad Bowl of Eccentrics episode 10 Doll.

Dungeon Meshi episode 23 Lock.

Yuru Camp△ Season 3 episode 10 Retro.

Rental Magica (Chronological Order) episodes 6-17

Spice and Wolf: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf (Japanese) - Episode 9

KonoSuba! God's Blessing on this Wonderful World! (Season 3) (Japanese) - Episode 8

Bartender: Glass of God (Japanese) - Episode 9

A Condition Called Love (Japanese) - Episode 9

Armored Police Metal Jack - Episodes 28 - 37 [Final]

After that mid series bump Metal Jack's plot became inconsistent and failed to build on the interesting plot developments from the previous run of episodes, at least it wrapped everything up properly. A very average series, it wasn't bad in any sense but hardly a highlight of the genre.

Kaiju No. 8 - Episode 8

Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 ep1

I have the ADV DVDs of BGC 2040 and watched it maybe 15 years ago. I thought it was quite a mediocre series and a pale imitation of the greatness of the original OVA.

Eps 1-6 of Gundam Build Fighters

The original series of GBF was fantastic and I really got into it after a few episodes (I was a bit unsure about it at the very beginning) and none of the sequels have been able to replicate it so far imho.

Last edited:
Stardust Telepath ep 10
Supporting others dreams.

More first episodes from [EDIT]Winter:
The Unwanted Undead Adventurer ep 1
Sub only again. An OK fantasy show where a solo low level adventurer stumbles into a high level area and is killed, but revives as a sentient skeleton. He has kill his way through other monsters to rank himself up the undead monster ranking. Seems he'll get a bevvy of beauties to help him too, at some point.

A Sign of Affection ep 1 (dub)
Deaf girl falls for a guy who helps her out on the train and coincidentally her friend at uni knows him! So they hatch a plan to get his contact details and it works! Seems sweet enough and as they kiss in the OP there's not going to be too much of the "will they, won't they" stuff.
I am confused about her deafness though, she wears hearing aids, but didn't seem to hear anything when on the train, but next day seems to hear her friend? Also she knows sign language, but her friend and even her mother don't! Unless in the one scene with her mother she thought writing on a board would be quicker?

The Witch and the Beast ep 1 (dub)
Supernatural action. A couple of Witch hunters track down their quarry, but it's more personal for one of them.

Last edited:
Sound! Euphonium: Ensemble Contest Ova

I’m gonna say it, best one yet. Great performances by the main cast with some newbies thrown in and some of the third years showing up for good measure. I loved the concise story, sure I’d have loved for it to be 90 mins rather than 55 mins but it got in, did what it needed to do and got out again.

I can see why people are annoyed there is no release for this one. Definitely something I’d import given the chance. Fun times…

I’m tempted to jump into season 3 but also I want to session the whole thing, so I might wait until close to the end of the season and take a Sound breather… who knows.

Back