Your viewing journal

the big controversy is episode 0 being a section from later on in the manga. a lot of people are saying to skip it, but personally I think it's OK for the anime to use it as a framing device for the story.
I'd second that and it wouldn't make any sense for creators to put out an episode they didn't want viewers to watch or that would spoil the story - there's clearly a purpose for that. I also thought it was quite a cool way to have the viewer empathically share the disorientation of the character with the world he now inhabits.

An Archdemon's Dilemma: How to Love Your Elf Bride Episode 10

Date A Live V Episode 8

Delicious in Dungeon Episode 22

KonoSuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! 3 Episode 8

Unnamed Memory Episode 8

Urusei Yatsura (2022) 2nd Season Episode 43

Yuru Camp△ Season 3 Episode 9

Astro Note episode 9 Happylicious.

Nijiyon Animation 2 episode 9 Converse.

That Time I Got Reincarnated As a Slime Season 3 episode 57 Intention.

The Misfit of Demon King Academy II Part 2 episode 46 Sleep.

The iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors episode 9 Goals.

The Irregular at Magic High School Season 3 episode 48 Spell.

Psychic Squad episodes 31-51 (Complete. This was a very fun series another hidden gem of the 2000s that deserves a license rescue.) 3.5/5

PSYCHO-PASS: Providence (Film)
An engaging film with quite the gut-punch of an ending. 4/5

Next:
Jujutsu Kaisen s2 eps 6-8 (dub)
Actually a continuation of a Summer show rather than an Autumn show. I decided to switch to dub because the power system is so complex I just got distracted from the action by reading the subs. Although now instead of reading gobbledygook I'm hearing gobbledygook and I still can't follow the action because, in these episodes at least, it was blurry as hell!

Stardust Telepath ep 5
Making a club and school trip.

Great Pretender razbliuto (dub)
Why the f*** hasn't this been dubbed? That's how I watched the series on Netflix!

Rewatched a few shows on my hols, including most of Cat Planet Cuties. Started watching Invaders of the Rokujyoma on the train on the way home, but realised it probably a bit too saucy for first class, so went back to the Muppet Show. I think I shall make a start on Somali and the Forest Spirit, which arrived while I was away.

Astro Note Episode 9

HIGHSPEED Étoile Episode 9

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 3 Episode 57

The Irregular at Magic High School Season 3 Episode 9

The Misfit at Demon King Academy II Part 2 Episode 32

Black Butler: Public School Arc episode 8 Missing persons.

Jellyfish Can’t Swim in the Night episode 9 True feelings.

Kaiju No. 8 episode 8 Ribbons.

My Hero Academia 7th Season episode 143 Ultimate goal.

Ooi! Tonbo episode 9 Leaving home.

Studio Apartment, Good Lighting, Angel Included episode 10 Understanding feelings.

The Fable episode 9 Too close.

Tonari no Youkai-San episode 9 Sinking.

Whisper Me a Love Song episode 9 Catching up.

Yatagarasu: The Raven Does not Choose its Master episode 9 The world beyond.

Queen Esmereldas OVAs 1-4 (Complete. A solid spin-off series for the Captain Harlock franchise.) 3.5/5

RAINBOW
episodes 1-12, 14-15

Last edited:
Delicious in Dungeon ep22

Kaiju No.8 ep8

Bubblegum Crisis 2040 ep2-4

After a very flat first couple of episodes, this does feel like it’s staggering into life. One of my main complaints initially was that the show had little sense of its own identity, but the boomers’ transformation upon going mad feels a lot gooier in an 80s horror movie fashion compared to the original, and that might give the show something. I do wish the character designs were more interesting though. I wouldn’t want to be the poor bugger who has to follow on from Sonoda, but none of the cast look particularly memorable anymore.

Dororo Complete series

A nice 24 episode banger. A cool, creepy and action filled series with beautiful water colour backgrounds. The second half does become less creepy and more action packed, but both work for me. It feels like Demon Slayer is close to Dororo but with all the Shonen Jump trappings placed on top (fantasy powers, 5 episode fights etc).

I’m glad I picked this up when it was AoL deal of the week, it was worth the money and then some. I’m also thankful I watched it sooner than let it sit in the pile of shame for a while.

IMG_9118.jpeg

Somali and the Forest Spirit complete series: I enjoyed that, but I realised I was a monster about half-way through the first episode when, if I was the golem, I would have been happy to see the kid being eaten and go back to my forest. The visuals were glorious and the US VA's were good. If golem's have an expiry date, that implies someone/something is creating new ones. Many mysteries but I'm guessing no answers.

Now watching a very dumb movie called Dragon Wars, which might possibly be worth the 40p I paid for it. It all depends on the dragons.

Lady Georgie episodes 16-18: Rapp the koala finds love, but the humans are more complicated.

Ghost Stories episodes 11-20: excellent series with some good tense stories, near death experiences and startle moments, as long as you stick with the subtitles. If, however, you're after a bunch of juvenile jokes about retards, homos, underage sex, obscure US celebrities of the early 00s and bodily functions, then you're welcome to go for the dubbed version. It's amazing how a group of kids who are constantly fighting spirits and yokai can be both crybabies and sceptics. They're worse than the Scooby gang!

Back