Your viewing journal

Black Butler: Public School Arc episode 10 Evolving dead.

Jellyfish Can’t Swim in the Night episode 11 My art.

Kaiju No. 8 episode 10 Voice.

My Hero Academia 7th Season episode 145 Growth.

Ooi! Tonbo episode 11 Barefoot brilliance.

Studio Apartment, Good Lighting, Angel Included episode 12 Soar. (Complete. A calm and fun series that ended up being better than I expected.) 3.5/5

The Fable
episode 11 Tight spot.

Tonari no Youkai-San episode 11 Investigation.

Yatagarasu: The Raven Does not Choose its Master episode 11 Own initiative.

Saint Seiya: Omega episodes 1-21

Last edited:
Delicious in Dungeon ep24 [end]

No fancy fight scene to close out the season, but that felt like the perfect place to stop. It’s taken me a long time to get used to the show’s unexpected excursions into body horror, but it’s been a very enjoyable run overall and I’ll miss not having this as a weekly.

Also “Let’s save Falin by eating roughly 50% of her” is absolutely the most on brand conclusion they could have reached here, now excuse me while I actually vomit…

Konosuba s3 ep9-10

It’s a shame that the end of the series is so close at hand, I think this last arc has been a real return to form.

Re: Cutie Honey OVAs

I ordered New Cutie Honey off of the back of this (although I’m prepared for it not to be as over the top and as silly as this). Brilliant.

With its weird, very Go Nagai post-apocalyptic setting, New Cutie Honey is probably the version I find the most appealing, but it is a lot more monster-of-the week than Re was. If you could pick and choose all the best elements from the various iterations of the show, I think you’d get one really great series, but I don’t know, to some extent I feel like maybe the definitive Cutie Honey anime is yet to be made.

It still pains me that they didn’t get Science Saru to do Universe

Some of the stuff I watched today:
HAL: interesting premise of a robot helper to nurse someone over grief, in a world where high tech and simple living meet, but I felt the big surprise near the end did sort of mean everything we'd seen up to that point was a lie. Looked lovely, though.

Mulan live action: I have to say I prefer the Disney version (and it's not often you'd catch me saying that!). That whole nobility of personal sacrifice for the future of the country, with the stirring music and heroic deaths ... I preferred the ghosts and the midget dragon. And was it just me, or did General Weiwei look the spitting image of Bishop in Aliens?

The Iceblade Sorcerer shall rule the World
Episodes 7+8
Picked up again.

Gushing over Magical Girls
Episode 2
This reminds me off the anime that Plug would watch in Judan Chan.

Solo Leveling
Episodes 1-3
Takes a bit to get going but hopefully it picks up now.

The Fruit of Evolution S1
Episodes 4-7
Consistent fun and another girl.
The donkey!

The Demon Sword Master of Excalibur Academy
Up to episode 8

Under Ninja
Episodes 8+9
Thankfully the football and darts prevented me finishing this masterpiece too quickly. Now I can spend 3 days letting the anticipation build.
Kuro might be the greatest hero ever.😁
And although you might want to date the prettiest girl in school. Just don't.

Cypher
This is a 2003 film with Lucy Lui.
Even though a rewatch, I still got that " what the hell's going on feeling". Lovely.

Miami Vice S1
The Home Invaders
Don't particularly like the films of Abel Ferrara apart from King of New York.
However he has directed some great TV episodes and I hadn't watched this while knowing he directed it. Much darker.

Can't wait till Wednesday.

Patlabor 3: WXIII Film

I can see why people call this a side story. You could have replaced the SV2 with anyone and it would have worked. Plot wise it doesn’t hold a candle to the other two movies but it’s a fun ride. My biggest gripe, while looking fantastic, the SV2 characters looked a little off to me. I guess that’s because it’s Production IG instead of Studio Deen.

Still, a fun film with some good action and an entertaining story, all animated to a high standard.

Blue Archive The Animation episode 11 Serious look.

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Hashira Training Arc episode 6 King of the mountain.

Go! Go! Loser Ranger! episode 10 What to do.

Grandpa and Grandma Turn Young Again episode 11 Moving on. (Complete. Though this was a wholesome affair I wasn’t quite as engaged with the series as I have been with other SoL anime.) 3/5

Mission: Yozakura Family
episode 11 Fear.

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation II Part 2 episode 22 Father and son.

Sound! Euphonium 3 episode 11 Decisions.

The Duke of Death and His Maid Season 3 episode 35 Embrace.

Saint Seiya: Omega episodes 22-36

Last edited:
Astro Note (Japanese) - Episode 9 - 11

Spice and Wolf: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf (Japanese) - Episode 10 - 11

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - Hashira Training Arc (Japanese) - Episode 6

Last edited:
Patlabor 3: WXIII Film

I can see why people call this a side story. You could have replaced the SV2 with anyone and it would have worked. Plot wise it doesn’t hold a candle to the other two movies but it’s a fun ride. My biggest gripe, while looking fantastic, the SV2 characters looked a little off to me. I guess that’s because it’s Production IG instead of Studio Deen.

Still, a fun film with some good action and an entertaining story, all animated to a high standard.
I haven't watched the first 2 but picked up the 3rd DVD from righstuf at their last sale.
For a dollar. A dollar.
Not being much of a mecha fan (as much as I try) I liked the fact it turned into a detective story.

I haven't watched the first 2 but picked up the 3rd DVD from righstuf at their last sale.
For a dollar. A dollar.
Not being much of a mecha fan (as much as I try) I liked the fact it turned into a detective story.
You’d enjoy the other two films then as they have about one more mecha fight in 🤣 they are mostly detective or political based thrillers where there happens to be a robot instead of a police car at some point 🤣

As a Reincarnated Aristocrat, I'll Use My Appraisal Skill to Rise in the World Episode 11

Blue Archive The Animation Episode 11

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Hashira Training Arc Episode 6

Mission: Yozakura Family Episode 11

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation II Part 2 Episode 46

The Duke of Death and His Maid Season 3 Episode 35

Angel Cop OVAs

What the hell have I just watched? Before saying anything else, I watched the dub and not “that version” of the sub 😳 given the order of the world right now, I just couldn’t do that to myself.

Thankfully the dub is also noteworthy for more fun reasons, mostly that it’s a bonkers swear fest loaded with cheesy one liners. This was the most 80s action film anime I’ve ever seen. I’m so dizzy from all the eye rolling. Considering all that, it did have its charms. I don’t think I’ll be rushing to rewatch but this is definitely one to watch with friends so you can enjoy the absurdity together.

If that’s justice, then I’m a banana!

IMG_9298.jpeg

Bartender: Glass of God (Japanese) - Episode 10 - 11

A Condition Called Love (Japanese) - Episode 10 - 11

Dead Dead Demons Dededede Destruction (English) - Episode 2 - 3

Spice and Wolf: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf (Japanese) - Episode 12

Go! Go! Loser Ranger! (Japanese) - Episode 5 - 6

Gods’ Games we Play episode 12 Beach discovery.

Spice and Wolf: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf episode 12 Breaking even.

TSUKIMICHI -Moonlit Fantasy- season 2 episode 36 Prison of swords.

Saint Seiya: Omega episodes 37-49

Back