Your viewing journal

Psycho Pass Episode 1

I was getting serious Stand Alone Complex vibes off of this until all of the rape started happening. I was expecting this to be more of a Mature as in serious themes that you actually have to be an adult to understand "mature" rather than the sex and violence (along with a slight inkling of actually mature themes) "mature". Its still good but i was expecting slightly more from the episode but then again its just the first episode. Positives were definitely the great art direction, animation and music. Everything looked and sounded cool but i'm waitng to see what Urobuchi does with this premise now cause If it anything like the 8 episodes of Fate/Zero and the 4 episodes of Madoka i have watched, it should be really special. Its looking like this'll either be amazing or crap with nothing inbetween. :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mushi-shi Ep.11-14

Btooom! Ep.2

While the 1st episode was okay I thought this one was much better.

Robotic;Notes Ep.1

Inevitably it'll be hard not to compare it with Steins;Gate but I'll do my best not to. A decent enough start though.

K Ep.2

I'm not sure exactly what this show is aiming for yet, transforming naked, well endowed girls are always a plus, I love the wee cleaning robots too.

Psycho-Pass Ep.1

The blood explosion was cool, the shot of the guy picking up the gun with the hand still attached was a nice touch too. Intrigued to see where this series goes.

Medaka Box: Abnormal Ep.1

Yay, it's back. Great action and good fanservice too :D What's not to like?

I think that's everything debuted for the season now, it's a great start to the season anyway. Plenty of shows, busiest one in quite a while for me.

Pokemon Black & White Ep.22

Need to get back to this and catch up, wasn't sure where exactly I left off but it was round about this episode, which I did remember seeing first time around.

Blast of Tempest 2
Continues to be an excellent adaptation of the manga.

Btooom 2
Likewise, a very uncomfortable episode to watch, but a strong one.
20thCenturyBoy said:

Need to get back to this and catch up, wasn't sure where exactly I left off but it was round about this episode, which I did remember seeing first time around.
I need to catch up on this as well! I left off at episode 29. Hard to believe it's been over 13 years since I started watching Pokemon and am still going. I remember my sister telling me it was a fad and that I'd stop being a fan within a year :p

Ath said:
20thCenturyBoy said:
I need to catch up on this as well! I left off at episode 29. Hard to believe it's been over 13 years since I started watching Pokemon and am still going. I remember my sister telling me it was a fad and that I'd stop being a fan within a year :p

I originally stopped watching/playing the games after the 2nd Generation, but got back into them and caught up at the 4th. I was sincerely hoping that a complete change of cast for the 5th would bring something fresh and new to the series but I was initially left very cold by it and felt it had become increasingly insipid and tedious so I dropped it. But, it honestly feels like there's something missing when I'm not watching it so I'm getting back on the train once again and am determined to stay on until the end...of my life, which will likely come before this franchise ever ends.

Psycho Pass - Episode 1

Some obvious comparisons to GitS SAC here but I really enjoyed it despite the out of her depth female lead (which is a trope that feels very over used at the moment), looking forward to seeing how this develops.

Robotics; Notes - Episode 1

This was a lot of fun, should offset some of the more serious stuff!!

King of Braves GaoGaiGar - Episode 40

A brilliant and dramatic episode that surpasses its Super Robot roots.

Back