Your viewing journal

Ian Wolf said:
Moyashimon Returns Ep. 4-7.

animefreak17 said:
Tomorrow

Gurren Lagann movie 1 and 2

Where did you get a copy of the movies?
8) ohhhhhh you wanna know do ya

Only if you beg me. Come on, get on your knees.

Did I stutter or something? Bark like a dog, woman!

lol OK from UP1

i write down all the anime UP1 has it took me hours to get from a-z and thats how i came across them, when ever UP1 has some releases coming out i write them down and put there prices next to them, i got a 4a lined book of pages, i must have at least 12 pages worth of anime written down i dont have

Mushi-shi Ep.19-21

Little Busters! Ep.2

Say I Love You Ep.2

This show is moving things along briskly to say the least. Everyone's being quite brutally honest as well, none of this being coy stuff. Might actually get a show that deals with people being togetherfor a change rather than a will-they-won't-they up until the dying seconds of the last episode. The kissing was coming across a bit rapey at the end though.

One Piece Ep.568

The blood transfusion scene was made so touching by the montage, music and narration. And a new crew member?! :eek:

Finished both Witch Hunter Robin and Starship Operators today. WHR was decent if a bit slow, StarOp's was average but a not bad ending.
Next up is Welcome to the NHK and (finally!) Virus Buster Serge.

Psycho Pass - Episode 1
K - Episodes 1+2
Sword Art Online - Episode 15
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! - Episode 2
Robotic;Notes - Episode 1
Little Busters! - Episode 2

To Love Ru Darkness 1

Girls und Panzer 1
Well...GuP was a load of crap. All this episode proved was that peer pressure and threats were a-okay. Seriously, she didn't even want to do tankery but she was guilt tripped and forced into a corner...then it's okay as long as they have ice cream? And it turns out they're on a giant warship-type vessel anyway?!
Wut?

Lawrence said:
"You should taking part in Tankery because it will make you a better wife and mother."
"You should take part in Tankery because it will make you a more gentle women."
Hewl-green-tankie_zps05818578.jpg

We are not amused.

Lawrence said:
Joshawott said:
Girls und Panzer 1
Well...GuP was a load of crap. All this episode proved was that peer pressure and threats were a-okay. Seriously, she didn't even want to do tankery but she was guilt tripped and forced into a corner...then it's okay as long as they have ice cream? And it turns out they're on a giant warship-type vessel anyway?!
Wut?

I was actually enjoying it for the first ten minutes myself though she made such a case for not doing "Tankery" that I too was genuinely convinced that she shouldn't do "Tankery". I guess I am slightly disappointed on you (dropping?) GuP for those reasons and not because of the misogynistic messages present in the "Tankery" presentation/.
"You should taking part in Tankery because it will make you a better wife and mother."
"You should take part in Tankery because it will make you a more gentle women."
ect, ect.

I mean, who actually thinks any high school girl would watch a presentation like that and then sign up for the club because the first thing they have on their mind is settling down with a man and re-populating Japan. The aircraft carrier in the sea was pretty stupid though, unless Japan has since been flooded by global warming or something.
I did think that, but I summed it up as being a typical recruitment video that spills attractive sounding lies to get people to put pens to paper; watch an average army advert on TV for example.

I felt the beginning was pretty cool, especially with the first-person bit during the tank scene, but things quickly spiralled down hill.

Also tanks are fecking MANLY.

animefreak17 said:
lol OK from UP1

Really? I'll have to go them then.

Yesterday watch Episodes 8-11 of Moyashimon Returns and Sword Art Online 15 (which if you watch this week's QI XL has some extra cultural benefits to it).

Moyashimon Returns ep1

Hmm. Well, the restyled art isn't exactly welcome, but it's not too bad I suppose - the characters' newly doe-eyed look seems to be the only major change. I did have difficulty recognising Mutou though, perhaps because she's much pailer this time round. That aside, this episode felt a bit jumbled. It felt like they were trying to quickly reintroduce all the characters and establish their major traits in a very short space of time, which made them all seem a bit one-dimensional. Saying that though, it is understandable, seeing as it's been what - five years since the previous series? Actually, while I'm picking faults, the new music is horribly generic as well.

Nevertheless, I am glad to see the series is back and I fully expect it to pick up again, now that the reintroductions are out of the way.

Ian Wolf said:
animefreak17 said:
lol OK from UP1

Really? I'll have to go them then.

Yesterday watch Episodes 8-11 of Moyashimon Returns and Sword Art Online 15 (which if you watch this week's QI XL has some extra cultural benefits to it).
Just watched QI XL. Yup, that makes sense now.

Little Nemo - Osamu Dezaki Pilot (1987)

Seeing Little Nemo mentioned on Google's front page today prompted me to have another look for this ten-minute pitch film, which I failed to track down several years ago. Compared to the shorter (and more well known?) Andy Gaskill/Yoshifumi Kondo pilot film from '84, this one is far more impressive in scope, with plenty of surreal imagery and Dezaki's distinctive directiorial style obviously shining through. I think it's a tremendous shame that Dezaki wasn't given the job, as the pilot is beautiful to look at and I'm sure the film would have been assured cult status on strength of its visuals alone. In saying that, I can well imagine that the sight of the increasingly alien dreamscapes was probably thought too bizarre for a children's film of the time, especially after the financial failure of Disney's dark fantasy, The Black Cauldron, in 1985.

Having said all that, I've actually never seen the Little Nemo film that did finally get a release, so I'll need to pick up the DVD :)

Back