Your viewing journal

20thCenturyBoy said:
Brilliant reveal with Legend being a drunken, wife beater and Lunatic's father.

Indeed, it was quite shocking. Other than Tiger and Bunny themselves, Lunatic seems to be the only one with a decent background story. I'm actually wondering about his actual debut on the films and wondering if we will be to see him more.

Last edited by a moderator:
So i got three series started from the new season, most of which i have no real idea about:

Magi 1 - A different take on the whole Aladdin/Alibaba tale with a shounen twist to it. Quite nice and nothing to hard to get into. Will definitely watch at least the next episode or two of it to see how things go.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure 1 - The only one i had heard of before this season started, but even then only little. I love how it kept that manga vibe with the sound effects being shown as they would in manga when used. The story is pretty good too, and even though it did feel a little quick for a first episode, it wasn't overly so. Also, it took until the end of the episode for it to really click that it's based in England.

K 1 - I'll be honest, i'm still not following everything that went on in episode 1, so it's really hard to properly judge how this was. Animation was top notch, but i'd like a bit more explanation behind everything, which i'm hoping i'll get when the second one airs this week. It looks like it has potential though, so we'll see.

Is this a ̶b̶a̶n̶d̶w̶a̶g̶o̶n̶ speedwagon I see before me?

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure ep1

Having read a little of the manga, I thought the first episode of the new series showed great promise. While I think it's being done on the cheap, they do a good job of hiding it and they've got the distinctive look of the manga artwork down very well. I wasn't so keen on the comedy sound-effects myself, but I was relieved that they went through the first few chapters so quickly. In the manga, I found the opening very hard to get through (JoJo's father is apparently both blind and stupid), so I'm glad that the series doesn't dwell on it.

Girls Und Panzer - Episode 1

It looked interesting, and I was hoping it would fill my girls and sci-fi hole left by Lagrange, we'll see.

King of Braves GaoGaiGar - Episode 36

Street Fighter Alpha: The Movie

Very very disappointing!!

Hayate the Combat Butler: Can't Take My Eyes Off You 1

I swear the majority of characters Rie Kugimiya voices are almost exactly the same...

Decided to watch Hayate the Combat Butler season 1 over the past week, watched episodes 1-12 so far.

Hayate, Maria and Hina are very enjoyable. Nishizawa's brief cameos are fun too. The main problem I have with the show is Nagi... Holy moly, what a brat.

To Love-Ru Darkness ep 1.

Hrmm, wasn't that great to be honest. The art style feels like it has changed (and not in a good way) from Motto, which was already worse than the original series. I never really watched Motto the whole way through, so I'm going into this one a little off the storyline, but it just didn't grab me as much as the first series did. Hopefully ep 2 will improve.

AOD had some pretty bad subtitling errors, too.

Back