Your viewing journal

Chainsaw Man ep12

Going to hazard a guess that ending means a lot more if you’ve read the manga. On the whole, my thoughts are much the same as last week though; I enjoyed the series, I was impressed with the high quality of the animation, Denji and Power grew on me as protagonists, but I just felt the pacing was off. To some extent, I imagine that’s the difficulty of adapting a long running manga into 20 minute chunks, but I can’t say it didn’t bother me.

Lupin Zero ep2-3

Seems like this is finding its feet more as it goes on, but the sudden change in tone for the third episode caught me somewhat unawares. The first two are broadly family friendly, but ep3 feels like it‘s a fairly close adaptation of something from the original manga, complete with violent death and casual sexual cruelty. That said, I think it was also the most entertaining episode so far, with the hostile dynamic between Lupin and his relatives feeling more interesting than his awkward friendship with Jigen.

On-Gaku: Crazy but fun. I think I enjoyed the long stretches where nothing happens the most. And the wild recorder.

That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime season 2.2: Good continuation of the series but how long will the wait be for series 3 (at least the movie has been released in cinemas).

Update: oh unfair! The first extra on disc 2 that I watched, Valdora's Journal, should be watched before the first episode in this set as it's a recap of the first half of the series from the vainglorious eaten dragon.

Last edited:
El-Hazard Episode 1: So far it's ok, I wasn't expecting it to be around 45 minutes, the setting is pretty cool and I think some of the music was also pretty good as well but I'm not a fan of how some of the scenes are riddled with rather typical anime bathos, I've seen so much isekai by now that something has to be different in order to wow me, here's hoping that something comes soon.

Bibliophile Princess Eps 9-12 (End): I enjoyed this shojo series quite a bit. I saw many people were complaining about the story getting too political between the Royalty and the Barons of other regions, but that was the main interest for me - all the underhandedness going on in the kingdom and how it affected the fiance princess Eliana and in turn the kindom and it's relations with the other regions. She was a little more helpless in some situations than I would have liked her to be, but still overall it was a good series. A second season would be great but I somewhat doubt that will be comng, as this series did not seem to be overly popular. 8.5/10

Spy x Family
Ep 25 (End): I finished this series with my mother. She really loves this series, although I thought it was pretty much up and down, so it was just an OK series for me. I do love Yor, though, she makes the series for me. 6.5/10

Reincarnated as a Sword
Eps 11-12 (End). This was a fun series, way better than I thought it would be, especially when it's very heavy on gaming, which I usually do not go for in anime. But, I do like Isekai set in a fantasy world. Cat girl Fran is such a cutie, too. Looking forward to the second season of this one. 8/10

Toka Gettan: The Moonlight Lady Returns
Eps 1-2. A little confusing yet as to what all is going on, because I read that the episodes are presented in a reverse order, but this looks like it could be very interesting. At least HIDIVE is releasing 2 episodes per week for this one. The Bu-ray is already available from Sentai, but I held off on getting it until I can watch some of the series first.

Drowning Sorrows in Raging Fire Eps 6-7. Finally continuing on with this donghua, I'm liking this one, interesting and very unusual supernatural drama, it seems to switch between modern and period times - and it's such a Bishy-fest for the ladies, lol. I just hope it stays fairly tame as it has so far on the BL though, as that is not my cup of tea. I already have the Funi/Crunchy Blu-ray for this, but I figured I'd finish watching it streaming first.

Last edited:
Chainsaw Man ep 12 (complete)
Ain't that a kick in the nuts.
After all the hype I can only assume that the director aimed this squarely at the manga readers and forget he was making an anime to entice people to read the manga or this "story" just isn't for me [insert "I'm too old for this ****" meme]

As an anime only what I saw was:
No likeable characters with shallow/tropey/non-existent motivations and, ironically, with so many flashbacks not very well fleshed out in other ways either. World building was poor with no explanation of where these devils came from with a thin plot including no sense of a final goal, after killing the current devil they're chasing that is, who's power seems way OTT compared to what the other devils can do! Talking of powers, there were a few a**e pulls with previously undisclosed powers being used by the "heroes". And then there's the humour, some of it is chuckle worthy, but the rest either falls flat or is disgusting (I hate gross out comedy!)

All this with a glacial pacing. The director seemed to want to make it feel cinematic with loads of angles of nothing which could easily be done in live action and thus not taking advantage of the medium they are working in and there was an almost complete lack of action, which mostly looked "off" because of the cg, in a supposedly "action" show! The colour pallette was also a bit on the drab side. Some of the VA work didn't help either with some sounding like they were comatose when reading their lines!
4/10

The Eminence in Shadow episode 13 New memories.

Saiyuki (Rewatch) episodes 32-50 (Complete. With Discotek releasing most of the sequel series’ I figured I’d rewatch this original run of episodes, and it was a fun time.) 3.5/5

Saiyuki Reload
episodes 1-5

Chainsaw Man ep 12 (complete)
Ain't that a kick in the nuts.
After all the hype I can only assume that the director aimed this squarely at the manga readers and forget he was making an anime to entice people to read the manga or this "story" just isn't for me [insert "I'm too old for this ****" meme]
4/10

You and me both - one look at the listing and I knew right away I needn't go anywhere near that kind of drivel, so I didn't even give it a second glance. Love to see such a glowing review of an over-hyped popular anime! Usually that's what people rate my favorite off-the-beaten-path anime I always prefer, lol!

Bikini Warriors
Episodes 6,7,8
Mage is my favourite character. She's the most well developed. I like that a story is complete with a proper ending. Unlike most anime.
Edit: hang on I think all the jiggling has hypnotized me. 🤪

That time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
S2 Part 2 episodes 7,8,9 .
Simple enjoyment.
Best fanservice in order

Attachments

• denesuh-fdb688a9-b9f4-4863-8548-aa67161bd25e.jpg
    denesuh-fdb688a9-b9f4-4863-8548-aa67161bd25e.jpg
    987.3 KB · Views: 3
  • bfaed60aca345dcf1937fe4a395112c9748f9712cbad7e4d1ab95faca9480f31_thumb.jpeg
    bfaed60aca345dcf1937fe4a395112c9748f9712cbad7e4d1ab95faca9480f31_thumb.jpeg
    21.7 KB · Views: 3
You and me both - one look at the listing and I knew right away I needn't go anywhere near that kind of drivel, so I didn't even give it a second glance. Love to see such a glowing review of an over-hyped popular anime! Usually that's what people rate my favorite off-the-beaten-path anime I always prefer, lol!
I didn’t even like the manga, so gave the anime a miss. I found the MC completely unlikeable

That time I was Reincarnated as a Slime.

Breach of etiquette earlier in numbering.
Episodes 46-48 finished.
I've watched this in 2 sittings.

I don't usually binge watch as I'm old and like to parcel them out 1 or 2 episodes a week. Like the old days. I can still remember staying in every Thursday to watch Buffy, even I could record it. For 7 years. And how exciting it was.

Loved the last few fights. Lots of laugh out moments (for me) in episode 47 and 12.

Hope it continues.
Ranga Loyal.

Girls with Guns
Great that you can watch anime with your mum. The only animated series I've made her like, probably through osmosis, is Family Guy.
She is 80 but up for some rude, crude, offensive humour.

That time I was Reincarnated as a Slime.

Breach of etiquette earlier in numbering.
Episodes 46-48 finished.
I've watched this in 2 sittings.

I don't usually binge watch as I'm old and like to parcel them out 1 or 2 episodes a week. Like the old days. I can still remember staying in every Thursday to watch Buffy, even I could record it. For 7 years. And how exciting it was.

Loved the last few fights. Lots of laugh out moments (for me) in episode 47 and 12.

Hope it continues.
Ranga Loyal.

Girls with Guns
Great that you can watch anime with your mum. The only animated series I've made her like, probably through osmosis, is Family Guy.
She is 80 but up for some rude, crude, offensive humour.

OMG I friggin' loved Buffy, great show! My mum will watch pretty much anything I put on but ofc connects more with some shows and movies than others :) Also have you seen Archer? :)

Back