Your viewing journal

RadFemHedonist

Death Scythe
The Illusionist (rewatch) - As this film has very little dialogue and what there is is mostly just cleverly done mumbling to indicate characters are talking or that there's a language barrier without actually having them use real words, I bought the relatively cheap French Blu-ray release of the film from an Ebay seller located there, and have now rewatched it in full HD - the DVD looked pretty good for a DVD but it does look very nice in HD as well, I actually saw it at the cinema when it came out IIRC and that was a lovely experience too. I would also like to take this opportunity to mention that the other film called The Illusionist that this is not to be confused with has Edward Norton in it not Christian Bale, I got mixed up (so in other words Edward Norton is not to be confused with Christian Bale :p I'd additionally like to take this opportunity to thank my friends, family, agent, pet golden lion tamarin and all the other beautiful people who helped get me this lovely shiny Oscar :) <3 :D ) XP I paid far closer attention to the film this time around and I'm glad I did, unsurprisingly I caught a lot more details and story etc. and it really is a wonderful film that I heartily recommend! Still want to get that OST on CD as well :) The only downside of buying the French BD over the more expensive US one is that the extras may not have English subtitles though I haven't checked yet :)

Otomo

Student Council President
Suppose a kid from the last dungeon boonies moved to a starter town.

Episodes 1-4

Only got home from Glasgow at 12pm and having a TV day. Supposed to be watching England V Iran, got bored (as I do sometimes - attention span is at 23 minutes).
It passed the 'is that the episode finished already test '.
Lots of stupid humour that hit the spot and likeable characters.

Orgun

Dragon Knight
Gosenzo-sama Banbanzai! - Episodes 1 - 6 [Final]

This had been one of the few Oshii anime I hadn't seen and after reading @Professor Irony 's comments on it I had to see it. It's an interesting OVA, simultaneously genius, bizarre and at times quite tedius it is an extremely compelling watch and even when some of the tedium set in during the veerrry long talking sections I just couldn't take my eyes away from it. Very much in that vain of experimental anime from the late 80's like Twilight Q and Take The X-Train, it is a piece of animation that could only have be made in bubble era Japan.

Karura Mau: Sendai Kokeshi Enka - Episode 1

I really like this type of supernatural anime from the late 80's and early 90's. I had watched the Karura Mau film earlier in the year which I really enjoyed and there was a recent fansub of the OVA so I dived right into it. This was a good first episode that followed on nicely from the film.

Super Beast Machine God Dancouga - Episodes 36 - 38 [Final] (Blu-ray)

Super Beast Machine God Dancouga: Requiem for Victims (Blu-ray)

Now to compile notes for the review on the mecha podcast.

Mobile Suit Gundam : The Witch from Mercury - Episode 7

Urusei Yatsura (2022) - Episodes 4 & 5

Spark_Heal

Completely Average High School Student
Gundam Reconguista in G - Episodes 1 & 2
I watched up to around Episode 7 last year before stopping. So I've decided to start over again & take notes. Episode 1 throws out a lot of information about the different factions, the Kuntala, religion, countries etc. Keeping track of all that is easier with a pen and notepad.
GITS S 2 Poker Face
Top episode
Saito, the major and Tachikomona talking Japan USA post war politics.
Very nice. I remember that being a stand out episode for early season 2.

Dragon Slayer

Time-Traveller
BLEACH: Thousand-Year Blood War Episode 7 Seething anger.

Management of a Novice Alchemist Episode 8 Meddling merchant.

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun 3rd Season Episode 51 Fun and frenetic.

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War episode 373 Re-educate.

Management of a Novice Alchemist episode 8 Foresight.

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-Kun Season 3 episode 7 Belated boxing.

PaniPoni Dash! episodes 25-26 (Complete. An easygoing comedy that features a lot of references and parodies amongst its often random style of humour.) 3.5/5

Patlabor: The Mobile Police The Original Series (Rewatch)
OVAs 1-7 (Complete. A great start to the franchise that I appreciated further upon this rewatch.) 4/5

Patlabor: The Movie (Film) (Rewatch)
An engaging first film for the franchise, especially thanks to the endearing cast and intriguing story. 4/5

Patlabor 2: The Movie (Film) (Rewatch)
A thoughtful film wherein the political themes felt grounded and gritty, showcasing some of Mamoru Oshii’s strongest work. 4.5/5

Patlabor: The Mobile Police- The TV Series (Rewatch)
episodes 1-6

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Chainsaw Man episode 7 Welcoming party.

Encouragement of Climb: Next Summit episode 8 Powerful photography.

Shinobi no Ittoki episode 8 Forces.

Patlabor: The Mobile Police- The TV Series (Rewatch) episodes 7-30

Dragon Slayer

Time-Traveller
Chainsaw Man Episode 7

Encouragement of Climb: Next Summit Episode 8

Peter Grill and the Philosoper's Time: Super Extra (Uncensored) Episode 7

Shinobi no Ittoki Episode 8

TONIKAWA: Over the Moon for You OVA 2

RonJB

School Idol
Oreimo episodes 7-15: I'm really not comfortable with the whole incest vibe and Kiririn irritates me. Everything else about the anime was fine, and it improved markedly when Kiririn was absent for the last few episodes. Oh well, they can't all be winners.

Otomo

Student Council President
Suppose a Kid from the Last etc
Episodes 4-6

Assault Lily Bouquet
Episodes 4+5.
Not much fighting the Huge. Lots of making friends. Episode 5 was nice, though.

Last edited:

Dragon Slayer

Time-Traveller
Do It Yourself! Episode 8 Blueprints.

Immoral Guild (Uncensored) Episode 8 Services.

Love Flops Episode 7 To the beach.

Reincarnated as a Sword Episode 9 Mocked and mock battle.

The Eminence in Shadow Episode 8 Hostages.

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Do it Yourself!! episode 8 Getting carried away.

Mob Psycho 100 III episode 8 The Mob Files.

The Eminence in Shadow episode 8 State of emergency.

Patlabor: The Mobile Police- The TV Series (Rewatch) episodes 31-47 (Complete. A fun series to revisit, though some episodes were stronger than others and the bigger focus on lighthearted storylines waned my interest in places, albeit with the endearing cast being a key redeeming factor.) 3.5/5

Patlabor: The New Files (Rewatch)
episodes 1-7

Last edited: