Your viewing journal

Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water - Episodes 23 - 39 [Final] (Blu-ray)

I can understand all the fuss about this show now, the island arc does dissipate all the tension that was building up to a massive conclusion, it wasn't bad though like I thought it was going to be based on what I'd read and it did a lot to build up Jean and Nadia's relationship and it got back on track with an excellent ending so all in all a good series. Plus it's a really good looking show throughout it's run time.

Don't think I would re-watch the Island arc unless I particularly had to, but I would agree it's not a complete write off. There was a Thunderbirds gag in one episode I got a laugh out of, and the episode where Nadia and Jean visit a hidden temple (if I'm remembering that right) was fine.

On the whole, I have a lot of time for that series, but it's definitely a show in four acts and I feel it's the second part I get the most out of. The last part after the Island is perfectly solid, but I'd rather they'd stuck with the steampunk aesthetic instead of getting into more sci-fi style territory.

Hope no-one minds me saying that Kelly's Heroes is about to start on 5action (UK).
Or you could just watch Girls und Panzer.😀

Happy New Year, everyone.

GuP was always a bit lost on me, but I did get a laugh out of seeing them watch Kelly's Heroes on TV in that one episode.

Love & Lies complete series: not one I would have chosen but I enjoyed the story nonetheless - apart from the creepy big eyes. A world in which your life partner is assigned to you at 16 by a matching database. No word on what that means for those of non-conventional sexuality but as it's a law to maintain population, I'm guessing that would be illegal. I see a number of countries already have something similar (though not quite so obviously enshrined in law).

Saiyuki Reload Blast episodes 3-12 (Complete. This series does a solid job continuing the story whilst filling in the gaps with content that’s previously been covered through OVAs.) 3.5/5

Saiyuki Reload: Zeroin
episodes 1-13 (Complete. A retelling of part of Gunlock’s storyline that whilst competent feels unnecessary.) 3/5

Psycho-Pass Sinners of the System
Case 2

I got to see the Old Man again. 🎅🙂

Yes, I am watching anime all day. Although I am watching Riddick at the moment, will get to John Wick soon.

Combatants will be Dispatched
Episodes 3+4

I read the first volume of the manga (first 2 episodes) so was a bit bored even with the fanservice.
It's got better. But not great.

Golden Boy episode 6

What I do has no meaning
All I do is paint cels every day to meet the deadline
Nobody expects anything out of me

Kintaro connects all the episodes
Do you like to lick toilet seats!

But he saves someone.

I cried a little bit.

Back