Your viewing journal

Made in Abyss: The Golden City of the Scorching Sun episode 2 Lost and found.

Smile of the Arsnotoria The Animation episode 2 Hanging around.

Haibane Renmei (Rewatch) episodes 1-13 (Complete. A fantasy story that manages to feel serene whilst also being poignant throughout. I ended up appreciating this a lot more the second time around.) 4.5/5

Kaguya-sama love is war - S2
S3 eps 1-3

Lycoris recoil - eps 1+2

Made in abyss - Wandering twilight

Made in abyss tgcotss - ep2

Princess principal - ep1

Fate heavens feel trilogy

Fate grand order - first order

My Stepmother's Daughter is My Ex ep 1
Seems amusing enough. Although the characters aren't the best, she's a little twisted and he's a bit dour, but I assume their attitude comes from how bad their break seems to be and then being forced to live with each other.

The Yakuza's Guide to Babysitting ep 1
Seems like it'll be a fun show with some amusing moments and some sweet moments and even the occasional bit of action.

Shine On! Bakumatsu Bad Boys ep 1
A historical action show with supernatural elements with a Dirty Dozen type set up which sees our "heroes" fight against a group of rouge samurai.

Hanabi-chan ~The Girl Who Popped Out of the Game World~ ep 1
A short about a guy inheriting a Pachinko parlour and the interesting inhabitants. Could be fun. The art and animation seemed OK in the show, but this has the lowest effort OP & ED I've ever seen. Even I'M KODAMA KAWASHIRI in which the anime itself is pretty low effort has a good OP.

Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer ep 1
Not quite sure what to say here. A surreal premise and the first person we meet seems to be a right douche, the girl we meet later seems like she could be fun though. The art and animation aren't great though. Word from MAL is it's looking like a bad adaptation of a fairly well loved manga.

That's all the first episodes of new anime on Crunchyroll done, apart from one not out yet. Just like my impressions from reading the synopsis' of the shows nothing spectacular this season, so far.

Call of the Night episode 2 See you.

Chimimo episode 2 Finding work is hell.

The Devil is a Part Timer! Season 2 episode 1 It’s been a hot minute since I watched the first season.

The Yakuza's Guide to Babysitting episode 2 Mother.

Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens episodes 1-12 (Complete. This was series that kept my interest thanks to the characters and action but wouldn’t necessary warrant a rewatch anytime soon.) 3.5/5

Hayate The Combat Butler episodes 19-36: It's getting very silly. Still enjoying it and laughing out loud on occasion. My current favourite is Tama the talking tiger.I may take a short break and watch something else after I finish this series (just another 14 episodes and possibly an OVA to go).

Iria: Zeiram the Animation Episodes 5-6 COMPLETED (dubbed) - Wow. One of the best action sci-fi anime I have watched, thoroughly recommended :)

Sakura Quest Episodes 1-8 (subbed) - Charming SOL series :)

Belle (dubbed) - Blew me away, one of the most magical films I have seen in a long time, and the dub is excellent with beautiful singing, I got the deluxe edition so looking forward to listening to the Japanese OST on CD as well :)

Call of the Night ep 1
This one seems like it'll be down to how good the characters are as there seems very little to the plot. The vampire lady seems like a fun character and the boy seems OK, although yet another middle schooler that doesn't really feel like a middle schooler. From the OP there's plenty more to meet.

When Will Ayumu Make His Move? ep 1 (dropped)
A "They clearly love each other and both refuse to confess for dumb reasons" anime! I know this is common in anime and I even like some of them, but those have a charm to them which is missing here, which is weird because the manga is by the same person who did Takagi-san! I think another problem is that they are so clearly in love with each other right from the off that there's no build up to that point which other shows have, it took nearly 2 seasons before Nishikata showed that kind of feeling towards Takagi. Also I know zero about shogi and the show doesn't explain how Ayumu is failing/getting better, so I have no idea if he is failing/getting better and thus getting closer to his goal of beating her and thus confessing to her!

Shadows House s2 e1
Soot training.

Rent-A-Girlfriend s2 e1
Acting chops.

Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer episode 2 For all eternity.

Prima Doll episode 2 A different role?

Shadows House 2nd Season episode 2 Rejoice?

When Will Ayumu Make His Move? episode 2 Sports day with senpai.

Hanasakeru Seishounen episodes 1-18

Skeleton Knight in Another World (English Dub) Episode 12 (Complete)

Teasing Master Takagi-san Season 3 (English Dub) Episode 11

The Dawn of the Witch (English Dub) Episode 12 (Complete)

The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 2 (English Dub) Episode 36

Tsukimichi -Moonlit Fantasy- (English Dub) Episode 12 (Complete)

Call of the Night Episode 2 Find you.

The Devil is a Part-Timer! (Rewatch) Episode 1-13 (Complete. Upon rewatch this is still as fun as I remember it being back when I first watched it. Onto season 2.) 3.5/5

The Devil is a Part-Timer!! Season 2
Episode 1 This should be another fun season.

The Yakuza's Guide to Babysitting Episode 2 Mother.

When Will Ayumu Make His Move? Episode 2 Sports day.

Been chomping at the bit for Episode 2 of Call of the Night to come out - watched that one last night. That's definitely going to be my top anime of the summer season, for sure. Never thought I would want to have a vampire girl waifu, or vampire hickies, but hot-dang, that Nazuna, lol.

Iria: Zeiram the Animation Episodes 5-6 COMPLETED (dubbed) - Wow. One of the best action sci-fi anime I have watched, thoroughly recommended :)

I really need to watch that - I have the old DVD tin set I picked up in May 2014, but that's another title I never got around to seeing. Hmm, I actually had the Purple Carpet™ in my theater even back then, in this old photo - I think I originally got that in 2012, so it's 10 years old now.

iriazeiramtin.jpg

Last edited:
Hayate The Combat Butler episodes 40-52: Finally made it to the end of the first series (though it's actually four 13 ep sub-series). Very soppy ending. All fun and I'm looking foward to the other 51 episodes.

Decided this was the weekend I would clear my movie backlog, so also watched Jet Li's Fearless (dubious history and some hackneyed plot devices but entertaining in a nationalistic way), Pinocchio (ten minutes after he comes to life and dad want to send him to school!?, Moana (fun and a bit soppy, but in a good way), and now it's time for Woochi, the Demon Slayer.

AOASHI ep 14
System shock.

A Couple of Cuckoos ep 12
Green eyed monster.

I'M KODAMA KAWASHIRI eps 20 & 21
Concentration and growing up in the country.

Black Summoner episode 2 Ghost hunt.

Engage Kiss episode 3 Memories fade.

Extreme Hearts episode 2 Long passes.
Lycoris Recoil episode 3 Mock battle.

Utawarerumono Mask of Truth episode 4 Forgotten.

Hanasakeru Seishounen episodes 19-36

Last edited:
A Couple of Cuckoo's (English Dub) Episode 11

Kaguya-Sama: Love is War -Ultra Romanctic- (English Dub) Episode 12-13 (Complete)

Black Summoner Episode 1-2 This looks like an interesting watch.

Engage Kiss Episode 3 Fading memories.

Extreme Hearts Episode 2 Long pass.

Lycoris Recoil Episode 3 Moch battle.

Lycoris Recoil episode 3 Mock battle.

Hanasakeru Seishounen episodes 19-36

Oh! someone else is actually watching Hanasakeru Seishounen! My #2 favorite anime of all time behind Violet Evergarden. 👍

Lycoris Recoil I've watched the fist two eps, looks like episode 3 is out now. Decent series so far - probably going to be my #2 for the summer season, behind Call of the Night.

Last edited:
Robotech Part 1: The Macross Saga
Love Live: Gundam Idol Project! I enjoyed this quite a lot. Its definitely dated and gets a bit melodramatic when it comes to the relationships. This was at its worst in the final arc when basically everyone became pretty unlikable. But until then it was a solid show about the fight for survival and what it means to live.

Belle rewatch
Enjoyed it even more on a rewatch. Knowing the ending makes it better in my view. It's gorgeous, the songs are amazing and it's just a great tale of self acceptance.

Ms Marvel
Really enjoyed this one. Building the whole story around Kamala's family dynamic and her history was a great move.

Back