Your viewing journal

RadFemHedonist

Death Scythe
Akira (subbed) (rewatch) - definitely worth revisiting at the age of 33 after not having seen it for several years.

The Tatami Galaxy (subbed) (rewatch) - I like this considerably more now than I did the first time around :)

Night is Short, Walk on Girl (subbed) - a lovely compliment to TTG, looking forward to the next project in the series :)

Maquia (subbed) - watched with a friend and we both really enjoyed it a lot, will rewatch it dubbed at some point as well :)

RonJB

Student Council President
Was about to start Aria, when I remembered I hadn't finished rewatching His and Her Circumstances, so I watched episodes 17-22 of this sweet romantic school comedy before delving into Aria.

Update:
I just found out that the lead US VA for Aria (Veronica Taylor) is also the VA for the lead character in His And Her Circumstances, which explains why she sounded so familiar.

Last edited:

WMD

Railgun
Sleepy Princess In The Demon Castle
This was a blast. Incredibly silly comedy. Seeing the Demon King and his minions get ever more exasperated at the Princess's antics was highly entertaining. I really can't recommend this enough. I was laughing a lot.

Tenchi Muyo! War On Geminar
1 part isekei, 1 part highschool comedy and 1 part mecha epic all with dose of harem. And with all the tropes those genres bring. Its quite remarkable the show manages to balance them all together into a cohesive whole that actually works. The characters are fun, a few a little over the top and the show looks great. Sometimes the tropes overshadow the show especially in the first half but once the epic side of the story kicks in it really steps up in scope and action.

WMD

Railgun
I enjoyed your reviews of these titles very much and am now more interested in watching them than I was previously (though I was already fairly interested in By the Grace of the Gods) :)
I guess I should warn that Rosario + Vampire has almost continuous panty shots. But if you can get past that it really is a great show. Like I mentioned the fact the writers know when to be funny and when to let the drama and serious side unfold really is its biggest strength. The comedy was great but the emotional side was allowed room which gave the show way more depth than you would've expected.

Also By The Grace Of God's really was a charming little show. And a real change of pace from the usual isekei fare.

WMD

Railgun
Yeah, it's great fun. Doga Kobo do great work with these type of shows, and the MC is voiced by Inori Minase who is great in everything I've seen of hers.
Nice. To be fair I watched the English dub which was excellently done as well. The MC in English is Kira Buckland who has always been great but she really shines here (and recently became the first female Jojo but I haven't started Stone Ocean yet). But yeah the studio did a great job with the show. It had a real vibrancy to the art and the comic timing was great.

I didn't know anything about it beforehand and was bought just because it got a physical release and looked a bit different. But I didn't know it was go8ng to be a comedy and I was hugely pleasantly surprised.

I enjoyed your reviews of these titles very much and am now more interested in watching them than I was previously (though I was already fairly interested in By the Grace of the Gods) :)
I certainly always find everyone's mini-reviews here very useful to get an idea of shows that are likely to be up my street too. I wish I could add some succinct ones myself but am too prone to rambling heh.

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Aharen-san wa Hakarenai episode 11 Snow and stretching.

Date A Live IV episode 10 Almost envious.

Love after World Domination episode 10 Culture festival.

Onipan! episodes 41-45 Robot woes.

Science Fell in Love, So I Tried to Prove It r=1-sinθ episode 11 Bride and groom.

The Executioner and Her Way of Life episode 11 Original sin.

GA Geijutsuka Art Design Class episodes 1-12 & OVA (Complete. A school-based comedy SoL focused on a group of friends with differing personalities attending their arts design class. A familiar premise but a pleasant enough watch overall.) 3.5/5

Galaxy Express 999
episodes 1-6

Girls with Guns

Mad Scientist
A Lull in the Sea is my mother's favorite anime, and I really enjoyed it too. My mom wanted to re-watch it whenever I showed it to the neighbor couple, but we just haven't gotten to it yet. I also have the big boxset although it's the US Premium Edition set from NIS America, which looks very similar to the MVM release.

My oldest Daughter and her boyfriend are coming to visit tomorrow for my Birthday, and we're going to be showing more Spy x Family to my mother, probably episodes 4-6.

Dragon Slayer

Time-Traveller
Aharen-sanwa Hakarenai (English Dub) Episode 9

Date A Live IV (English Dub) Episode 7

Kaguya-Sama: Love is War -Ultra Romanctic- (English Dub) Episode 7

Teasing Master Takagi-san Season 3 (English Dub) Episode 6

Aharen-san wa Hakarenai Episode 11

CUE! Episode 22

Date A Live IV Episode 10

Kaguya-Sama: Love is War -Ultra Romanctic- Episode 10

Love After World Domination Episode 10

Science Fell in Love, So I Tried to Prove It r=1-sin0 Episode 11

The Executioner and Her Way of Life Episode 11

D1tchd1gger

Akatsuki
CUE! ep 22
Show time.

I'M KODAMA KAWASHIRI ep 17
Too much.

RikeKoi s2 e11
Here comes the brides.

Yatogame-chan Kansatsu Nikki s4 e10
Regional norms.

Love After World Domination ep 10
School festival.

In the Heart of Kunoichi Tsubaki ep 10
Leadership worries and herb hunting.

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
A Couple of Cuckoos episode 8 She’s leaving home.

In the Heart of Kunoichi Tsubaki episode 10 Owe me one.

Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club Season 2 episode 11 Here and now.

Spy x Family episode 10 Sports.

Yatogame-chan Kansatsu Nikki Season 4 episode 10 Complex. (Complete. Another decent season of short stories.) 3/5

Galaxy Express 999 episodes 7-25

Last edited:

zrdb

Adventurer
I had a few people who had never seen Macross Frontier over to watch the 2nd movie Wings Of Goodbye today and they were blown away by just how much fun it was. I don't have a high end audio system but my Cerwin Vega SL-12 mains coupled with a pair of Yamaha NS6490's for the surrounds and a really nice 12" high wattage sub really made the bass come alive. I can't really crank up the volume too high or I'll piss my neighbors off-oh the joys of living in a condo!! We're all gonna go see the 1st movie at the local theater next weekend.

Last edited:

WMD

Railgun
Interspecies Reviewers
The most ridiculous thing I've ever watched. It was pretty funny and it's oddly celebratory of sex, body types and fetishes. It manged to be both more and less extreme than I imagined given the furore over it when it came out.

Why The Hell Are You Here, Teacher!?
Silly awkward encounters a plenty. It manages to be way more inappropriate and unacceptable than Interspecies Reviewers which seems mind-blowing.

School Days
Well that was unpleasant. This show is probably the single most cynical examination of human nature I've ever watched. Everyone has been cheated on and knows how world destroying it can be. This show goes all in on that. The main character is the single most unlikable protagonist I've seen in any media. Less that zero redeeming features. He flip flops between pathetic timid loser and aggressive sex pest continuously and is proactive in not taking accountability for his actions. He is pure scum. And the rest of the cast don't fare much better really. I don't regret watching as such but I also never want to watch it again. It was not an easy thing to experience.

RadFemHedonist

Death Scythe
Interspecies Reviewers
The most ridiculous thing I've ever watched. It was pretty funny and it's oddly celebratory of sex, body types and fetishes. It manged to be both more and less extreme than I imagined given the furore over it when it came out.

Why The Hell Are You Here, Teacher!?
Silly awkward encounters a plenty. It manages to be way more inappropriate and unacceptable than Interspecies Reviewers which seems mind-blowing.

School Days
Well that was unpleasant. This show is probably the single most cynical examination of human nature I've ever watched. Everyone has been cheated on and knows how world destroying it can be. This show goes all in on that. The main character is the single most unlikable protagonist I've seen in any media. Less that zero redeeming features. He flip flops between pathetic timid loser and aggressive sex pest continuously and is proactive in not taking accountability for his actions. He is pure scum. And the rest of the cast don't fare much better really. I don't regret watching as such but I also never want to watch it again. It was not an easy thing to experience.

Was this a themed selection by design? 🤣 (not that I'm saying they're all the same philosophically it just struck me that they all have in common that they either are or are perceived in a certain way that seems kinda similar) XP

WMD

Railgun
Was this a themed selection by design? 🤣 (not that I'm saying they're all the same philosophically it just struck me that they all have in common that they either are or are perceived in a certain way that seems kinda similar) XP
Lol pretty much. After watching Interspecies Reviewers and looking at the pile of thing I still have to watch they seemed like obvious choices. Though School Days has no fan service or sexy times. It's just miserable people being awful to one another.

Interspecies Reviewers is the only one of that bunch I'd watch again. It was genuinely fun and the only one with characters I'd actually want to see more of.