Your viewing journal

Blue Reflection Ray episode 12 Depths.

The World Ends with You The Animation episode 12 Conclusion. (Complete. An underwhelming adaptation overall.) 2.5/5

Dragon Ball Z Kai (Rewatch)
episodes 82-98

Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters episodes 99-100

Last edited:
Eureka Seven 1-2

Full Metal Panic 1-4

Great shows so far but I feel like I made a huge mistake starting both of these shows back to back as they seem so tonally similar so far.

FWIW I've seen all of Eureka Seven TV and the first three FMP shows and they both definitely forge their own identity - aside from the presence of mechs they're not massively similar IMO, and I'd recommend both :)

Tokyo Revengers ep 12
A little bit of the present repeating.
I knew this was a 2 cour, so thought that it can’t be a happy episode. Looks like our boy Takamichi is gonna have to go back to the past again!

Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro ep 12 (complete)
Contest.
The first episode was a little OTT with the "teasing", but having read the manga I knew it got toned down and there was going to be a gradual shift in the relationship between the two MCs. IIRC the anime tweaked the events slightly in its ending, at volume 6 of the manga, so there was a pay off to all the teasing in the post credit scene. There were plenty of funny moments as well.
On the production side everything was very good, lots of great reactions faces from the characters and the VAs all seemed to be having a blast.
9/10

Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro episode 12 Portrait. (Complete. This was a fun series though some episodes and scenarios were more entertaining than others.) 3/5

I've Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level
episode 12 Comfy Café (Complete. This was an enjoyable fantasy outing with a likeable ensemble.) 3.5/5

My Hero Academia Fifth Season
episode 102 Hidden meaning.

Shadows House episode 12 Lure.

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun Season 2 episode 11 Talking time.

Dragonball Z Kai: The Final Chapters episodes 101-121

Last edited:
MEGALOBOX 2: NOMAD (Japanese audio) - Episode 13 (Completed)
Moriarty the Patriot (Japanese audio) - Episodes 21-24 (Completed)

The remaining shows left to finish are Higehiro, ODDTAXI and So I'm a Spider, So What?. The latter of which was supposed to finish its run last Friday but got postponed due to production issues which is no surprising considering the quality dropped a lot throughout this second cour. The other two are expected to finish airing tomorrow as planned.

Like Jujutsu Kaisen, I'll likely start both Iruma-kun Season 2 and To Your Eternity during the Summer season as both finish their run around late August to early September time.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 205 Ripening.

Farewell, My Dear Cramer episode 13 Getting stronger. (Complete. A decent sports series that didn’t exactly break the mould in terms of story beats but did have its moments.) 3/5

Moriarty The Patriot 2nd Cour
episode 33 A dear friend. (Complete. A strong second season for the series and one I hope to see more of in the future.) 4/5

Nomad: Megalo Box 2
episode 13 Shine on. (Complete. A very good sequel which mostly impressed asides from some plot elements feeling a tad dragged out. With said though this was another highlight for the season.) 4/5

Dragonball Z Kai: The Final Chapters
episodes 122-142

I've Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level (English Dub) Episode 5

My Hero Academia Season 5 (English Dub) Episode 12

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun 2nd Season (English Dub) Episode 26

Battle Athletes Victory ReSTART! Episode 12 Undaunted. (Complete. A sports anime with a different take on sporting competition with it's galactic scenario.) 3/5

Don't Toy with Me, Miss Nagatoro
Episode 12 Portrait. (Complete. This that made for some rather amusing viewing depending on each episodes scenario. Overall this was a relatively fun.) 3/5

EDENS ZERO
Episode 12 Popularity.

I've Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level Episode 12 A booming grand opening. (Complete. An enjoyable fantasy series with a mixed and likeable assemblage cast of characters.) 3.5/5

My Hero Academia Season 5
Episode 14 Hidden message.

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun 2nd Season Episode 34 Gossiping.

Ep 24 of Moriarty the Patriot (complete)...they omitted quite a few important arcs which had william and sherlock interacting more and also back story/character development for moran/louis/fred. Other than that is was a very good adaption of the manga. If there is ever a season 2 it won't be for a very long time as its only 3 chapters past where the anime ends in the manga.
Ep 12 of Mars Red

Higehiro: After Being Rejected, I Shaved and Took in a High School Runaway (Japanese audio) - Episode 13 (Completed)
ODDTAXI (Japanese audio) - Episode 13 (Completed)

My top 5 ranking for the best Spring 2021 anime (based on what I have watched thus far):
  1. ODD TAXI - 10/10
  2. MEGALOBOX 2: NOMAD - 9/10
  3. ZOMBIE LAND SAGA REVENGE - 8/10
  4. 86 EIGHTY SIX - 8/10
  5. Moriarty the Patriot Second Cour - 8/10

Fruits Basket: The Final episode 63 Epilogue. (Complete. It was great to finally see the latter part of the manga adapted for this emotional climax.) 4/5

MARS RED
episode 13 Keep on walking. (Complete. There was some intrigue to be had here but the series didn’t always maintain a lot of memorability week-by-week.) 3/5

ODDTAXI
episode 13 Opened eyes. (Complete. A very enjoyable noir-styled series with a unique aesthetic which lent well to the proceedings.) 4.5/5

To Your Eternity
episode 12 Cover me with flowers.

Doctor Who: Time and the Rani [Extended Edition] & extras.

Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters
episodes 143-145

Last edited:
Blue Reflection Ray-I honestly don't see what all the crap this series not getting a bluray release is about. It's a decent maho shoujo series that deserves better than it got.

Twin Spica-I discovered the hidden gem purely by chance (and was it ever hard to find raws and subtitles for it). The series that it reminded me of the most was Rocket Girls.
I haven't watched the anime yet beyond I think just episode one, but the manga of Twin Spica is amazing, one of the few relatively long manga series from my physical collection that I kept after completion in the hopes of reading it again someday, I'm lucky enough to own the long OOP Vertical release and it was a truly magical experience, always nice to see someone else discovering it, so glad you enjoyed it :)

Thunderbolt Fantasy: Sword Seekers 3 - Episode 13 [Final]

A very good episode that tied up the end of another cracking series of Thunderbolt Fantasy really well.

Back Arrow - Episode 24 [Final]

After a shaky start Back Arrow turned into a series I looked forward to every week and had a pleasingly satisfying conclusion, it's been a good season for anime, there's still Eighty Six and Super Cub to catch up on.

Angel Blade - Episodes 1 - 3 [Final] (Blu-ray)

It's been a while since I watched some Masami Obari hentai ( and probably a decade since I last watched this) its silly fun but I love some of the designs in it, I wish Punish would get a blu-ray release as well. I must get back to re-watching more Obari anime.

Future Police Urashiman - Episodes 33 - 37

Urashiman has started a new arc and a few episodes in is getting kinda repetitive again.

Steel Jeeg - Episodes 2- 4

Xanadu - Legend of the Dragon Slayer

Dragon Century - Episodes 1 & 2 [Final]

Another watch of these dragon themed OVAs ahead of reviews on the podcast.

FWIW I've seen all of Eureka Seven TV and the first three FMP shows and they both definitely forge their own identity - aside from the presence of mechs they're not massively similar IMO, and I'd recommend both :)

I'll second this, I've seen both series in their entirety and they are very different from one another. Eureka Seven is a stand out classic imho and I'd certainly recommend the first 2 series of FMP.

Rokka: Brave of the Six Flowers

An interesting series which seems to completely change direction after the first few episodes. The middle episodes were a bit on the slow site before the mystery gets resolved in the last episode before moving on to leave the story on a cliff the big battle and the new character

Nice visuals mind, but not one I will be rushing to rewatch

Back