Your viewing journal

Zombie Land Saga Revenge ep3-4

Oddtaxi ep13 [end]

I’ve seen a few criticisms of the show that I find it hard to argue with, but really I thought Oddtaxi was outstanding from beginning to end - it’s the talking animal neo-noir I never knew how much I wanted. I would be surprised if this doesn’t end up being my best of the year.

Finished The Beast Player Erin, would say it's worth watching but
Erin is too perfect and pure for my liking tbh, I found other characters in the series to be of greater interest and more endearing than her. Not that I disliked her as that would be a bit like hating a puppy, and I respect the sacrifices she makes throughout to an extent but yeah I have mixed feelings about the series' ideology - it was great on the whole tbf though, and it's rare to get anime that tell a complete story without any filler (though there are some recaps), but without rushing things either. Personally I prefer The Twelve Kingdoms and Escaflowne though. I did appreciate that Erin was just an ordinary person and didn't end up being the ruler of a kingdom nor was that ever her goal, and it was nice that this wasn't an isekai as well.

Now I'm watching Sugar Sugar Rune (just finished episode 18) :)

Last edited:
Combatants Will Be Dispatched ep 12 (complete)
Partners in crime.
Really Konosuba with a different skin, maybe a bit lewder. Very funny in places, maybe even more so than Konosuba.
Pretty good production all round.
8/10

Shadows House
ep 13 (complete)
Them pesky kids.
A rather intriguing show that slowly unravels what's happening in this mysterious house. The ending was open ended, but felt fairly satisfactory. Hopefully there's more, if not it's another one for the manga list. The MC was maybe a bit too over excited, but was actually a good juxtaposition against the creeping dreed of the atmosphere.
Again pretty good production. The VAs of the shadows did a good job giving character to their characters given that they had no faces.
8/10

Super Cub
Definitely my favourite Honda commercial. Jokes aside I really enjoyed this more melancholic slice-of-life series from director Toshiro Fujii. Since watching 18if episode 3 I was really looking forward to more of his work and he certainly delivered with Super Cub. His recognisable use of colours and storyboarding really captured that winter atmosphere. The sound design and soundtrack was also a highlight, especially in the first episode which made minimal use of sound, dialogue and music to great effect. Can definitely see episode 1 being my episode of the year. Regarding characters Koguma made for a great MC with her occasional dry humour and determination to overcome the winter. While Reiko and Shii-chan are fun additions to the trio I feel there's a tonal clash with Reiko's focus episode and Shii-chan's drama toward the end. That aside this was a great watch and I'd love to see a second season.

I've recently started Tiger & Bunny and given it's a superhero themed series I figured I'd go with the English dub which sounds great so far. After finishing this and the films I might take a break from the physical backlog to tackle the HIDIVE backlog. With the lack of simulcasts lately I'd rather make use of my subscription and go through their catalogue. No easy feat considering I still have 84 episodes of LOTGH left lol

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom episode 1 Sacrifices to be made.

Kajeki Shojo!! episode 1 Curious to see what theatrics play out in this series.

Remake Our Life! episode 1 A second chance.

Shadows House episode 13 Exposure (Complete. A sometimes eerie supernatural outing which explored a fascinating story concept.) 4/5

So I'm a Spider, So What?
episode 24 (Complete. As a series this was decent though parts felt a bit dragged out and didn’t always keep me engaged but overall a fun anime.) 3.5/5

The Honor at Magic High School
episode 1 A different perspective.

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun Season 2 episode 12 Home visits.

Dragon Ball Super episodes 56-76

I mostly don't keep up with new seasonal anime so I'd pretty much forgotten that it's the third quarter and time for all the July premieres XP I hope everyone enjoys some of these and can manage to find time for and keep track of their weekly watches! :) I'm now on ep 19 of Dear Brother (I picked it back up from episode 17) :)

I mostly don't keep up with new seasonal anime so I'd pretty much forgotten that it's the third quarter and time for all the July premieres XP I hope everyone enjoys some of these and can manage to find time for and keep track of their weekly watches! :) I'm now on ep 19 of Dear Brother (I picked it back up from episode 17) :)
Yeah I've kinda stepped back from seasonal stuff and only watched two shows last season. Always catches me off guard whenever the season changes lol

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 206 Circles.

The Detective is Already Dead episode 1 Another double-episode introduction for the season.

The Duke of Death and his Maid episode 1 Deadly to the touch.

Dragon Ball Super episodes 77-97

July 2nd - July 4th.

Combatants Will Be Dispatched! (English Dub) Episode 7

I've Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level (English Dub) Episode 6

My Hero Academia Season 5 (English Dub) Episode 13

So I'm a Spider, So What? (English Dub) Episode 19

Strike Witches: Road to Berlin (English Dub) Episode 8

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun 2nd Season (English Dub) Episode 27

EDENS ZERO Episode 13 Digital world.

Girlfriend, Girlfriend Episode 1 Love triangle.

Himouto! Umaru-chan Episode 1-12 + Shorts (Complete)

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom Episode 1 A necessary sacrifice.

My Next Life As a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! X Episode 1 Looking forward to another season of this.

Peach Boy Riverside Episode 1 An intriguing start so far.

Remake Our Life! Episode 1 Another chance.

So I'm a Spider, So What? Episode 24 (Complete)

The Detective is Already Dead Episode 1 Another double length first episode.

The Duke of Death and His Maid Episode 1 Deathly touch.

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun 2nd Season Episode 35 Home visits.

Jouran: The Princess of Snow and Blood eps 9-12 (complete)
Revenge?
This started off really intriguing, but after 4 episodes finished what I thought was going to be the overall plot. The next 4 formed another arc that was slower and then confusing as characters changed their motivations on a sixpence! The final arc was more action packed and brought some answers, but again more questionable motives and some out of nowhere reveals and ending that would have been good had the preceding events warranted the fate dealt to our MC.
The art and animation for the most part was very good with some excellent action, but occasionally suffered with stuff like off model shots.
6/10

Life Lessons with Uramichi Oniisan episode 1 I like some dark humour so hopefully this can entertain each week.

Dragon Ball Super episodes 98-109

Back