Your viewing journal

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime 2nd Season (English Dub) Episode 36

The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent Episode 12 (Complete. A fantasy anime with a likeable cast and a simple concept at it's core. The SoL stuff made for some very pleasant viewing.) 3.5/5

The Slime Diaries: That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Episode 12 (Complete. This was a fun and relaxing SoL spin-off. Overall a decent interlude in anticipation for season two's return.) 3.5/5

Finished Chrono Crusade (which was quite good but the religious themes triggered some stuff for me and put me in a mental funk so I'm prob. not gonna watch it again), started on a rewatch of Run With the Wind (first dubbed watch) and began watching my Little Busters Blu-rays (on Season 1) I'm watching it subbed as I don't much care for the dub. Still not finished Sakura Quest but I will after I make some progress with Little Busters (gonna start watching 13 subbed eps of anime per week again and reading one volume of manga a week as well) :)

2021-06-23_4.png

Full Dive: This Ultimate Next-Gen Full Dive RPG Is Even Shittier than Real Life! (Japanese audio) - Episode 12 (Completed)
ZOMBIE LAND SAGA REVENGE (Japanese audio) - Episodes 8-10

Super Cub ep 12 (complete)
Bringing Spring home.
This was essentially a 12 episode advert for the Honda Super Cub, but there was such a chill vibe to it. Sometimes there'd just be nice shots of the characters riding through scenery with a nice piano score. The 2 main characters themselves were complete opposites in almost every way, apart from their love of their Cubs of course, that they played nicely off each other. The only blips were some weird unrealistic things when the show had gone to lengths to be realistic, namely Reiko's attempts to drive up Mount Fuji and then trying to add some drama when Shii fell into the a stream in the middle of Winter where the actions of the girls in trying to overcome the drama felt awkward and unrealistic and thus slightly goofy.
8/10

Steins Gate 1-24

Really great show, I was hooked all the way through. The visual Novel is a chore to read due to poor pacing and over explanation unfortunately, so in my oppinion this is one of those rare instances where the anime adaptation really is the better way to experience it. Now with that said this has gotten me interested in Chaos;Head and Robotic;Notes so I'm hoping those are better paced VN's at the least.

Full Dive: This Ultimate Next-Gen Full Dive RPG Is Even Shittier than Real Life! Episode 12 Do-over. (Complete. A series that for me was neither good nor bad but a very mixed bag overall and certainly not a series I'm likely going to be rewatching anytime soon.) 3/5

Osamake: Romcom Where The Childhood Friend Won't Lose
Episode 11 Truth and reason.

Super Cub Episode 12 Chasing spring. (Complete. Comfy, fun and and fairly laid-back with it's SoL approach, satisfyingly enjoyable overall.) 3/5

Full Dive: The Ultimate Next-Gen Full Dive RPG Is Even Sh*ttier than Real Life! episode 12 Over and over. (Complete. A funny concept but not alway all that interesting or, well, funny. This was a hit and miss overall in that regard.) 3/5

Super Cub
episode 12 Colour of Spring. (Complete. At times quiet and introspective and other times an endearing story of friendship and Super Cubs. This was one of the season’s highlights, though some parts did stick out a bit.) 4/5

Dragon Ball Z Kai (Rewatch)
episodes 56-68

Last edited:
Watched a few more episodes of Little Busters, which I'm appreciating a lot more this time around (have seen some of it before but not most of it) and decided to put Run With the Wind on hiatus for now in order to prioritize series from my backlog that I haven't already seen - I'm now continuing with the DC Comics-based series Teen Titans from where I left off years ago, I'm on Season 3 :)

Halfway through Yona of the Dawn. Pretty decent so far despite the rather basic characters. Hopefully the 2nd cour improves on this.

Also finished Beyond the Boundary. Honestly had a pretty great time with this series until the last 5 minutes. If you're gonna kill one of the main characters then don't suddenly bring them back in the last scene without explanation. Ending aside Characters and action were clear highlights. Could've used some more worldbuilding but with 12 episodes there's only so much they can do I guess. Really hoping KyoAni explores more action focused series in the future. Will be clearing a few more backlog series before tackling the two Beyond the Boundary movies.

Zombieland Saga: Revenge ep 12 (complete)
Revenge!
Same as the first season, but better with some real heartfelt moments and excellent performances.
8/10

Zombieland Saga: Revenge episode 12 A Concert to remember. (Complete. An enjoyable second season which shone a spotlight on members from Franchouchou who didn’t get as much focus previously whilst also continuing to provide an entertaining story.) 4/5

Dragon Ball Z Kai (Rewatch)
episodes 69-81

Last edited:
How Not to Summon a Demon Lord Ω (English Dub) Episode 1

Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 12 (Complete. A more character focused season this time round which casts individual spotlights upon Franchouchous members who didn't get their chance in the limelight. Overall another enjoyable season.) 4/5

Watched the first half of The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya and honestly this feels like it'd benefit from being a series rather than a film. I recognise this is well regarded but the pacing and length is just tiring for me.

Vivy: Flourite’s Eye Song ep13

A consistently engaging series that frequently feels as though it’s bringing something quite fresh to the genre for sci-fi anime. Thinking back on it, I did feel that the series was at its best in the first half, however - the last arc in particular didn’t grab me as much as what had gone before. I would have been interested to see what it might have done with a second cour though, it did feel like there was still mileage in some of the subplots.

Zombie Land Saga: Revenge ep1-2

The new OP is pretty great.

Lupin III: Part 2 ep36-37

Steady work. Seeing Fujiko team up with Goemon is a welcome change, and it did amuse me to see Lupin ambush his mark by hiding in their safe. It could well be just a coincidence, but there's a very similar gag in Golgo 13's first manga appearance, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if there was considerable cross-pollination between the two series over the years.

Super Cub - my original intention was to watch the first episode but ended up watching episodes 1 to 8. This anime has me hooked :D

Fruits Basket: The Final - Season 3 episode 12, cannot believe this is the penultimate episode 😭😭😭

Slime Diaries - episode 12, it has been fun watching Slime Diaries but I am ready for Season 2 of That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime :)

Let's Make a Mug Too ep 12 (complete)
Results.
What's this, a CGDCT I didn't love! The theme, pottery, was probably not interesting or wacky enough for me compared to say astronomy and board games from other shows and I didn't really click with the characters, they were all a bit too energetic, apart from one who was way too overly enthusiastic and the MC with her bouts of doubt as to whether she would be as good as her mother which added drama to the mix that again was more distracting than anything, although it had a nice pay off. I can't see how it's getting a second season, unless it was the story about how her mother got to be so good and her romance with the MC's father, I'd watch that.
Art was very nice and very colourful.
6/10

Those Snow White Notes
ep 12 (complete)
Home truths.
The first episode gave the impression that this would be about a musician struggling to live in a new place whilst also trying to find his sound, but the next episode is like "psych" it's now a high school club show, complete with tournament arc. Whilst the struggle with his sound part was part of it, I'm not a musician so most, if not all, of it sounded good to me. And there's the thing where you get the other characters describing what the music sounds like "ooh it's like rainfall on a clear day", I'm like "no it's a Shamisen, it sounds like a Shamisen!". These are usually accompanied by visuals of the description and most, compared to Kono Oto Tomare and especially Your Lie in April, weren't great here. And this didn't have either the characters that grabbed me or the romantic angle of those 2. The ending also felt like we were only half way through the story, if that!
Art and animation were OK, music was very good though.
6/10

Cestvs: The Roman Fighter
ep 11 (complete)
The next stage.
The setting was interesting and the story had it's moments, even though you sort of know he's going to win his fights, but was another not finished story, this time ending in a bit of a weird place. Apparently it's another butchered adaptation, but I felt it flowed well enough.
The characters flipped between 2D and 3D with the 2D being OK, but the character designs looked slightly different from the 3D ones (the more prominent style) which was off putting. In 3D the fights were really good, I guess they were mo-capped, but the talking scenes were most definitely not and were on the more uncanny side of the uncanny valley.
6/10

Combatants Will Be Dispatched
ep 8
Negotiations.

Moriarty the Patriot s2 eps 10 & 11
Mystery trail leading to a fateful meeting.

Kämpfer
Episodes 1 - 12 plus the 2 OVAs

Seems the company were hoping for more episodes to get made as the ending doesn't really resolve anything. Seems a strange concept for a show you must fight each other but the reason why you need to fight isn't revealed until nearer the end.

Back