Your viewing journal

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex eps 15-19
All Stand Alone episodes with some interesting stuff about AI, a couple of episodes focused on individual members (Batou and Aramaki), and a couple of episodes focused on sensitive issues.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: Tachikomatic Days (dub) eps 15-19

Shironeko Project ZERO Chronicle ep 5
That was unexpected, but the end of the battle was a bit weird as the enemy had laid waste to an entire army just to be stopped by 2 people, King and Queen of their respective countries and powerful themselves, but still! Also I wonder what this means for the rest of the story.

Woodpecker Detective's Office ep 4
Crimson love.

Fruits Basket s2 e5
A bit of a mixed episode again. A long comedic section with a secondary plot about a character acting out of character or maybe it was some of that Souma charm. Although none of the others made her swoon like that!

Princess Connect! Re: Dive ep 5
Tough medicine.

Fruits Basket 2nd Season episode 30 “Laughter can blow the fear away.”

Princess Connect! Re: Dive episode 5 Hospital hell.

Woodpecker Detective’s Office episode 4 Bad Moon Rising.

Doctor Who: The Face of Evil

Guilty Crown episodes 3-4

Monogatari Series: Second Season episodes 6-7

MondaysMonogatari Series: Second Season728
TuesdaysClaymore426
WednesdaysWolf's Rain1326
ThursdaysMobile Suit Gundam1042
FridaysAldnoah.Zero612
SaturdaysSound of the Sky
Sound of the Sky Specials
SundaysWelcome to the NHK!624
ExtraGuilty Crown422
SimulwatchRahXephon926

I’ve watched a lot of stuff
All the below are I watched only episode one
Argevollen
Armed Girls Machiavellian
Blue Seed
Saiyuki
Ushio & Tora
UQ Holder!
Plunderer
The Galaxy Railways
Radiant
Fafner
Aquarion Logo
Guyver : The Bioboosted Armor
Martian Successor Nadesico

Also watched
D.Gray-man episode 1-3
Assassination Classroom episode 1-5

Scrapped Princess Episodes 5 to 12
Turning into a decent story, building the characters up on both side of the fight.

SING "YESTERDAY" FOR ME 1-5

I really want to like this, it's got NHK vibes, but I can't seem to get over the fact everyone seems to be more of a character than a person. I don't feel like NHK suffered from this as much for some reason, even with Tatsuhiro and Misaki's shenanigans, maybe I should re-watch that to prove myself wrong?

Also the sheer number of coincidences! How small is this town that around every corner is a misunderstanding between two of the cast, and everyone seems weirdly related to everyone else through some miracle. Again, I really want to like this, and I feel like I want to continue, so I must not dislike it? But it's making it so hard!

@HWR @D1tchd1gger Since you seem to both be following this, am I the only one thinking this way?

Side note: BNA, Kakushigoto and Nami yo Kiitekure making this a really strong season.

Macross Frontier-even though I've watched it a couple of time it never ceases to amaze me with how fantastic it is.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex eps 20-26 (re-watch complete)
7 episodes that wrap up the Laughing Man case or does it with the penultimate scene suggesting that the main witness for the prosecution was blown up? That part was cut by the OVA. Watching it like this definitely made more sense. Most of the Stand Alone episodes were very interesting, but with a couple of duds. I think they could have interspersed them more with the Complex episodes, but I guess once some of the events towards the end start there was no time to stop.
The CG has definitely dated, but I've seen worse from the same era and even in more recent shows!
8/10

Bleach Arcs 1-3 Already rewatched the first 3 arcs fairly recently 3 years ago. Need to get back to watching the rest after stopping again after the 5th Arc.
Cowboy Bebop (about time I re-rewatched!)
Fullmetal Alchemist
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (1st GIG)
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (2nd GIG)
Gundam SEED
.hack//SIGN
Planetes
s-CRY-ed
Vision of Escaflowne
Witch Hunter Robin
Wolf's Rain

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: Tachikomatic Days (dub) eps 20-26 (re-watch complete)
Some were funnier than others and all were very short.
6/10

Since you seem to both be following this, am I the only one thinking this way?
To a certain extent this happens in every piece of fiction. A certain thing happens to someone and interesting events happen from that point on. Just a few off the top of my head: Nearly every boy Tohru Honda meets in Fruits Basket is a Souma, Kirito was happily playing his new VRMMO before some nutjob decided to turn into a death trap, Tetsuo just happened to run into one of the "children", etc, etc.
If some coincidence didn't happen most stories would be very boring. Rikuo would go to his sad part-time job and then go home, eat, sleep, repeat. It's whether the events that spin off from these coincidences are interesting or not as to whether something is good or not and I'm enjoying this and never really thought about that aspect. There definitely have been shows where I thought "now that was a little too convenient" though.

Monogatari Series: Second Season episodes 8-9

Guilty Crown episodes 5-6

Claymore episodes 5-6

RahXephon episodes 10-11

MondaysMonogatari Series: Second Season928
TuesdaysClaymore626
WednesdaysWolf's Rain1326
FridaysAldnoah.Zero612
ExtraGuilty Crown622
SimulwatchRahXephon1126

Future War Year 198X

Rewatch of this this excellent film made at a time when Cold War tensions were rising again and depicts the Cold War going hot and the break out of a nuclear confrontation between the US and USSR.

Science Ninja Team Gatchaman - Episodes 96 - 98 (Blu-ray)

RahXephon - Episodes 9 - 11 (Blu-ray)

Little Witch Academia episode 1 -13
Really fun show. Engaging cast, great Trigger animation, fun stories and really fun world they've built as well.

Hidamari Sketch Specials
2 more fun episodes with the girls.

Last edited:
Ahiru no Sora episode 30 Momentum.

TAMAYOMI: The Baseball Girls episode 6 Birthday.

Tower of God episode 6 Position assignments.

Doctor Who: The Talons of Weng-Chiang

Wolf's Rain episodes 14, 19-20
Skipped episodes 15-18 as they were recaps

Guilty Crown episodes 7-8

MondaysMonogatari Series: Second Season928
TuesdaysClaymore626
WednesdaysWolf's Rain2026
FridaysAldnoah.Zero612
ExtraGuilty Crown822
SimulwatchRahXephon1126

Last edited:
Kakushigoto episode 6 Confidence.

The 8th Son? Are you Kidding Me? episode 6 Console.

Whose Doctor Who? (Documentary)

Scrapped Princess Episodes 13 to 24 (complete)

A nice little series, not all action as it allowed the characters to build up some more.

Back