Your viewing journal

Actually Affair On Norlandia and Flight 005 are considered to be ovas, Project Eden is a true movie. Of the 3 my favorite has to be Affair On Norlandia. I have the original Streamline vhs cassette of it and belive it or not it is still playable.

Yeah, I know those are OVAs 😓, they're often referred to the 'features' and are considered separate from the OVAs series so I refer to them as the movies like a lot of people do.

Knights of Sidonia season 1 rewatch and season2

Excellent show. The animation is great, the sound design is exceptional, the music great, the characters fun and varied, the action is incredible, the world and setting is so interesting and original. Really hope we get a season 3.

Knights of Sidonia gets a hard time especially for the animation but like you think they're both great series and I like the animation too. The first series is fantastic 10/10 sci-fi for me.

Science Ninja Team Gatchaman - Episodes 87 - 95 (Blu-ray)

10 episodes to go, and I'm just so into this series!

Rebuild of Evangelion 1.11 (Blu-ray)
Rebuild of Evangelion 2.22 (Blu-ray)
Rebuild of Evangelion 3.33 (Blu-ray)

I really wanted to rewatch these now that 3.0 + 1.0 is going to (hopefully still) get released in the summer. 1.11 repeats some of my favourite bits from early on in the TV series mostly the parts with Misato and the sniper sequence. I'm not overly keen on the second film but I do like the direction the third film takes. It's made want to watch the tv series again.

Venus Wars (Blu-ray)

I've owned Venus Wars on 3 formats now and it's a very worthwhile upgrade to HD. I love this film and I like it just as much now as I did when I first watched it in the early 90s.

RahXephon - Episodes 1 - 8 (Blu-ray)

Rewatching as part of simulwatch and enjoying it.

The Girl in Twilight episodes 10-12
This series really is a hidden gem. An interesting concept and fun characters with Asuka (both of them) being a fantastic protagonist. Her character development in the last few episodes was great to watch. 8/10

Sound of the Sky
episodes 6-9
Episode 8 is incredibly cursed

Sound of the Sky Specials episode 1

RahXephon episodes 7-8

MondaysMonogatari Series: Second Season528
TuesdaysClaymore426
WednesdaysWolf's Rain1326
ThursdaysMobile Suit Gundam1042
FridaysAldnoah.Zero612
SaturdaysSound of the Sky
Sound of the Sky Specials
SundaysWelcome to the NHK!424
ExtraThe Girl in Twilight 1212
SimulwatchRahXephon826

Last edited:
Arte ep 5
Tough negotiations.

Kaguya-sama: Love is War s2 e4
Putting on an act, misunderstandings and a rival appears.

Villainess ep 5
I assume we're heading for the secret hidden yuri ending of the game. It is hinted at in the OP.

Sing "Yesterday" for Me ep 5
No regrets.

Ascendance of a Bookworm 2 ep 5
Getting to grips with the new responsibilities.

Arte episode 5 Influence.

Ascendance of a Bookworm Part 2 episode 19 Ceremony.

Gal & Dino episode 5 Paying respects.

My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes lead to Doom! episode 5 Stealing more major events.

Sing “YESTERDAY” For Me episode 5 A face from the past appears.

Doctor Who: The Masque of Mandragora

Doctor Who: The Hand of Fear

Great Dangaioh episodes 8 to 13 (complete)
Ending felt rushed (but reading on Wikipedia it was originally going to be 26 episodes so might explain the rushed feeling). Bit more enemy of the week but moved into a bigger enemy & more background to the characters (and fan service, especially with the episode with the robot).

Magikano episodes 1-2
Next title from my R1 backlog, a magical girl show with introductions to the main characters. Will be interesting to see how it develops further (and as it appears to be raining I suspect it will be sooner rather than later)

May 1st to May 3rd.

Asteroid in Love (English Dub) Episode 5-6

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (English Dub) Episode 26 (Complete)

Nekopara (English Dub) Episode 9

A Certain Scientific Railgun T Episode 13 Beneath.

Arte Episode 5 Some tough haggling.

Ascendance of a Bookworm 2nd Season Episode 19 Settling into your new role.

Gleipnir Episode 5 Slice.

Kaguya-Sama: Love is War 2nd Season Episode 16 Acting, Misunderstanding's and a challenger.

Love, Election and Chocolate Episode 1-12 + OVA (Complete. A school based series that on the surface appers to be just your typical High School show, However on the underside is a whole different story. What I found the most intriguing about this was the entire political side and just how relatable it is to the ugly side of politics IRL.) 3.5/5

My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! Episode 5 More event snatching.

Shachibato! President, It's Time for Battle! Episode 5 Underground.

Tsugu Tsugumomo Episode 5 Heartfelt reunion.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex eps 11-14
1 Complex episode and 3 Stand Alone that were interesting enough, but not the best of the ones I've seen so far, nor the worst.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: Tachikomatic Days (dub) eps 11-14

Shachibato! ep 5
A new recruit.

Gleipnir ep 5
A test of strength.

Never Ending Man: Hayao Miyazaki

Magikano Episodes 3 to 9
An interesting magic comedy series so far. Will hopefully finish tomorrow after work.

Guilty Crown episodes 1-2
My review so far is that I am completely lost but at least Hiroyuki Sawano does good music.

Welcome to the NHK! episodes 5-6

RahXephon episode 9

MondaysMonogatari Series: Second Season528
TuesdaysClaymore426
WednesdaysWolf's Rain1326
ThursdaysMobile Suit Gundam1042
FridaysAldnoah.Zero612
SaturdaysSound of the Sky
Sound of the Sky Specials
SundaysWelcome to the NHK!624
ExtraGuilty Crown222
SimulwatchRahXephon926

Angel’s Egg (Tenshi no Tamago) (Film) Visceral and unnerving but also beautiful and poignant this was quite the experience and I’ve never seen anything quite like it. This felt like a film I’ll need to revisit someday to get a different perspective on. 3.5/5

Doctor Who: The Deadly Assassin

Wonderful Days (also known as Sky Blue)-I have this on bluray (it took me a couple of years to find the oop UK release)-it's a really good story of a dystopian future world. It's korean but for all purposes it might as well be anime.

Anonymous Noise
Very good drama series this. Everyone is in love with someone different, and no one can open up properly to the person they should! All framed with being in a band and using that to find ones voice. It's all very much a concept in down with.

Initial D movie trilogy
Really enjoyed this films. Full of blow hard dude bros whose entire status depends on how quick they are behind the wheel. It's really well animated and the races look great and theres enough exposition to keep those unaware of street racing informed without bogging the show down.

Hidamari Sketch Hoshimittsu (season 3)
Another charming series. 2 new friends join the group and more laid back shenanigans ensue!

Magikano Episodes 10 to 13

Bit of random fan service, but an unusual ending (where time is reversed to go back to the start to prevent the world from ending) which seemed to be a complete change to the pace of the previous episodes. Makes me wonder if the anime was due to be longer but got cut back with a rushed ending.

Scrapped Princess Episodes 1 to 4

Interesting series so far, seems to be a good plot line and pace so far.

Back