Your viewing journal

Banana Fish episode 10 Ash makes another enemy.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 72 Revealing that right in front of elders was always going to cause trouble.

Doctor Who The Invasion Decided to revisit one of my all time favourites. I adore this story for having a superb villain and truly introducing The Brigadier and Benton as well. also appreciated the score and iconic moment such as the Cybermen bursting out of the sewers.

Darling in the FranXX eps 7-12
Lots of fun and games for the first 2 episodes and the veil starts to slip as they have more angst and more about the world is revealed.

There was a few things that stuck out as weird: why tease a character at the end of 6, then only give them a few lines only to disappear again till 12; if they're "going through puberty" (sounded to me like Nana thought it had just started!) someone should have told the character designer (Zero Two, Kokoro and Miku all have large breasts and Ichigo and Ikuno are exactly flat which suggests that puberty started a while ago, maybe a miss-translation?) and why would Hiro promise to pilot a FranXX with Mitsuru if they can only function with a male and female "couple"?

Overlord III episode 9

Steins;Gate 0 episode 20 - The suffering continues

How Not to Summon a Demon Lord episode 10 - They really did that huh?

BanG Dream! Girls Band Party!☆PICO episode 10

Junji Ito: Collection episode 13 - I guess it's better than most episodes but it still looks so goofy and really fails as an adaptation of Junji Ito's works. Thanks Studio Deen. 5/10

Tsukigakirei episode 6.5 - Pretty convenient that I forgot about this series 6 episodes in. A recap episode is useful for once.

How Not to Summon a Demon Lord (English Dub) Episode 7 (Uncensored)

Kakuriyo: Bed & Breakfast for Spirits (English Dub) Episode 21

How Not to Summon a Demon Lord (Sub) Episode 10 (Uncensored)
Bruh. I can't believe they actually did that, talk about SAUCY, and what surprised me even more was that the scene had no censorship at all. Diablo ends up in a magic replenishing "threesome".

Seven Senses of the Re'Union (Sub) Episode 10

Casshan - Episode 16 (Blu-ray)

Twilight Q - Episodes 1 & 2 [Final]
Love Position - The Legend of Halley

Watched these again ahead of recording the podcast.

Darling in the FranXX eps 13-18
13-15 were really good. We got some backstory and some more angst and then more action and a nice reunion.
16-18 were weird where the show turned into a version of Lord of the Flies and Zero Two's character is way too deredere (I much preferred her with a bit of cockiness like when we first met her), but looks like it's all come crashing to a halt.

Akkun to Kanojo (Sub) Episode 23

Angels of Death (Sub) Episode 10

Chio's School Road (Sub) Episode 10
Momo goes on a sugar rush binge and Chiharu continues to seek revenge.

Happy Sugar Life (Sub) Episode 9
Asahi receives a clue to shio's whereabouts. Shoko discovers the truth and Sato snaps and goes of the deep end.

Harukana Receive (Sub) Episode 10
Really good match. Team Harukana struggles as Team Thomas shows their class as to why they are ranked No 2.

Angels of Death episode 10 Rachel goes on trial.

Chio's School Road episode 10 Quite the sweet tooth you have there...

Grand Blue Dreaming episode 9 Truth or dare in the "King's Game" and a nod to Evangelion.

Harukana Receive episode 10 Nice to see the match is taking up more than one episode, though the tension for next week...

Muhyo & Roji's Bureau of Supernatural Investigations episode 6 That's A hot spring episode alright.

My Sweet Tyrant episode 23 Another cute endeavour.

Revue Starlight episodes 8-9

My Hero Academia Season 3 episode 22

Cells at Work episode 10

Death Billiards - And now I want to re-watch Death Parade. Very good as a concept piece and provided enough mystery to leave it open for a series. 8/10

And now to go back to three series that I put on-hold due to watching too much at the time.

Tsukigakirei episode 7

School Babysitters episode 6

How to Keep a Mummy episode 4

Cells at Work episode 10 More germs attack though this week the monocytes/macrophages lend a hand.

Music Girls episode 10 The characters seemed off model this week. That aside I liked the subplot with Sasame (best girl) though the prolonged moping of Uori felt like padding and it's just dragging the overall quality of the last 1/3 down for me.

My Hero Academia 3rd Season episode 60 Liked that Silence of the Lambs style conversation. And finally the awaited fight, thought they'd leave this until the end of the season.

Persona 5 The Animation episode 23 The "I'll unmask you" moment has almost made this series worth slogging through.

Tokyo Ghoul [Live Action] (Film) One of the more decent live action manga adaptations I've seen. This was mainly due to a solid pace and not trying to cram too much material into the film. The actors did a fine job (though Mado was a bit toned back character-wise) and the CGI wasn't great. With the success of the manga I am curious as to whether they'd make another film or not. 3.5/5

Toradora! episodes 1-12

Last edited:
Back