Your viewing journal

Spent today clearing several bonus episodes and shorts from the collection

Play Play Pleiades episodes 1-8 - A series of chibi shorts focusing on the Pleiades from Overlord. It's decent I guess. 6/10

Nozaki-kun Specials 1-6 - Essentially a beach episode split into 6 parts. Same good fun as usual. 8/10

Gurren Lagann Parallel Works 1-14 - It was pretty much just a collection of music videos to the soundtrack and aside from three episodes I found it boring to watch. 5/10

Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash episode 2.5 - A continuation of episode 2. Was there even a point in making this? 4/10

Black Clover episode 48 A shounen battle isn't complete without some backstory-filled flashbacks.

Overlord III episode 9 Ainz deals with a smarmy emperor though seldom knows what exactly to do next without some prompting.

The Slayers Next episodes 1-16

Steins;Gate 0 ep 18
It all kicks off in this episode, and we get the reveal of who was behind the events of the series.
I wonder if they made it out of there? There would be much more wreckage than an antenna if they didn’t!

Attack on Titan s3 e7
Another great episode. Epic fight at the start, some answers towards the end, and a cliffhanger.

Angolmois: Record of Mongol Invasion ep 9
More interesting tactics as they try to defend their position as the Mongols attack.

Overlord III episode 9
Still preferred last season
Holmes of Kyoto episode 7
I'm enjoying this more now...its more down to the characters than the plot though

twin star exerocist (part 1, 1-2) - one of the ones I felt I haven't seen in years, I don't think the dub is stellar but I remember liking the series enough to stick with it's 50+ run -.-
flip flappers 1- if FLCL got yuri and had super saiyans flying around every where, it would probably be simular to this entire series

Darling in the FranXX eps 1-2 (rewatch) 3-6 (dub)
Seeing as I'm on a roll with Trigger shows I thought I'd catch up with this from earlier in the year. Went with dub for lazyness and so I could consentrate on the visuals even though the VA for Hiro sounds too old (he doesn't seem to have done too many anime so I'll put this down to inexperience!?). Zero Two is very good though (as were both Japanese VAs).
You can see a lot of parallels with previous stuff going back to their Gainax days with obvious parallels to NGE and Gurren Lagann with the teen angst and the mech designs of NGE and the enemy designs and quotable lines: "with the wings I share with you" of GL. The art reminds me of Kiznaiver although different character designers.

Last edited:
Free! Dive to the Future episode 9 Some decent Engrish in this week's comfier outing.

The Slayers Next episodes 17-26 (Complete. Similarly fun antics to the first season and with a darker turn towards the final act that I overall liked more than the original.) 3.5/5

Was off work yesterday, sick with a bad summer cold, so I caught up on the few streaming shows I've been watching on the Roku and TV from my living room recliner:

Holmes of Kyoto Eps 6-9. Really liking this show, I hope it has a decent ending to it.

We Rent Tsukumogami Eps 6-7. This one is not bad either, kind of a light Mushi-shi style show. A lot of Japanese culture in this one.

Phantom in the Twilight Eps 6-9. Enjoying this series more as I get further into it.

Angolmois: Record of Mongol Invasion Eps 1-9. Since It's been so long since I watched the first two episodes, I started over from the beginning again as a refresher, and marathoned straight through all the episodes. I knew I would really like this one, bit it's even more intriguing than I thought it could be. Kept me pretty much glued to the telly all afternoon.

Eps 14-25 of Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season (complete)
Mobile Suit Gundam 00: Awakening of a Trailblazer
Ep 9 of Cells at Work
Ep 1 of Double Decker! Doug & Kirill
Eps 3-7 of Attack on Titan Season 3

Mobile Suit Gundam the Origin I: Blue Eyed Casval (Japanese audio) - OVA
Mobile Suit Gundam the Origin II: Artesia's Sorrow (Japanese audio) - OVA
Mobile Suit Gundam the Origin III: Dawn of Rebellion (Japanese audio) - OVA
Mobile Suit Gundam the Origin IV: Eve of Destiny (Japanese audio) - OVA
Rokka -Braves of the Six Flowers- (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-12 (Complete)

As you can see I tried to do another round of anime on-disc backlog. I actually took a break since I felt burned out prior to this month, hence why I started playing Peace Walker and finally checking out The Handmaiden.

Today I went through the entirety of both Rokka -Braves of the Six Flowers- and the first four Gundam Origin OVAs. Both were really good. Now the rest of the backlog I'll be bringing to my new flat but just the discs, thankfully there's not much left which is quite an achievement considering I had so much to watch after finishing University around 15 months ago.

Two cour shows (3 remaining):
  • Claymore
  • Gundam Reconguista in G
  • Ouran High School Host Club
One cour shows (2 remaining):
  • Lord Marksman and Vanadis
  • Love Live! Sunshine!! Season 1
Movies (6 films):
  • The Anthem of the Heart
  • Beyond the Boundary -I'll Be Here- Part 1
  • Beyond the Boundary -I'll Be Here- Part 2
  • Fuse: Memoirs of a Hunter Girl
  • In This Corner of the World
  • Psychic School Wars

Mobile Suit Gundam the Origin I: Blue Eyed Casval (Japanese audio) - OVA
Mobile Suit Gundam the Origin II: Artesia's Sorrow (Japanese audio) - OVA
Mobile Suit Gundam the Origin III: Dawn of Rebellion (Japanese audio) - OVA
Mobile Suit Gundam the Origin IV: Eve of Destiny (Japanese audio) - OVA
Rokka -Braves of the Six Flowers- (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-12 (Complete)

As you can see I tried to do another round of anime on-disc backlog. I actually took a break since I felt burned out prior to this month, hence why I started playing Peace Walker and finally checking out The Handmaiden.

Today I went through the entirety of both Rokka -Braves of the Six Flowers- and the first four Gundam Origin OVAs. Both were really good. Now the rest of the backlog I'll be bringing to my new flat but just the discs, thankfully there's not much left which is quite an achievement considering I had so much to watch after finishing University around 15 months ago.

Two cour shows (3 remaining):
  • Claymore
  • Gundam Reconguista in G
  • Ouran High School Host Club
One cour shows (2 remaining):
  • Lord Marksman and Vanadis
  • Love Live! Sunshine!! Season 1
Movies (6 films):
  • The Anthem of the Heart
  • Beyond the Boundary -I'll Be Here- Part 1
  • Beyond the Boundary -I'll Be Here- Part 2
  • Fuse: Memoirs of a Hunter Girl
  • In This Corner of the World
  • Psychic School Wars
the usual part of the post: gundam fan, eh?
the spoiler: how have you not seen claymore yet!

Back