Your viewing journal

Dragon Slayer: The Legend of Heroes - Episodes 1 & 2 [Final]

Dragon Half - Episodes 1 & 2 [Final]

A re-watch of these OVAs ahead of a review on the podcast

Darling in the Franxx - Episode 12

One Punch Man ep 3 (rewatch)
I say rewatch, but I fell asleep last time. Still only mildly amusing.

Dagashi Kashi s2 e10
Stuff happens. Is that Hotaru returning next episode 😀

A couple from new season:
Kakuriyo - Bed & Breakfast for Spirits -
Seems like a mash up of Konohana Kitan (similar world and location - an inn) and Magus Bride (girl possibly becomes bride to mystical being, just a lot less willing than Chise). Not a bad opener.

Love To Lie Angle
That was short and um........ That was short! Mmmm cherries 😉

Overlord 2 (complete)
As much as I liked this season I thought the end was a bit of an anticlimax

Takunomi (complete)
Funny this one but very short.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Rewatch)-Episodes 11-14

Overlord Season 2-Episode 13 (Complete)

I've been a little bit meh on this second season, it really slowed down a lot in the middle, and the lack of Ains has been a big let down too. The last two episodes were an improvement, I just hope the upcoming third season can keep up the momentum.

Love to Lie Angle-Episode 1

Honestly, this was too short and insubstantial to really form any opinion on. I like the character designs I guess, but I have no idea what pretty much anything else is going to be like, at only 3 minutes long, it was over before it really started.

Gundam Build Divers Prolouge

So it's Gundam, but also kind of a sports anime, and also there's a talking dog? I'm in.

Last edited:
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam (Japanese audio) - Episodes 26-33

Do yourself a favour and skip the Next Episode Previews for all episodes, you're just going to get spoiled by major plot events.

Black Clover episode 26 Another alright episode

Overlord II episode 13 (Complete. A more arc heavy season, this continued to be a good series with the fantasy taking more focus than the VR elements and various power struggles. I did find it to be a little less engaging in places due to the lack of the MC Ainz and that the ending wasn't exactly that great. The announcement of season 3 means not waiting long to see what happens next. Good times.) 3.5/5

Tokyo Ghoul: re episode 1 Though they rushed through much of the first volume, including some key details (which I hope they address later on) and had an OP that gives a lot away, this wasn't bad, I just hope they slow the pace a bit over the course of the next few episodes/arc. I'm hoping this is decent, as re is one of the best manga I've read.

Hidamari Sketch x Hoshimittsu episodes 7-12/Specials 1-2 (Complete. Another loveable season of one of my favourite SoLs. There's such a simple but fulfilling charm to this franchise that hasn't been replicated. Shame there's only one season left to watch.) 4/5

Himouto! Umaru-Chan R episodes 1-3 Putting my new HiDIVE subscription to use. Shame there's no PS4 app.

Ancient Magus Bride (Dub) Episode 22

Overlord II (Sub) Episode 13 (Complete)
Awesome, Bring on season 3.

Space Battleship Tiramisu (Sub) Episode 1
WTF! did I just watch. This reminded way to much of FMP, especially the MC who is a space version of Sagara with his OTT antics, and dont get me started on the Star Wars reference at the start. Funny but to damn short.

Ep 1 of The Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These...since Sentai's release of the original is way out of my price range i'll have to be content with the new version.
Ep 1 of Kakuriyo: Bed & Breakfast for Spirits
Ep 1 of Space Battleship Tiramasu....what did i just watch?!!!

Overlord season 2 (complete) - I love Overlord and very much enjoyed season two, cant wait for next season!
Fate Extra (Complete -ish) - Utter garbage from start to finish, certainly worst Fate
Space Dandy season 2 ep 10-11

fate/apocrypha 13-19 - I won't go too in depth of the episodes, but it seems like many of them are changing art subtlety, and the eden giant didn't seem as good as what happened near the end of the first half jack's reality marble was pretty dark though, and made you think! also changed some allegiance I believe will see if this turns out better
tokyo ghoul RE 1 - this seems like it rushed through a bunch of chapters that introduce the new cast and recognise the returning cast, notifications on who people are seemed to go lightning fast, leaving me none the wiser about characters who weren't mentioned often, it seems like I'd have a better idea of what's going on if Root A never happened and the timeline it had was adapted better, but they shot through this one to chase down one guy in particular, I'm not a fan of things that start with this kind of pace I mean what's going on? who are these people?

Legend of Galactic Heroes: Nudie Thesis ep1

A little surprised at them splitting the battle into two parts (I think in the original it was just one episode?), but this was a promising start. Time will tell as to how the adaptation shapes up, but Production IG have really pulled out all the stops - it looks fantastic.

Lupin III Part 5 ep1

To quote twitter:
i still can't believe "lupin iii steals bitcoin from deep web drug and arms dealers and in retaliation they turn lupin into a meme" is a real premise of a real anime

Seriously though, I really enjoyed that. I don't want to make any predictions on the strength of one episode, but it would not surprise me if I end up liking this more than Part 4.

Based on the first episode, would it be ok for me to watch Lupin III Part 5 having only watched Castle of Cagliostro and 1 episode of Part 1? I wouldn't normally skip any series but seems like Lupin is one of the few exceptions where it's ok.

Tokyo Ghoul RE ep 1 really enjoyed this episode can't wait for next week, I'll definitely pick up the manga at some point.
Alice or Alice ep 1 I'll probably put this series on hold now, not because I didn't enjoy it, it's just that it's only three minutes an episode so I'll wait til it's finished and then watch them all in one go.
Kakuriyo: Bed & Breakfast for Spirits ep 1 I wasn't too sure about this one but I'm going to stick with it for the minute.
Real Girl ep 1
Umamusume Pretty Derby ep 1

Based on the first episode, would it be ok for me to watch Lupin III Part 5 having only watched Castle of Cagliostro and 1 episode of Part 1? I wouldn't normally skip any series but seems like Lupin is one of the few exceptions where it's ok.

Yeah, you'd be fine. I've seen some folk commenting that Part 5 could do more to introduce the characters, but if you already know who's who, you're good to go.

Tokyo Ghoul: Re ep 1
I'm guessing this disregards Root A to an extent. In the first season Ken Kaneki after being turned into a half ghoul is a bit of a wet blanket unless really pushed so he spares one of the Doves which must lead them to think that making a squad of half ghouls is a good idea! Because in Root A in an attempt to get stronger, after Jason breaks him, he joins the bad ghouls and goes a bit nuts, killing CCG members in the process. And still fails to protect his friends!

One Punch Man eps 4-6
A bit more amusing and seems to have developed an actual plot!

Back