Your viewing journal

Tokyo Ghoul: Re ep 1
I'm guessing this disregards Root A to an extent. In the first season Ken Kaneki after being turned into a half ghoul is a bit of a wet blanket unless really pushed so he spares one of the Doves which must lead them to think that making a squad of half ghouls is a good idea! Because in Root A in an attempt to get stronger, after Jason breaks him, he joins the bad ghouls and goes a bit nuts, killing CCG members in the process. And still fails to protect his friends!

One Punch Man eps 4-6
A bit more amusing and seems to have developed an actual plot!
Yeah re looks to be adapting the manga and that continuity. Root A was never designed to be that faithful to the manga but an Alternative route for the story to take. Therefore certain story elements are carried over, such as much of the interactions between the CCG members, and some aren't, such as Kaneki joining Aogiri.

Correct. You're supposed to read volumes 1-14 of the manga before watching Tokyo Ghoul:re's anime adaptation.
So far it doesn't seem to need too much previous knowledge. I know the world and how it works from season 1. I guess the events leading to the formation of such a team is the only gap in my knowledge, but I can make that up in my head canon 😃

If it gets too confusing I might read them, or probably just look up the plot on Wikipedia.

So far it doesn't seem to need too much previous knowledge. I know the world and how it works from season 1. I guess the events leading to the formation of such a team is the only gap in my knowledge, but I can make that up in my head canon 😃

If it gets too confusing I might read them, or probably just look up the plot on Wikipedia.
It's well worth reading TG and Re, the adaptations don't do Sui Ishida's art or story justice at all. They're fine, but the manga is much deeper and more intricate.

It's well worth reading TG and Re, the adaptations don't do Sui Ishida's art or story justice at all. They're fine, but the manga is much deeper and more intricate.
Yeah the anime didn't make me think I should immediately go out and buy the manga. Most of the manga I've read are from shows/films I really liked.

Yeah the anime didn't make me think I should immediately go out and buy the manga. Most of the manga I've read are from shows/films I really liked.
That's the problem with the series really. I watched it, thought it was a cool concept and had some great parts to it and then read the manga and thought it was very good. I think Tokyo Ghoul: re is a better manga though (one of my favourite) which is why I want this anime to not mess it up.

Last edited:
Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card (Dub) Episode 11

Dagashi Kashi 2 (Dub) Episode 10

Interviews with Monster Girls (Dub) Episode 13

Overlord II (Dub) Episode 10

3D Kanojo: Real Girl (Sub) Episode 1
Not bad, could have been better.

Alice or Alice (Sub) Episode 1
Cute Girls doing cute Girl things.

Love to Lie Angle (Sub) Episode 1
Nice character designs but to short to voice an opinion, but still Mmmm Cherries.

Tokyo Ghoul:re (Sub) Episode 1
Not a bad start, shame it was rushed and left out key details (which I hope gets addressed later).

Yuru Camp (Sub) Episode 0

Boruto Naruto Next Generations episode 52 Action is finally picking up, I really hope they don't readapt the movie in the near further though.

Himouto! Umaru-Chan R episodes 4-10

I really should update more regularly on here

Fate/Apocrypha episodes 20-25 - Overall not too bad a series. Action scenes and characters were real highlights for me. I was pretty lost at times but that's my fault for watching this series without first watching other Fate series to understand what I'm getting into. I'll give Fate/Stay Night a go next and after I've caught up with that, UBW and Zero I'll give Apocrypha another go.

Citrus episode 12 - Well I admit I did enjoy this series despite there being a few uncomfortable scenes here and there. Even so, I thought they did a good job with this series and I might check out the manga as I wait for season 2.

Space Dandy season 2 (complete) - I don't think this series was for me, it was far to daft and silly and I found myself messing on my phone some of the time 6/10

Real Girl - ep 1

Legend of Galactic hero's ep 1 (the new one) - how good is that OP! pretty solid start

Fate/apocrypha 20-25 - and thus ends the fate series I was looking forward to this year (wait, there's another one!? count me in!)
I knew it though, I flippin' knew it, I'm not exactly sure who the animators are (only thing I know is A-1) but it's like super, at least, in that it did have 2 distinct directors in animation, much easier to tell in the last few episodes, most of the time it does look a lot like a fate series, but with some episodes and scenes it seems to switch to something similar to 130 of dragon ball, but not quite as good - lots of smears and distortions as characters dive heavy into action, I'd like to say it looked like devilman crybaby but I won't. as most of crybaby looked awful to me, when the style changed it was hard to know what characters were doing, and how it relates to the scenery which was assassin of red's hanging gardens but in quite a few scenes, the animation was quite on point I really enjoyed the fake plane approach and the Achilles - Charon fight I won't put a spoiler on this one, as I'll try not revealing too much, but Shakespeare is in this one, though I think he's underused, but, with the nature of his noble phantasm and some other abilities, if he was overused at least the second cour would be darker than zero and he'd quickly become more infamous than a character like, well, caster from zero

stein's gate 1-5 - noticed it was on Netflix a little while ago and thought I'd watch it. my brother hasn't watched it though, the organisation must have worked over his mind to miss such a clandestine classic of science fiction media! either that or his mind is just as blunt as his face to start with... and lukako is a dude...

monmasume 1-2 - I lift both hands, make Vs with my fingers, use my best jowl - infused voice as I use the words of ol' nixon I am not a pervert!

I keep forgetting CCS simuldub comes out Wednesday always think it's Thursday for some reason. Anyway just watched Takagi #10
Other than simuls kinda stumped on something else to watch.

Violet Evergarden (Japanese audio) - Episode 13 (Complete)

Overall this was an interesting experience. The visuals and music are stunning and the character designs are top-tier but the story does suffer from here and there, especially in its first quarter. They made a bold choice finishing a certain arc literally 2/3rds in for what could have been the end of the series but what happens afterwards has some solid parts (episodes 10 & 11 specifically). It's well worth the watch but not the OMG BEST SHOW OF THE SEASON that many have been hyping it up to be.

2018-04-05.png

If you make Violet cry you deserve to die.

Violet Evergarden (Japanese audio) - Episode 13 (Complete)

Overall this was an interesting experience. The visuals and music are stunning and the character designs are top-tier but the story does suffer from here and there, especially in its first quarter. They made a bold choice finishing a certain arc literally 2/3rds in for what could have been the end of the series but what happens afterwards has some solid parts (episodes 10 & 11 specifically). It's well worth the watch but not the OMG BEST SHOW OF THE SEASON that many have been hyping it up to be.

2018-04-05.png

If you make Violet cry you deserve to die.
He I finished it earlier too, the ova isn't too far away apparently. Not a one of the greats I'll be remembering for a long time but certainly one of the best in thenwonter season

maxresdefault.jpg

The violet evergarden series is over! Please! What are my orders!

Violet Evergarden-Episode 13 (Complete)

A tear jerking finale, this was just the cherry on top of this great series. Not every episode was a sure fire hit, but when it did hit, it was out of the park. Eagerly awaiting AL's release already!

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure-Episodes 17 and 18 (Rewatch)

Outlaw Star-Episodes 21 and 22

I'm kind of bummed out that the path to the Galactic Leyline was so short? I feel as if the whole show should've been about them gradually working towards getting the coordinates, not some guy just ringing the ship up and telling the crew who knows the coordinates and then them getting them in a single episodes. I understand this show is supposed to be episodic, but I think they easily could've gotten away with that structure whilst also making the discovery of the coordinates more satisfying.

Megalo Box-Episode 1

Brilliant first episode, I'm already excited for me. Animation looks awesome and I love a good underdog story, the futuristic setting just makes things even more interesting. Good stuff.

Comic Girls-Episode 1

This kind of thing is normally up my alley but even I'm surprised just how much I enjoyed this, it had some really funny gags, that I won't spoil. If you're looking for a good comedy this season, I'd heartily recommend this one!

Tada Never Falls in Love ep 1 really enjoyed this first episode definitely going to be carrying on this series.
Megalo Box ep 1 Great first episode, can't wait till next week. My first time watching anime based on boxing, I may have to have a look to see if there's any other good animes based around boxing sometime.
Comic Girls ep 1
Dances with the Dragons ep 1
Legend of the Galactic Heroes Die Neue These ep 1
Yowamushi Pedal Glory Line ep 13

Back